Amazon Queen (2021) Poster

(2021)

its pandemia...
ops-5253514 October 2021
And everythings for free, so lets go hire a boat on the amazonas and shoot the movie weve always wanted to make, and of they went, family and frinds, making the screenplay at the airport, bought a camera or two at the tax free and so goes the fairytail.... just a possible scenario of the origins of this production...

which stinks to such a degree that its only watchable a double or triple speed , and make a benny hill like show outta it. Plot is stupid, acting is amateuristic stumbling, and the main set production are what you may expect in a narrow space, cause its done the difficult way on board a ship. There are only one area of the moviemaking that i can acclaim and that is the beutiful sceneries of nature shot with high quality drones that make the background frame of this production. Actually well filmed and well chosen takes that theyve mingled with the poo-rest.

So a two minus for this amazonian jungle cruise comes from the grumpy old man. I think if i had the doe and the guts i couldve made a sequel with a far better story and plot, including some piranhas and barracudas using crooks for bait, so its a no recommend whatsoever.
6 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
1 Star. I would give 0 Stars, but the rating system won't allow it.
psxexperten13 October 2021
All the 9 and 10 star rating are fake.

I am honestly so shocked at how bad this movie was, that I won't even bother explaining it. Story was horrible, acting was horrible, effects were horrible, and the list goes on.

Anyone who gives this movie over a 1 or 2 was either a part of the movie, related to someone in the movie, or paid to rate it highly. Period.

This is a typical f-rated movie. The best way to watch is with the sound off while wearing a blind fold.
19 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh look, a snake!
MK_Ultra_15 October 2021
Read a little about it and decided to check it out. Made it into the first 40 minutes and bailed.

All style zero substance. And by style I mean "oh look a monkey!" to help distract from a terribly written and even worse execution. The acting is about as wooden as can be. The melodramatic cheesiness is almost too overwhelming...Think soap opera look, feel and writing, maybe a tad worse? How this ever got greenlit makes you wonder.

Think.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Some of the shots are nice
Jim_Screechy13 October 2021
Its true, its not a good film, but from a technical standpoint, its deserves the three stars. The camera work is good and there are some beautiful shots taken by someone who knows what they are doing.

The script is ridiculous, 'some' of the acting is worse than barnyard productions I've seen and the screenplay isn't worthy of the disk space it took to store it. The score is terrible and overdone throughout the whole film and the direction is... I'll not go on, you get the idea.

It's definitely not worth seeing, though as background fodder, it might be something to put on while you do your chores, your taxes or just need something to lull you to sleep.

Its Hallmark channel worthy, and though the high ratings are clearly bogus, I think the one-out-of-ten scores are probably harshly trying to serve up some sort of punishment rather than reflect an accurate assessment.

I cannot recommend it.
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazon Boredom to the MAX!
reellycynical13 October 2021
You've heard of a "B Movie" right?

Well this is two steps below THAT. I would call it a "D Movie" - as in "DUMB".

The BEST part of this movie are the brief glimpses of wildlife. - that's it.

If I could rate it ZERO stars, I would.

Horrible acting. Tongue-in cheek stupid humor throughout.

Run for your life.
19 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So bad.
mail-1903513 October 2021
Friends to the cast and producer skewing the IMDB ratings. This is not a 8-10 movie, more like a 0. The acting is very bad, the cinematography is off and the whole movie feels very low budget. Avoid.
14 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The stars are for the photography....
elhonig-902-12989618 October 2021
This movie has only the bare bones of a plot, some bad to mediocre acting, and one of the worst fights I've ever seen between the bad guy and the good guy - couldn't decide who was worse. Almost, but not quite, comical.

I did like the cinematography, and the mini-tour of the Amazon. The footage worth seeing was about 10-15 minutes of the movie. If they could have just released this part as a kind of travel documentary, it would have been more satisfying.

You can miss this movie, and spend your valuable time watching a much better one.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amateur Hour.... My rating is way too high
oiltrader13 October 2021
Please, please, please don't waste your money watching this. It is terrible. The camera work, the acting, the plot, etc. Just boggles my mind how bad it is. Words cannot describe what a waste of time and money it was to watch this. I couldn't even finish it. Right from the get go, the villains are useless. The romance is stupid and all the other reviews about the camera work is a sham. Yes, there are parts of the movie that show how beautiful the amazon is, but "Jungle Cruise", even with all the CGI, was a much, much better movie. Nuff said. Bad to the bone.
18 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great filming location, not much else to note
zalessky13 October 2021
This movie looks like the producers rented a boat, employed inexperienced actors and let them enjoy themselves while loosely following some sort of script. Amazon River shots are amazing (they're difficult to spoil), and there are some great wildlife shots as well, but other than that it's not really interesting to watch. Acting is not good, action is slow. The hostage situation mentioned in the storyline takes place at about 2/3 of the movie. They didn't even bother to put in some digital blood and bullet marks when someone gets shot.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gorgeous and not as bad at some of these reviews say
shannapet12 November 2021
I saw this film as part of the Las Vegas International Film and Screenwriting Festival, and found it to be a nice addition to the mix of films, especially since it was a more commercial premise and had what may be the best cinematography and location photography I've ever seen from an independent film. This genuinely raises the quality of the film, as it is such a big part of the whole thing.

