The Lucky One (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 6 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some sexuality and violence|
Sex & Nudity
- The main character Beth, wears several tops that show cleavage and she wears short skin tight shorts throughout. Beth shows up at a picnic where her ex husband makes rude and lustful remarks to her about her body. There is a sensual tension between Beth and Logan the entire film, and they finally kiss, which leads to a series of sex scenes, always cutting away before anything "major" is shown. However, you see Logan grab Beth's backside, and remove her bra. You see her taking off his shirt and touching his chest. They are seen in bed together often, and there is always a lot of skin showing. You see part of Logan's backside when his pants are riding low. Logan kisses her thighs and she hovers over him in bed in one scene. She straddles him in a chair at one point and he pulls her down and closer by the backside. One scene shows a lot of kissing in an outdoor shower, and although they are fully clothed, because she is in a skirt and unbuttoned Logan's pants, it is evident they are having sex including some thrusting. I'm giving it a 7 out of ten because it's pretty sexually charged. You don't have to see anything graphic to know exactly what is going on.
Violence & Gore
- The movie starts out with warfare in Afghanistan. Lots of gunfire, and you see a man go down after being shot. He is killed. Women and children cower in a corner of a house after the soldiers force their way in. It's an intense moment. Then you see a bomb go off while some soldiers are in their jeep. The impact knocks Logan unconscious and he is allowed to go home. After he gets home, the sound of gunfire on a videogame makes him nervous and he drops dishes and looks scared. His nephews leap on his bed while he sleeps to play with him, but he jerks awake and pins one of the little boys down by the neck out of instinct. No one is hurt, but it's alarming. Beth has a meltdown and begins throwing things outside and breaking pots, crying and screaming. Logan wraps his arms around her and refuses to let her move until she calms down. There is a tension between Beth's ex-husband and Logan, and at one point her ex pulls out a gun on Logan. It's sudden and unexpected and the reaction of everyone around them is startling. Logan responds by quickly disarming him and removing the cartridge, giving the gun to the deputy nearby. Ben get a nose bleed from playing soccer. Beth's ex husband grabs her and won't let go for a few minutes even though she insists he do so. There is a lot of other implied danger with this ex husband throughout the movie.
- An even sprinkling of profanity and cursing throughout.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Beth says she won't joke around until there are a few beers in her. You see Logan later taking her out for a drink. There are a few other scenes where alcohol is present. Beth's ex husband is drunk when he pulls out the gun.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Ben's father is quite aggressive towards Beth (who is his ex-wife). He threatens to take Ben away from her several times.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- At the end of the film, Ben's dad turns up at Beth's house and says he will take Ben away when she refuses to take him back as her husband. Ben hears this and runs out of the house. Ben's dad runs after him, shouting aggressively. Logan also runs after Ben after seeing what is happening. Ben runs across a bridge to get to his tree-house and his dad also runs across the bridge, which breaks and Ben and his Dad fall into a river. Logan jumps into the river and swims with Ben to safety. The wind knocks the tree house over on top of Ben's dad and he dies. The death is not shown, but they imply it later.