Brimstone Incorporated (2021) Poster

Sad (B) Grade Horror
e-312594 June 2021
Acting was poor even for a "B" grade horror. A couple of good special effects but in general painful to watch until the end.
23 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad acting and FX makes for a poor anthology.
myusername-4399012 June 2021
I love anthologies and appreciative the effort, but this is a disaster. First Date was had the most issues (acting aside, good lord who let these 2 on screen). It made little sense coupled with a ridiculous script which reminded me of a Dawson's Creek wannabe. Skunk Weed wasn't much better, disjointed, poorly edited and acted. Mama's Boy had moments of something, but over all was over the top and had bad FX trying to be something they weren't. As far as the wrap around, the idea was good but, again, poorly acted with a script sounding like the unnatural banter found in Dawson's Creek. The "devil" tried too hard to be evil, failing miserably. I am begging indie horror to spend time on their scripts and finding real actors. But, I do appreciate an anthology, there's that.
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Acting was bad and farfetched stories
meleeaccount15 June 2021
I really wanted to like this, but did not. It was very disjointed and put together poorly. Even though this was not my cup of tea, I do not want to give spoilers to those who may enjoy it. Plain and simple the acting was very amateur, at best, the writing was trying to copy numerous outlets, and 2 of the 3 stories were extremely forced and hardly made sense. The wrap around had merit, less the extremely bad acting. I am sorry for the review, but being honest if you put yourself out there. Not good.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Turn off after the first story
Bento_de_Espinosa1 July 2021
I am a fan of bad movies. Maybe in 30, 40 years this movie will be entirely "good" for lovers of cheesy movies. Right now, only the first of the three stories is "good". It is entertaining, weird and funny. The second one is terrible and the third one is just slightly better.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a particularly great horror anthology...
paul_haakonsen25 July 2021
Well, I will say that the thing with "Brimstone Incorporated" was actually as most of these horror anthologies go. So if you enjoy the campy and cheesy anthologies, then "Brimstone Incorporated". But if you are looking for something a bit more worthwhile your time and entertaining, then "Brimstone Incorporated" is not really a good bet.

I stumbled upon the 2021 horror anthology "Brimstone Incorporated" by random luck. And of course I had to watch it, with it being a horror movie and all. I actually didn't know that it was an anthology before I started watching it.

Sure, the movie's cover was interesting, because it had that mid-1980s thing going on, and it being made out as a comic book cover of sorts, that definitely helped win me over.

Now, the stories told in this anthology were bland, if not actually bordering on being boring. And even the narrative that tied the stories together wasn't all that great. In fact, the narrative was just ludicrously generic. So yeah, not much of any enjoyment for a seasoned horror veteran such as myself here.

The production value of "Brimstone Incorporated" felt subpar, as if watching some film class project.

The acting in the different stories were ranging from adequate to wooden and questionable. So it was a little bit of everything here, and you could say that it was all over the place actually.

I am rating "Brimstone Incorporated" a generous three out of ten stars. I am sure that there is an audience out there for an anthology such as this; I just wasn't part of that audience. When I watch anthologies, I prefer to actually be, you know, entertained.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun and highly enjoyable indie anthology
kannibalcorpsegrinder30 April 2021
Arriving for work, a lawyer at a Satanic law firm reviews several case files to determine where new clients are determined to stay for eternity.

The Good Stor(ies): First Date-Arriving at a slow diner for a date, a man and woman meet up to begin their formalities of a first date and get to know each other .while they try to let their real personalities show. As the date goes on, a series of issues and red flags can't prepare them for how much danger the two eventually find themselves in. This was a rather intriguing starting point to the film. That it goes from a light-hearted comedy to just sheer awkward with the more they have to say to each other and how it eventually progresses serves this pretty well, especially when the red flags begin to show up that make it obvious something isn't right about their relationship. As the date turns into something far darker than expected where everything gets turned into a legit threat to his life, this one becomes rather fun as the psychotic side stands out as being quite nicely where the faulty logic for how everything comes to pass, yet that does mean the segment is highly talkative involving the massive gaps in reasoning justifying the action which can be a slight issue overall.

