Horimiya (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(I) (2021– )

Love at first sight
CynicalShin_10 January 2021
This could very well be my favorite anime. I enjoyed the manga a lot but the anime adaptation is phenomenal as well. The animation is gorgeous, the art style leaves me speechless. Honestly props to the studio
28 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kawaii
dhananjaygoyal30 January 2021
I don't know why, but this show brings smile to my face. Just a really fun anime and the animation is also good.
18 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
High hopes
Harshmewada4510 January 2021
This anime has potential to be among the best romantic slice of life anime, we have to wait until the end of this season.
20 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BEST SHOW EVER OMGE SGWISUAHSA
nadvsart30 January 2021
Every time a new episode comes out, while watching i cant belive how good it is. I go crazy watching and i feel like my heart is gonna explode everything is so damn cute. If u love romance and cute wholesome stuff this is for u
13 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Definitely too early to be reviewed...
evanishei10 January 2021
But, so far it's just as good as the manga, so if things continue, we're in for a treat
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
wHoLeSoMe! kAwAiI!
harsalconix7 February 2021
Imo this is probably the best rom com out there currently and this is totally a perfect 10/10 anime... the best part about it is how it respects the phrase 'rom com' meaning i like how it is satisfyingly 50% romance and 50% comedy it has. Also how freaking cute and wholesome this anime is! There isn't any cringey drama, unnecessary love triangles, crappy fanservice, etc. just pure wholesomeness. The episodes just make me curious what happens next and force me into reading the manga
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So lovely
mousaammar26 January 2021
I always loved the manga and now I'm in love with the anime
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fantastic RomCom
shahsebkhsn27 January 2021
It is a really matured anime Romance and comedy is really good Things don't take ages to happen It's a nice anime People of any genre would like this one Plz give it a try you won't be disappointed
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
After promising start it gets more and more downhill
yuhatashinatose28 March 2021
After a promising start, the plot becomes a complete mess. Numerous subplots and characters are introduced, often only to be dropped completely or barely mentioned again after only half an episode. In addition, the characters behave increasingly stupid, so that it hurts to watch. Further the dialogues are getting more and more unnatural and weird. In the end I was just happy that it was finally over.
10 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Become boring
parmod-938844 April 2021
I watched 5 episodes but can't see anything interesting more to continue now.

There is nothing too special in this just another anime where a loner gets a girlfriend from nowhere even through they have quite opposite natures. I don't understand how it enter top 5 most rated romance animes.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Overrated and Overhyped
jaysshukla7 March 2021
I have watched 9 episodes so far and I have no patience to wait or go through 3 more. I am dropping it now.

The plot or the story isn't much to discussed about. Sure that the characters' struggles are depicted brilliantly but that's all to it. It ends up being a typical Highschool drama. There are no surprise elements, no twists or turns etc. Surprisingly there are many characters in this series and almost none of them has anything special to offer. Then there are those scenes which are supposedly funny, but don't appear funny at all and those supposedly 'emotional' scenes which only bore me to death.

I don't get it how it ended up being one of the most loved anime of the season. Even I tend to ship characters but for that I also yearn for some intense scenes to create an impact.
11 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best RomCom ever
vinayad-6398525 February 2021
I have seen plenty of romcom animes but this one is so good. It doesn't have any fancy or unique story but showhow it feels great. I felt like i was floating in air while watching this.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horimiya
sarojkumarisingh3 February 2021
This anime is so good because introduce person and there other side in only two episodes with beautiful full way that other some anime didn't do this so anime take eight,nine episode for do that
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfect Characters :)
raufmostafazade20 April 2021
After I finished the Anime Series, For the first time in my life I decided to read the Manga. The Characters and their interactions was so good, but Anime left me with lots of questions. After reading the manga, I fell in love with this story. This is one of the shows that makes you think how incredible would it be if you could have been in it's world. I am not giving it a 10 because I honestly didn't want the story to end like that. I just want to see Hori and Miyamura continue their lives, and how their relationship will evolve after school...

