Gatham (2020) Poster

(2020)

Decent movie with artificial acting and dialog delivery
harris-javag6 November 2020
Crew did a good job...but major negative thing is acting from the cast and their dialog delivery, it seemed so much artificial...but overall a decent movie during normal time...but it's COVID time so it's a good movie for a one time watch...but way better than other Big OTT releases...
12 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Intriguing Thriller
pvenu-569489 November 2020
First of all, Congratulations to the Team! Everything in the movie is so good and captivating. I had an great weekend with my family watching this movie. What i really like in this movie is below

A) The way director portrayed the story B) Twists C) Screenplay D) Visuals - Locations

All the best to the crew members. Good thing is that all you guys are working and apart from your busy schedules, you really took time and worked on this movie. Really a lot of Hardwork gone thru .. I really appreciate all of you and Good Luck!
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Facts disappoint us but we can't escape
indrakaran-413847 November 2020
It's a copy of Forgotten- 2017 Korean movie. However, it is a great attempt. Cinematography is at its best. The actors didn't act well and doesn't look realistic. Please take it as a constructive feedback.
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good psycho thriller with twists!!
ramarajunfcl6 November 2020
Very rarely we see psychological and psycho thrillers in telugu. But debutant Kiran gave a neat thriller. Though lead actors faces aren't convincing at first they make us get involved later. Bgm , Cinematography and Visuals are highlight with limited budget. First half is a bit weak with slow pace. Few twists are good. Slow pace overall. Overall a neat thriller by a debutant.
Good one
haritha-202126 November 2020
One the best movies in recent time. Give it a watch
11 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't fall for reviews - close pals seems to rate it
balasandeep-1769616 November 2020
This is the worst movie ever seen and looks like the movie maker has lot of friends who reviewed it well and am sure they did it against their will. Such a horrible cast and crew, Acting forget about it Movie is terrible and a total disaster.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointed with some silly plotholes
rvunacad6 November 2020
I found the movie good until a point when it seemed so stupid and silly. The father and Meera were trying to escape from an injured man and left a barrel gun right in his hands for him to chase and shoot. Father disarmed him in the snow later but again left him with that gun and started running. Wtf was this?! I won't even mention how absurd this seemed. Again it is shown the Adithi was given was oxygen and other supplies for god knows what reason when the villain duo had already decided to murder her before putting her in the trunk. The last scene made no sense how that trunk metal banged as the driver Laxman had already shot Rishi in the chest from behind and RIshi was dead for sure. Everything was good apart from these silly plotholes. They ruin such good plots with so stupid things.
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Annoying...brain became numb!
jyothiatkuri8 November 2020
Sat with enthusiasm to watch the film expecting a good thriller....after a while into the movie writing fails, logic fails, acting fails except for the person who played rishi...
9 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Engaging and thrilling product from indie filmmakers
yashad-782429 November 2020
It is a more than decent product from indie filmmakers who generally are on shoestring budget. Special commendation to Mr. Bhargava (Arjun), who is not an actor but a full time senior Google employee! There shouldn't be comparisons to big banner products as it is difficult to release a product with 1/10th (probably less) of the budget and shoot a thriller movie in USA!

