Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 6 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense mixed martial arts fighting, some language and thematic material|
Sex & Nudity
- "Round girls"..
- Other than the scantily clad round girls, there is no nudity - male or female.
Violence & Gore
- The entire movie centers around mixed martial arts (MMA) fights; some are quick (an instant knock-out), while others are brutal and drawn out. Characters get seriously hurt (a few look like they're nearly unconscious during/after a fight), and in a couple of cases, fighters have bones broken. There's not much blood, and no one is killed, but the competitors sport a variety of bruises and are shown limping or dragging their wounded limbs. The fighting style involves arms and legs, so there's a lot of intense punching, kicking, headlocks, body slamming, and more. Commentators narrate the action and often talk about how so-and-so looks like he's "getting killed," "not moving," etc.
- Language includes "s--t," "bulls--t," "ass," "hell," "idiot," one use of "f*** (Get the f*** outta here-Tommy to Paddy) and a mouthed F word (F***) "crap," "damn," "goddamned," "oh my God," etc. Insulting and hurtful words are exchanged by estranged relatives.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- An older man who is an alcoholic falls off the wagon and is shown drunk, disoriented, and nearly incoherent. There are empty bottles strewn around a hotel room to show just how much he's had to drink. A character is known to be a pill-popper and is made to relinquish his prescription bottles in a somewhat humorous manner.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- All of the MMA fight scenes are extremely brutal, especially the final fight between Brendan and Tommy