As Gouda as it Gets (TV Movie 2020) Poster

(2020 TV Movie)

Cheesy but gouda (ba-dum-tsss)
Mlle_Chouette3 June 2021
It's a tradicional hallmark-style romance movie but it's quite pleasing to watch. Of course, the story is predictable as ever, but it was really enjoyable. The actors are cute and the chemistry between the leads is nice, the supporting characters didn't bring much to the story besides the antagonist but still I really liked this one. Or was it because of all the cheese-food?...
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cheese has more to it
mkfqvyhf9 May 2022
This movie did not get good reviews but I don't know why people are being harsh to it. I liked it. It opened my eyes to the big world of cheese. It's a good movie. It is a simple movie. I think it is definitely worth a watch.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
makes me not want to eat cheese again
celticwarrior_amazonwoma6 November 2021
Didn't even get past the first scene with her stirring her open exposed pot of milk with a spoon with no hairnet or gloves on and manhandling every bit of cheese from the back to rubbing the Gouda with her bare hands as she put it into the display case and serving it to the customers. Listen I know it's cheesy Hallmark quality (yes I said cheesy lol), but have the writers never been to the deli counter at the grocery store before? That's about all the expertise you need to include these tiny details. You don't need to work at a dairy farm for a year to learn the craft. I'm an avid cheese hound, lover, eater, devourer, I have NeVer ever in my entire life been to a deli or cheese counter where the person behind the counter manhandled my cheese with their bare hands. Nor have I ever been to a dairy farm or cheese farm where they did not wear gloves or hairnets during production. If the first 20 minutes of a movie can make me contemplate never eating cheese again, then it must be bad.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
like the couple and the cheese
SnoopyStyle6 November 2021
Brie Belanger (Kim Shaw) is an artisan cheese maker with her own shop. She is the only local entry for a competition. Jack Wolfe (Clayton James) is a famous cheese critic and writer. He comes in to review her cheeses.

These are adorable leads. They have a cute chemistry. It's a cheesy romance. The comedy is very slight. The romance is sweet. There is nothing too wrong about this. It's just not aiming that high. The middle falls a little flat. The rival could have been more evil. The movie needs tension from somewhere and the business rivalry could have been amped up. This is a low intensity romantic drama. I do like the couple. I like the cheese. Everything else is a bit flat.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Predictable but fine.
Sergiodave19 November 2021
This might be the cheesiest movie title of all time, which to be honest was the only reason I initially watched it. This is your typical Hallmark style love story, there will be no major twists and the ending won't surprise you, but it might put a smile on your face. One this I can't figure out is why it's set in Vermont when half of the actors speak with a Canadian accent, set it in Canada, we're not stupid!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.