Overall good job by the cast and crew.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst Movie of all time
mahe-6773527 November 2020
Worst acting. Lets start there. No logic whatsoever in the story. Some random things keep happening for absolutely no reason & an explanation follows. Its not about the movie alone. Its about the many reviews written here that makes you wonder whats all these is about.
Great twist!
sravanigvits10 November 2020
Really loved the performance of everyone. And it was a great attempt guys! I really liked the dialogue delivery. Loved the cinematic experience!
Decent Movie
rahul-hemanthrahul-heman10 November 2020
Considering it is done by non film background folks I appreciate the movie. They had good production values and the screenplay was good. The movie was a little slow for the first 15 min but picked up the pace after that. I especially liked the father's character and how he has been portrayed in the movie.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Engaging thriller - one of its kind
ajit_ponds-555697 November 2020
Engaging plot, scintillating background score , tight editing , California's picturesque landscapes and natural acting , pick of the actors is Bhargav Poludasu , a debut which would be remembered for long time in Telugu movies . A must watch for anyone interested in meaningful cinema .
Good thriller
dheerajdesai-404926 November 2020
Good plot with some excellent twists and the crime investigation part is good, a nice attempt,the locations user are extraordinary, cast of the film did natural performances,bgm was good and kept us involved throughout the film,finally a good thriller with a decent story.
Crap...
siva-2988 November 2020
As a storyline it seems good. But Acting, direction and Screenplay are pathetic. Predictable and uninteresting. Skip this one and do yourself a favor.
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't fall for 10/10 ratings here
formarketstuff8 November 2020
Making a bakwaas movie and giving good rating by our friends not make movie great. It's worst movie with worst performances. Just do one thing don't waste 1:30 hrs your time.
12 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
good twists
sravanigalebhe10 November 2020
My family enjoyed this thriller movie! and so far this was the good movie that we have watched!
Awesome story with twists
baditya9 November 2020
Movie starts.dark theme. May seem a bit slow in the start but once it progresses it's wow , twists and turns. Truly amazing. Must watch for thriller genre
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very good movie that keeps you engaged
krishnarygade9 November 2020
This movie has kept me engaged all along. The camera work is superb and actors were great. I definitely recommend this movie as a must watch. Director Kiran has done a wonderful job, camera placements were good they resulted in good scenes, drone footages, car chase sequel is highlight top quality. Kiran and team will do great movies in future. Best wishes.
Disgusting
nodvinod6 November 2020
I watched this film after coming across a few very positive reviews and god! I'm never reading film reviews in newspapers, especially from 'the Hindu'.

It's a very predictable film. When I say predictable, I mean PREDICTABLE- so much so that it actually annoys you. The acting is stupefying, never seen a film that has worse acting.

It calls itself a thriller, haha that's funny. This film will now come to mind every time I come across the word 'thriller' -and I'm sure I'll shudder in terror. Ugh I'm scarred for life.

Recalling the film is a torture, I go through this anyway to prevent further agony for all you innocent people who have no clue how excruciating this junk is. Oh brothers and sisters, I hope you take my suggestion, if you don't, I pity you. :p
7 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good up to an extent
sreedevimuthulur6 November 2020
The movies is good. U can watch movie for the twists. The back ground music is awesome. Go for a try. You might lov e it.
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice Attempt
patrunisatish7 November 2020
The actors we fresh and did a decent job!

Background score and the direction standout when executing a pretty decent thriller story.

One of the actors who was a natural was Aditi's father! His action was so natural given that I did not see him in any earlier movies.

Now that you have read this review - 'Baaga tired ayinattu vunnaru, velli rest theesukondi, repu maatlaadukundam!"

:) :)
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent and we'll executed movie
manidhardasika6 November 2020
It's a well written script with decent execution .. nice thriller
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Quite decent
Abdulxoxo13 January 2021
Woah firstly I don't agree with the overly positives reviews here and I can't say the negatives reviews are right either. This movie is quite decent. The story may not be the greatest but the execution is good. I like the film's first half, as there's a lot suspense and tension. The cabin scenes will keep you at the edge of your seat but with lots of questions going through your head like "How did she get here", "why do they do that?" Even though there's no character development in the first half, who to root for is pretty clear. But when the flashbacks start and we get to see how the whole thing happen, I started to lose interest. They even go as far as saying the best parts of the film are staged, and that's where I lose complete interest. But I like how the film plays with the viewer's emotions/mind, as the movie progress and everything unravels, you're left feeling kinda daft as everything you've seen is not as it appears to be. The dialogue is neat and fairly grounded. But the characters' decision-making is quite awful, there are lots of places where if they avoid certain things or do certain things, then things would have been easy for them. Another issue is i think this movie is longer than it should have been.

The performances are decent. The cinematography is good with breathtaking camera angles but I don't like the look of the film, it's all smudgy and blurry, it's kind of a turn off. The score contributes a lot as it complements the scenes nicely.

Overall, it's not a perfect movie but it's still a decent thriller flick that thrills!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste your time!
poornasaie12 December 2020
Not worth watching this movie. Better save 2 hr of your time.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.