One problem, as other reviews note, is the acting. It's very wooden, and I also think the film could have benefitted from "feeling" more like a film. I can't put my finger on it, but it felt like a nature show or a PBS show, mixed with a Lifetime or basic cable thriller, not a cinematic film. It could also be the overall mood of the film? I love movies, but, unfortunately I don't know enough to make a specific suggestion with one viewing.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hahaha, people are snobs.
Steve-629-7296144 November 2021
You know when you are watching something that is done on a shoestring, the only way the makers can.

Rate it how you want, but why with such venom?

I love reading the critical analysis of some of these snobs.

I bet many of them haven't dared take that step, to try and produce something from somewhere within them, and then put it on view for the world to see.

That takes guts alone.. Why such venom, for anything> Hahaha It it was by Hitchcock or Speilberg, then okay. But these people tried to do something.

Not sat behind their screens thinking..... hmmm, I have nothing else to do in my life now, I can't move on until I have vented, hahah It wasn't great, but jeez, hahaha Maybe take up a drug addiction and fill that void in your soul.

Aurevoir (That's Greek)
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Big thrillls on the Amazon
pperry8722 September 2021
Count this among the classic Amazon River movies. Massi is a master at propelling this flick forward, working the script like a fine cutting tool. Add this to your watch list.
6 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice Message and Film
JKDmnd7 September 2021
Saw this film at an early pre screening. Action/suspense story line filmed in the beautiful Amazon jungle with a few important underlying messages. Music and filming were great, as were the shots of the scenery and wildlife. Very special that it was actually filmed in the Amazon. Overall acting was good. Hard to hear and understand the main female character. Unsure if this was a lack in her acting experience or possibly film editing. The male lead along with the supporting male roles were quite good! A nice piece of artwork overall.
9 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We had fun!
annageva-4890728 October 2021
It's a cool movie, great cinematography, a little bit cheesy but fun to watch with the kids. The actors delivered well.

I loved all the animals. Makes me wanna go to Brazil!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An exciting adventure that's a feast for the eyes
jasanders11 November 2021
I really enjoyed Amazon Queen. It has a well-crafted story, good acting by the key cast members, convincing villains, and solid directing, all with the amazing backdrop of the Amazon jungle. It felt like i was really there, and that matters a lot when I'm watching a film.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great acting and cinematography
joemeek-113 November 2021
Really great acting. Beautiful cinematography. Fun to watch the drama and romance unfold. Storyline is a little contrived but comes together nicely at the end. Makes me want to travel to the Amazon!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Impressed with what was accomplished
ski_sail_nick27 October 2021
W/a short shooting window, too many unknowns to count, and the production getting torpedoed by one selfish actor, it was a marvel it even got finished. Heck of an accomplishment to the team for this; looking forward to the next one.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Delightful Movie (7 stars)
claytondamasco26 October 2021
If you are looking for a movie to watch with your family?

I believe Amazon Queen is a great choice!

The movie starts slow and really gets better as it gets closer to the end.

I really enjoyed all the jungle images, it's a great way to show your family about the natural life in the Amazon forest. Some great images of real animals, not computerized. Really fun!
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brazil is the Key
michaelmcconnell-8839228 October 2021
Well acted, scripted and filmed. Fast paced adventure films for all ages. I thought the relationships in the movie were very moving. Hey man; good flick.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A MUST SEE INDEPENDENT MOVIE
stevemcconnell-9961026 August 2021
An amazing movie. It's made with all the ingredients of a quality starstruck movie, professionally directed by director Marlin Darrah and features a quality cast of characters. There is the beautiful scenery of Brazil and the region of the Amazon River. There's adventure, drama, romance and all of it sprinkled with moments of humor. The movie has twists and turns to keep you thinking about what might happen in the next second, the next minute. I also see it has won many awards at film festivals around the world. You won't be disappointed.
8 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
adventure and betrayals on the Amazon
noelleneary26 August 2021
This fun adventure story tells the tale of an interesting cast of vacationers who get way more than they bargained for on their cruise down a river in the Amazon . Who are the villains and who are the heroes? Keeps you guessing. The beautiful scenery in this movie is a bonus. A must see.
8 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A sublime journey
keith-1658627 August 2021
A stunning trip down the Amazon punctuated with greed, deception and discovery. And beautifully wrapped up in nature's beauty. The story was exciting and the cinematography was spectacular. I loved it.
7 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Full of suspense in the beautiful Amazon
mypxgpw28 August 2021
I was lucky enough to see an early private showing of this movie and loved it from start to finish, really got my heart beating. Also, beautiful scenery in the Amazon.
5 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Something For Everyone!
osb-4233930 August 2021
Amazon Queen kept me thinking, captivated and emotionally invested the whole time. The story brings everything to the table- action, conflict, romance, relatability etc. The scenery is beautiful as it was filmed in the Amazon- with beautiful attention to detail and a show case of the natural environment. Highly recommend this for all different audiences.
6 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brazil and the Jungle Adventure
michaelmcconnell-8848128 October 2021
So much stuff going on in the movie I felt like I was there. The luxury river boat was such a beautiful part of the movie. The whole robbery scene was so unexpected; yet well filmed. Great drone shots from the Queen.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.