It is two years after the defeat of Majin Buu, and Earth is enjoying a time of peace. Mr. Satan invites all of the Z Fighters to a banquet celebrating the opening of his hotel, but while they are enjoying themselves, they are interrupted by the arrival of Tarble, brother of Vegeta, and Tarble's wife. Tarble tells them how two fighters, formerly henchmen of Frieza, are terrorizing the planet that he now lives on, and he asks for their help in vanquishing these new foes.
24 November 2008 (Germany)
See more »
Also Known As:
Dragon Ball: Hey! Son Goku and Friends Return!!
See more »
Aspect Ratio: 1.85 : 1
See full technical specs
Did You Know?
When Gohan and Videl look at the computer, the monitor displays the following:
- a one-star Dragon Ball
- the Tori-Bot (a trademark character meant to represent "Dragon Ball" author Akira Toriyama)
- and Neko Majin (a magical cat and titular character of Toriyama's Dragon Ball spin-off comic).
Gotenks is able to de-fuse instantly after the failed "fat" fusion. But in the series when fighting Buu, and in the movie with Janemba, fusing, successful or not, lasts half an hour. There's no way to end a fusion early, nor is there a way to extend the effects. See more
[scans Goku with his scouter
Excuse me, I don't think you have the necessary combat strength.
Dun't rely on your scouter. Combat strength can change very quickly.
The intro sequence to the movie is an update of the opening credits of Dragon Ball Z: Dead Zone
(1989), with updated animation and slight modifications:
- at the beginning, Goten pulls out from behind Goku's leg instead of Gohan
- when Goku and Goten ride the Nimbus, Vegeta is seen flying around them with kid Trunks riding on his back
- Goten and Trunks run on Shenron's back instead of kid Gohan, and instead of Yajirobe running in the background alone, he is seen with Korin, Kibito Kai, and Old Kai
- when the other Z Fighters pass the kids, Gohan is seen flying and holding Chi-Chi (in place of Tien and Chiaotzu flying) ; this scene also only features Yamcha, Krillin (with hair), Gohan and Chi-Chi.
- scenes of the characters with their families are shown
- instead of Gohan being chased by a dinosaur, Goten and Trunks are the ones seen running away from the dinosaur; later when other characters (Master Roshi with Turtle on his back, Bulma, Oolong, and Puar riding on Bulma's bike, and Kid Gohan) all run from the same dinosaur, it's instead Bulma accompanied by Chi-Chi and Videl
- when Tien, Yamcha, and Krillin are firing energy blasts, Krillin can be seen with hair; also Yamcha fires a Kamehameha rather than "charging" a Spirit Ball
- Goten and Trunks run along plains with Shenron in the background, instead of Gohan
- Gohan falling through the sky and being caught by Goku is replaced with Goten falling through the sky and being caught by Gohan
- and the final shot of the heroes shows them as they are at this point of the series (post-Buu). Master Roshi is absent, and while Tien and Chiaotzu are seen they do not appear in the feature.
Followed by Dragon Ball Z Kai
Performed by Hironobu Kageyama
Lyrics by Yukinojô Mori
Music by Chiho Kiyôka
Arrangement by Kenji Yamamoto See more