Just watch this, you will be able to experience emotions that maybe you could not have experienced otherwise!
Cute and wholesome.
gradytarleton5 April 2021
This is one of the most genuine depictions of teen romance ever. Excellent anime with excellent characters. My only complaint is that the dub could've been better.
Completed all 13 in one day
kularyashvi4 April 2021
Just one word to describe this heart captured anime 'Simply Fantastic'. With every episode I watched I felt thrill and curiosity to know what happens next to make me laugh so hard. Honestly, everyone in my house were so annoyed because of my loud laughing while watching this anime. It made me to watch the same episode again and again.
Beautiful and Empty
mcrpghk4 April 2021
Horimiya begins with a common premise and somewhat cliché, but with the differential of its spectacular and captivating art, in addition to the direction that makes miracle for the anime walk, but that's just it.

In the first episode there is already a sense of haste with so many events that usually take half a dozen episodes to occur, the first impression this is good, until we notice that this is due to the number of episodes that the work has compared to the number of manga that have been published.

One of the big problems that the anime has is the lack of development of the characters, from the main two to the supporting cast, everything is vague and played, characters come and go all the time just to make a scene or another, actions that are taken have no immediate or future impact, besides the feeling of the passage of time being terrible , gives the impression that if the anime ended in half it would still be the same thing as finishing it in twelve episodes.

The direction of art and sound try to support us so that we empathize with the characters but it is not enough, you know when the work passes that impression of "forced sentimentality?" That's what I feel when Watching Horimiya, it got to a point where we didn't even have script, just squeets that didn't take the story anywhere.

For those who do not care about development, well structured script and with the consequence action effect and just want to see cute characters have random scenes on screen, this is your anime.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
23 minutes full of quirky romance and laughter
randomid-9913929 May 2021
I love love loved the show. A light hearted show minus any serious drama. And beautifully made (including the kawaii characters). A story that will not disappoint anyone. Also, you'll fall for Toru too! Just wait and watch.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A really enjoyable rom-com anime
WeAreLive16 May 2021
Kyoko Hori a very beautiful and attractive teen girl meets this boy called Izumi who seems like a punk at first but they develop feelings for each other as the anime goes along.

I enjoyed this anime overall it was funny yet cute at sametime and even emotional.

Not really much to say here other then, check it out it's really fun to watch.
Beautiful Story
kayoung-4261430 April 2021
This series is unexpectedly beautiful.

It really accurately captures young love and the bittersweet transition from high school to adult-hood. It has just the right balance of light hearted and mature moments.

I loved seeing the awkward love moments, the humour and the development of intimacy. Miyamura has a quirky coolness and there is a heart-wrenching underlying story about him coming to accept himself.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great romance and love at first sight
bmayank-9849128 April 2021
I like series which having comedy and love 😘 also have friends group how there make friendship

And there love story also make laugh 😂 sometime worried 😟

Also l like hori and miyahu also character is The boy who have not friend but

Pls the watch series.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nothing happens but I cant stop watching
ketozoic19 April 2021
This is so well made that despite the fact that nothing exciting happens I cant get enough of it. One of my favourite anime series.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Romance anime for now.
Efe_lv15 April 2021
I'm not into romance animes but this one is really good. My best romance anime was Your Lie in April but now Horimiya is the 1st place for me.

I like the main character a lot. His moves, his character, his look, I like all of them. The characters are interesting, all of them have their personalty and idea. The relationship between them is so good. Their friendship, love interests, I like them. I really liked the way the story is handled. As far as I have watched, there is no such progress in romantic animes, but this anime gives me exactly the way I want it.

The animation is good. Opening and ending songs are catchy. If you looking for a good romantic anime you should watch this.

Thanks for reading.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I LOVE THIS - Top romance anime.
rily-lea10 April 2021
This is definitely one of the best romance anime's.

First of all the story telling style and how they focus on the different relationships is amazing. It's one of those amines you watch with a smile. It has such a good vibe, and all of the characters are likeable and relatable to an extent.

I love love! And this series did the romance genre wonders. I would hope for a season 2 but...

Just as a warning if you watch the first episode you'll most likely finish the whole series in one sitting!
An excellent anime adaptation
harrizonfjord10 April 2021
I started reading Horimiya when i was caught up with all the other manga i was reading on comixology. I think the first two volumes were free, and i'll read at least a volume of every free manga they suggest to me. I'm currently on the manga. I loved it. It's a sweet slice of life story about a boy and a girl falling in love and all of the issues and insecurities that follow. The anime adaptation nails the feelings i had while reading it the first time. I think both the original Japanese voice actors and the English dub voice actors are fantastic.