Bram Stoker's Van Helsing (2021) Poster

Oh boy..
nimitz54129 March 2021
Oh boy, here we go again.

A very poorly made film of a classic story that does not really need to be retold.

Poor acting and poor cast of said bad acting leave your stomach churning and wanting to press the stop button on this film at almost every point in the movie.

Save yourself the headache and discontent. Pass this movie over twice if you have to.
27 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The tale of Dracula from Abraham Van Helsing's point of view...
paul_haakonsen11 April 2021
Well, while the 2021 movie "Bram Stoker's Van Helsing" from writer and director Steve Lawson wasn't as bad as I had believed and feared it to be, then it should be said that the movie does suffer from it being a story that has been told so many times before that it is starting to lose its appeal in a new presentation.

"Bram Stoker's Van Helsing" provided me with somewhat adequate entertainment. Sure, the storyline is one that is rather familiar to me already, but it should be said that the atmosphere of the movie and the acting in the movie actually helped make it watchable.

Now, this 2021 movie "Bram Stoker's Van Helsing" is by no means revolutionary, nor is it a movie that was particularly necessary, as the story of "Dracula" has been told many times before. But "Bram Stoker's Van Helsing" takes the story and presents it from Abraham Van Helsing's point of view, and thus effectively putting Dracula out of the equation, for better or worse.

"Bram Stoker's Van Helsing" suffers from its pacing. The storytelling is somewhat monotonous and tedious at times, which makes for a somewhat prolonged viewing experience. And that is the main reason why my rating of "Bram Stoker's Van Helsing" fell below average.

While watchable, "Bram Stoker's Van Helsing" is hardly an outstanding movie, nor is it a movie that you'll watch more than once. Now, it wasn't a bad or poor movie, but it just didn't have enough punch to turn it into a remarkable movie experience.

My rating of "Bram Stoker's Van Helsing" lands on a four out of ten stars.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor Bram Stoker....
jonasatmosfera29 March 2021
The guy must be turning in his grave.

This story has been told so many times, I do not see the point of yet another version. Why waste time and money with with amateur actors, poor production and minimal budget to make an amateurish version of Dracula?

There must other stories to be told... But, it seems, people have definitely run out of ideas. Because, all they can do is to do the same thing again and again again....

What next? A film combining zombies, vampires and werewolves and mummies?
48 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Complete disappointment and embarrassing to Bram Stoker's legacy......
DJNormand3 April 2021
After the first fifteen minutes I couldn't take anymore.

The movie horribly drags like it's in slow motion; add to that not one well known actor appears in the film.

I've seen every film interpretation of Bram Stoker's Dracula ever produced and can honestly state this is the worst adaptation to date.

Don't waste your time unless you enjoy torturing yourself.
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Appalling acting !!
samthegreencat4 April 2021
Know how the actors prepared for their parts in this film? They got a chair and each went alone into the most deepest ,darkest forest they could find and sat there staring at the trees for 9 hours none stop !!!
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I thought this was ..
jeffk-524162 April 2021
Going to at least be of a certain quality... got the Bram Stoker name attached.. but the opening scene.. seemed a bit 'cheap'. The framing just seemed off. Bad lighting, should have gone with the master shot, not the mid closeup. The actor didn't seem to have any screen presence... didn't even make it past the first minute... looked up the film and good thing i saved myself the time..
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
you make me feel good...
ops-5253529 March 2021
But this was lard instead of shredding machine oil to the shredder ,therefore it will last for ever and ever and poor bram and van helsing,will turn in their lead coffins viewing this wormwork of british 2021 production. Just like a bad piece of 1970's tv theater on the national broadcaster...

omg from tgom.
11 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How dare they attach Bram Stoker's name to this utter rubbish
sime-arsov1 April 2021
This movie was full of cringe, bad acting and it felt like very poor amateur production. I've seen worse horror movies than this one, but at least they were original, funky and had a cult fan base. This movie attempts to be taken seriously and that's what makes it worse. I don't see how anyone could enjoy this, besides the people that made it and their relatives and friends. That's about it.

Throughout the whole movie I felt dread and couldn't wait for it to finish as it was just the same predictable cliché situations. The actors made me have goosebumps cringes, you know, that feeling when their acting is so poor that you want to turn your head way and it makes the hair on your arm stand up.

I like to believe that I'm a fan of amateur low-budget horrors and this was so much for me, that I had to go to IMDb and leave a review.

Bram Stoker's family has forbid using their name in Nosferatu, that's why we have great movies like Nosferatu. They didn't allow that movie to use Bram Stoker or Dracula, so the Nosferatu crew had to come up with their own ideas for what it's worth. I'm not sure how the Director is allowed to use this name and why isn't he sued yet. The movie is so bad I want to get a lawyer and sue them. I mean, what else can you expect from a click-bait titles that the Director comes up with like: Nocturnal Activity, Hellriser, Texas Machete Massacre and The Exorcism of Karen Walker. And one of these movie titles was a fake one I came up with, but I bet no one can tell which one it is. This is why Steve Lawson's whole filmography is a prank and I won't be surprised If his next title were to be named Ripper Untold. Yes, that's a real movie this guy is producing and people are actually in it.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hammer Time - great stuff
willrob-7746926 April 2021
Would love to see more of these - with giant budgets and lavish gothic sets. Bring back Hammer Horror and definitely keep Charlie Bond on as a Scream Queen - she's got that House of Horror vibe.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unforgivable
thestot-113 April 2021
No matter how much would-be filmmakers protest : you either can make a movie, or you can't.

Some people can sing.

Some people can't.

This team cannot make a movie.

Having access to a camera makes you as much a photographer as does me being an astronaut because I happen to have stood near a Saturn 5 rocket.

The same applies to every skill.

Learn your craft before publicly launching your garbage.

This film is typical of the slide into unforgivable dross that modern technology has allowed.

There are much more finely-tuned productions on TikTok......
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilarious reviews
danilogateau15 August 2021
I've read the first four reviews about this movie and they're absolutely hilarious. I appreciate the warnings prior my attempts in watching this train wreck of a movie. Thanks I'm advance guys.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor acting masked an even poorer script.
azcomicgeek17 April 2021
I was ready to quit this before the initial titles due to the poor acting. I should have followed my initial impressions and saved myself the time wasted on this travesty of a movie.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I've seen better high school productions
adey1110 September 2021
They acting was forced, juvenile, unconvincing and false. The story dragged slowly on with empty, feigned climaxes. Prop's and staging are contrived with electricity in some parts and candles in others. Most of the movie centred around a small staircase, albeit pretty, but totally lacking in any presence or theatre. The poorest movie I have seen in many years.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The worst
kathyrosebullen24 July 2021
Seriously this film was so boring I fell asleep. I have never done that before. I went to watch it again and it happened again, it's slow, the acting is bad the effects are awful. I do not recommend this awful, boring movie.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What was that...
westy_captain28 July 2021
Ummm what was going on here I really liked the original Van Helsing and I expected this to be similar?

Otherwise why use the name?

Watched the first 30 minutes and was bored out of my brains, actually fell asleep and when I woke up the girl was a vampire tho still in bed...? What the h*ll is that haha.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.