Mama's Boy-After meeting up together, a man decides to take his new girlfriend home to meet his mother to get her opinion on their relationship. As they carry on with the meeting, as she tries to win her over throughout the night, a series of secrets come to light that few see coming. Overall, this was a pretty solid and enjoyable outing. The stalking scene here featuring the first woman getting attacked and killed in a rather alarming matter to get this going on a nice note, which is enhanced rather well with the flashbacks to later encounters with a vicious killer attacking and killing others. Getting into all the various back-and-forth digs at each other while trying to get onto her good side tends to play out like a generally expected relationship that works out between an over-protective mother and burgeoning girlfriend trying to win her over. Combined with a fantastic twist that makes for a fun time, there's quite a lot to like although the whole epitaph that takes place is highly underwhelming and undoes a lot of the impact it had which is the main issue.

The Bad Stor(ies): Skunk Weed-Stuck in his apartment with agoraphobia, a man takes a look at a care package sent from a friend in order to help inspire a new jingle to write for his employers. As he finds himself going on a far more extreme drug trip than expected, something begins to affect his faculties as something or someone overtakes the apartment. This wasn't that bad of an effort but does feel slightly weaker than the others. Most of this is due to the one-person, single-location setup that serves as the entrance point for the segment, where if it isn't interesting or compelling then it takes a lot to overcome that which is what this suffers from. Dropping us immediately into a situation with a stranger that wasn't introduced in the previous segment leading into the piece makes for a confusing time, and the scenes of him fiddling around the apartment don't have any real interest. Given the bizarre nature of the drug trip and how it works, it's all a mystery what's going on so the graphic body-horror meltdowns, as cool as they look visually, just come out of nowhere with little build-up and lose some impact. They're great to look at but what it all means is the main issue.

Tempter and Associates-By taking on a series of cases for work, a lawyer for an infernal corporation tasks his charges with the details to their death in order to understand where they fit in with the company. As he goes through the various clients and their personal stories, he discovers something that could put the entire operation in jeopardy. This is a pretty decent if overall flawed wrap-around segment. As a means of instigating the main stories to be told and getting all the different figures involved, the setup works quite nicely and is a generally serviceable effort. The main issue here is that most of the twist reveals for the story proper are revealed here instead of in the segments proper, especially the last two which reveal their twists in the meeting rather than within the flashback so they come off as afterthoughts filmed at a later time than the main part of the segment. While the overall layout of the service as a law firm looking at the cases of their clients and all the legal operations that play out from this makes for a fun time, it does have a slight factor about it that lowers this slightly.

Rated Unrated/R: Graphic Violence and Graphic Language.
7 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Move on
planethorror-5312826 June 2021
Another review said, Between Tarantino and King. Sure, if they lost a piece of p*op from their pants walking away from each other it would be Brimstone Incorporated.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An all around great anthology
themetalofmaggot15 April 2021
This is a very fun and funny horror anthology. That reminded a lot of anthologies from the 70's and 80's. It has a ton of awesome twists and turns and gooey special effects. Everyone involved did such an excellent job.
6 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun indie horror anthology
jsampson12325 June 2021
Nice campy find. It's low budget and fun. Worth checking out!
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent movie to watch
biaheffner7 June 2021
Three great different horror stories that come together at the end. The acting was wonderful, effects were awesome and storyline was on point. While everyone was excited and watching the new Conjuring movie, I chose this one and found it well worth the watch!!
3 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very good Horror entertaining
omasbioladen6 June 2021
Somewhere between Quentin Tarantino and Steven King. But you expect much less and might end up spending an early evening with a quite watchable movie - liek the ones from the 80ies.
3 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.