The Trip (2021) Poster

(2021)

Bang On !!
siddhanth15416 October 2021
This Movie from Start to Finish is on point, Acting is brilliant and the characterization is perfect.

The entertainment quotient is so high and there is not even a single dull moment in this 100mins Movie.

The Dark Humour and the Background score go so well together and this is the first time I laughed when blood went splattering all over in the movie.
34 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Trip
Tweekums21 October 2021
Lisa and Lars have been going through a rough patch in their marriage. They decide to spend some time together at Lars's father's lakeside cabin to patch things up... except that neither intends to do that; they each plan to murder the other for the insurance money! It won't be as easy as either of them think with each gaining the upper hand at times. Then a treat emerges that endangers both of them; Petter, Dave and Roy, a trio of escaped killers were hiding in the attic and now plan to do unpleasant things to Lisa and Lars. Things are about to get nasty.

If you like your comedy pitch black then this is for you. The plot may not have great depth but serves to first put the leads at each other's throats before introducing a threat to them both. The earlier scenes in the cabin are laugh out loud funny. This means when the unpleasantness in the basement starts it is quite a shock as it threatens to go into 'Straw Dogs' territory. The humour does return; much of it at the same time as we witness wince inducing violence. The various weapons employed are quite original as well as guaranteeing a lot of gory damage. The cast is solid; most obviously Noomi Rapace and Aksel Hennie as Lisa and Lars respectively. The setting was great; scenic and remote enough to mean we can believe the activities won't be seen or heard by others. Overall I'd definitely recommend this to fans of gory comedies; it was even better than I'd hoped.

These comments are based on watching the film in Norwegian with English subtitles.
43 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Carnage in the Cabin...
Xstal4 November 2021
A slapstick, melodramatic, over the top, theatrical, comedy thriller bloodbath - knifing, shooting, strangling, drowning and mowing its way through so much flesh it would make Takeshi Miike proud.
20 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bloody fun on a trip to the mountain cabin
OJT1 August 2021
The Trip, or in Norwegian: I onde dager ("For worse" in the "For better and for worse..") is a typical Tommy Wirkola movie, which means it's fun and bloody.

Wirkola has taken the trip back from Hollywood to make a piece with Noomi Rapace and Aksel Hennie, and it's a fun ride.

All actors impress in this wild and funny violent ride.

Lisa and Lars are unhappy. She's an actor, he's a director, and the happy days of marriage are over. So when holidays come, they plan to kill each other while staying in their mountain cabin. But things don't at all go as planned.

Not at all, for any of them, nor for the three escaped prisoners on the run which has turned up in their cabin.
67 out of 82 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Enjoyed this!
kbaxws16 October 2021
I wasn't so sure after the first scene seemed pretty cheesy..,and i nearly ditched the movie. But glad I didn't. A cool rollercoaster ride as a married couple with a grudge try to kill each other. The various characters that came along were an added boost in the second half. All around a fun gory movie.
27 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great dark humour comedy !
lucienm-6032116 October 2021
Don't think it's really a horror movie.

It's actually more like an excellent, very dark humour comedy !

Very good casting !

Love the Norwegian countryside chalet location.

Good screenplay !
32 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Now this was great fun!
jcdamien15 October 2021
Excellent original script, beautifully acted and directed and not a single dull moment. European movies are just so much better than Hollywood!

Sometimes all we want is to be entertained.
35 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is just cheesy bloody fun!
freddy_at_home16 October 2021
This is a classic Wikola production. It's suppose to be funny and cheesy. I loved every moment of it. Really fun!!

Watch it if you don't got a limited view on movies. And just enjoy something other than Hollywood.
37 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This was quite enjoyable...
paul_haakonsen28 October 2021
I had the opportunity to sit down and watch the 2021 Norwegian movie "I Onde Dager" (aka "The Trip"), and needed no persuasion to do so. Why? Well, solely because it was a Norwegian movie that I hadn't already seen. And no, I hadn't heard about the movie prior to sitting down for watching it, so I wasn't really sure what I was in for here.

I have to say that writers Tommy Wirkola, Nick Ball and John Niven definitely managed to churn out a storyline that proved to be entertaining. And it was a storyline that combined elements from various genres of movies, from dark comedy, horror/thriller and action in a very fulfilling manner. So thumbs up to the writers for their collaborative achievement here.

There was a good flow and pacing to the story, which meant that there weren't really any dull moments throughout the course of the entire movie. Director Tommy Wirkola definitely had a knack for setting up the scenes and piling gradually on to the storyline.

The cast ensemble for "I Onde Dager" was great. I was only familiar with Noomi Rapace here, but they had an abundance of good performers in the movie. I will also say that Aksel Hennie, Atle Antonsen, Christian Rubeck and André Eriksen put on great performances and added a lot to the movie.

I was genuinely entertained by what director Tommy Wirkola delivered with "I Onde Dager", and this is certainly a movie that I can warmly recommend you sit down to watch.

My rating of "I Onde Dager" lands on a well-deserved seven out of ten stars.
24 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Norwegian Quentin Tarantino!!
alexdomansky2 August 2021
Thrilling, bloody and good paced. But most of all, funny! Tommy Wirkolas best movie yet, and he couldn't have picked better actors for this masterpiece.
38 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Solid!
shsam18 October 2021
Wow a movie! I was very surprised, I watched it without seeing the trailer and i'm happy I took the risk of watching it. I just clicked din it too bco of Noomi Rapace!

