The Expendables (2010)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 34 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong action and bloody violence throughout, and for some language|
Sex & Nudity
- Mr. Church briefly says "Let's quit jerking off".
- A reference to oral sex is made.
- The word 'sexy' is used a couple of times when referring to tattooing Charlotte from Charlotte's web on a mans head.
- A man and woman kiss.
- A scantily clad biker woman is shown. She is wearing very short shorts, and shows a lot of cleavage. A man slaps her on the bottom as she takes the lift.
- There are suggestive scenes of violence against a female prisoner. Lots of cleavage is shown at this point. Also the woman's skirt, in this scene- gets very short/thigh length.
Violence & Gore
- Two men kill a group of bad guys using knives and guns. Very bloody/violent.
- A man saves a woman from two bad guys, cutting off one of their arms and stabbing the other in the neck. Maybe the most violent moment in the film.
- A group of men shoot and kill a group of bad guys in the beginning, and blood spatters can be seen. One man is blown in half. Very violent.
- Two men get into a brutal fist fight near a fire, and one of them knocks the other into the fire. The victim burns onscreen, but once knocked into the fire, he burns offscreen, though his screams cans till be heard.
- Two men get into a brutal fist fight while two other men kill several bad guys, and fight a third man in a 2v1. Several bad guys are stabbed/shot in this scene (violent), and the two men fighting the one man, finally kill him by kicking his neck until it snaps.
- Two men in a plane fly over a large group of bad guys on a dock and blow them up and shoot them. Much destruction and death is seen.
- Two men engage in a very brutal fight, with one repeatedly punching and kicking the other. The other bangs his head on a metal bar, and continues fighting, slamming his opponent against the ceiling. He's about to kill him, but another man shoots him (non-fatally; some blood seen).
- The Expendables lead a massive raid on an island, and MANY explosions and shootouts/fist fights occur. Several men are seen getting brutally stabbed/shot, and one man has a special gun which is very powerful, and is seen blowing several bad guys apart in a bloody way.
- Two men briefly fight on the deck of a ship, but are interrupted.
- The violence in this film is not always very violent but there are scene that have strong violence. Lots of it is comical too, because all the guys are cracking jokes the whole time.
- There's a car chase, and i's very destructive. Several people are graphically shot and the cars crash.
- A fight ensues between two men, there is much kicking, punching and other brutal moves. One of the men is about to be impaled on a pole, but is stopped. Comedic. Between two high school rivals.
- People plant explosives all over a building and later activate them, resulting in a large explosion that decimates the building.
- A man breaks another man's elbow sideways. Somewhat comical but sorta gross.
- A man is stabbed in the thigh, and his opponent kicks the wound on his thigh.
- 7-8 uses of 'f**k', at least 20 uses of 'shit', 2 uses of "son of a bitch", and uses of other milder profanities like 'damn', 'ass', 'prick', etc.
- The Extended Director's Cut has more strong language.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A couple scenes of tobacco use.
- The main villains are illegally producing cocaine, although no use is shown. Large packages are clearly shown.
- One character is a drug addict and it is stated that he is using, although he never uses drugs on screen
- The Expendables team drink beer in a few scenes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Can be intense to some. But the movie is very funny, so during violent scenes the guys crack jokes to keep it light.
- The final battle on the island is pretty violent/graphic and intense.
- The fight between Toll Road and Paine is pretty intense and brutal.
- The fight between Yin-Yang and Gunner is pretty intense and brutal.
- A man falls off a bridge into water. He then says "That was AWESOME!"
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The beginning shootout when some of the shooters head got blown off (very gory
- Some of the shooters face blows off