Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 29 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense mixed martial arts fighting, some language and thematic material|
Sex & Nudity
- Men fight in a ring with out shirts and in small shorts. Not meant to be sexual.
- Ring girls are briefly scene a few times and wear small outfits.
Violence & Gore
- in the Beginning of the movie there is no wrestling and wrestling does not start until around an hour into the movie
- fights end before they get to violent
- mild for a MMA movie
- fights end before it gets intense
- fighting does not start until around an hour and a half in the movie
- The movie is about martial arts fights but most of the fights are over quick and mild no gore is ever shown
- The Lord's name is taken in vain several times, including 'Jesus' and 'Oh my God'.
- Insulting and hurtful words are exchanged by estranged relatives.
- 'B*stard' is said at least five times.
- 'Sh*t' is said several times, including some uses of 'bullsh*t'.
- '*ss' is said a few times.
- 'H*ll' is said a few times.
- 'F*ck' is said once and mouthed once, both in non-sexual manners.
- 'D*mn' is said at least once.
- 'Godd*mn' is said at least once.
- Less offensive words including 'idiot' and 'crap' are said.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- An older man who is an alcoholic falls off the wagon and is shown drunk, disoriented, and nearly incoherent. There are empty bottles strewn around a hotel room to show just how much he's had to drink.
- A character is known to be a pill-popper and is made to relinquish his prescription bottles in a somewhat humorous manner.
- One man offers another a bottle of alcohol, but is declined.
- A man drinks liquor from a bottle in front of a recovering alcoholic.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- All of the MMA fight scenes are extremely brutal, especially the final fight.
- The movie has an overall dark and emotional tone.
- The themes of bitterness and resentment towards family members are upsetting.
- Most of the scenes with Nick Nolte's character are quite sad especially the scene where he relapses.
- The final fight is physically and emotionally intense.
Violence & Gore
- During a fight, a man screams in pain as another man twists and pills his arm out of its socket.