This is kinda gruesome but, very entertaining and well made too! That's it, just pls watch it. It's going to be worth your time :)
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really funny
viirek20 October 2021
This blood-soaked Norwegian film noir takes Pulp Fictionianism to a whole another level. Absolutely hilarious. Dark humour at its best. So many twists and turns in the plot that it makes your head spin, but its wittiness makes the experience thoroughly enjoyable. If you cannot tolerate the sight of blood, this film is not for you.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Profound, fun, entertaining splatter, a rare gem!
lamaltun13 September 2021
Never a dull moment in this film!

Unusually down to earth deep moments for this kind of movies.

Great actors performances, high quality filming, costumes and production design, totally high end production.
24 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A bloody violent trip. Not for faint of heart.
israelkirven18 October 2021
I loved this ever changing plot. Never kept me bored for a second. People at their base survival. At times it was sweet and touching at others. Watched in original language. Loved how they sound. Cannot recommend this enough. Looking forward to more like it!!
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dysfunctional married couple + 3 escaped convicts = Slapstick horror
joey91217 October 2021
A dysfunctional married couple takes a trip to a remote cabin in the woods with plans to murder each other. But the situation goes awry when they encounter 3 bumbling escaped convicts who were hiding in the attic. Back and forth fighting. A lot of 3 Stooges-like smacks to the face. Everyone has a bloody face in this movie! Lol. It was actually a fun movie that flies by, but not a perfect movie. Favorite character was the lead convict. He was just so calm and matter of fact throughout the whole picture.
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprisingly good
Calicodreamin20 October 2021
At no point did I ever really know where this movie was going, and I appreciate that. There were a few funny moments, a lot of top notch gore, and decent acting.
34 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Good Movie
gab-6759918 October 2021
At times it was hard to watch poor Rapace get thrown around and hit as many times as she did. Then again the whole movie was punching and pain. It was also an up and down movie. Something cool would happen and then it would get boring and then something cool and back to boring. I loved Lar's grandpa he was lol hilarious! I recommend if you like action and a lot of blood.
21 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bloody fun
ron_gold16 October 2021
Bloody and fun foreign film.

Original with good acting, I appreciate foreign cinema as it always puts big $$$ Hollywood films to shame.

Don't know why the low score but I recommend watching it if you're into light , captivating, bloody comedy .
13 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very entertaining splatter movie
tommy-19031 July 2021
The production quality was very high for this Wirkola movie compared to previous Norwegian movies, but that was merely the icing on the cake. The actors' performances, especially Atle Antonsen, were top notch, and made every character believable.

Well-paced and well-made through and through. Would not recommend it to people who can't let go and just enjoy a movie for what it is, but for everyone else, it's definitely worth checking out.
25 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Its a must see!!l
ernestofeio18 October 2021
Long time since I was so entertaining!!

Very hard-core, great story, with great performances .

Character building and story telling are amazingly simple and mesmerising at the same time, great punch lines, fun and funny, trash and smart!!

Thanks for the joyfully rolercoaster with great action and a deep thoughtful "realistic" heart feeling love story!!

Great for all audiences above 18!

It deserves an Oscar for best film of its type!!
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My New Favorite Movie!
subieluver16 October 2021
Will definitely be watching this one many times! One of the best movies I ever seen! You got comedy, blood, great acting etc. All in one incredible film. Great job to everyone that had a part in making this a reality, so we could all enjoy this masterpiece!
16 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining indeed!
The_Geek_Spot17 October 2021
Remarkably good in all honesty! I thought at first it was just going to be one of those foolish foreign movies that go just about nowhere. The beginning parts seemed slow at first and I was kinda tempted to switch to another movie, but just manage to go through the talk stuff and the novia is truly worth watching until the end.

It had the right amount of action, gore and squeezed in bits of comedy as well. The story was funny and entertaining and will get you wired up with the action too. I wanted to give it a full perfect rating, but like I said it was kind of a drag in the beginning.
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This writer/director is BRILLIANT we hope no we PRAY he keeps making comedy/horror films, PHENOMENAL!!
joiningjt2 November 2021
We watched this hilarious brilliant film and did no research at all it just looked good so we said let's watch. Comedy/horror films have become our favorites but most are 5s and 6s at best. The writer AND director of this film knows how to do it. We loved this film and after looking on IMDb found out he also was responsible for the PHENOMENAL 2 masterpiece films dead snow 1 and part 2!! Our top 10 comedy horrors now have 3 of his films in it. We LOVED this film everything about it!! PLEASE KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING...its absolutely BRILLIANT!!!
23 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Super FUN
ndy-sueza17 October 2021
Soooo good. I felt like, "Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels" hadda baby. Guy Ritchie would be proud. Great ride! I was laughing all the way. Fantastic mental break. Plausible Absurdity throughout!!! I appreciate the artistic effort in this film; the wonderfully balanced genres. Definitely recommending it.
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A first class thriller
gerardmartin7721 October 2021
I expected little from this Norwegian movie on Netflix until I realised who the two lead actors were. What a pairing of Rapace and Hennie. Just brilliant. Great acting , a first class script and thrilling direction. This black comedy/thriller deserves all of its 7 stars in my opinion.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.