Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
- Leonardo's face was based on Tom Hanks and Russell Crowe
- Raphael's face was based on Russell Crowe and Clint Eastwood (a scene where Raphael sticks his sai into his belt like a gunslinger is a homage to Eastwood)
- Donatello's face was based on Leonard Nimoy
- Michelangelo's face was based on comedian Bill Murray
- and Splinter's face was based on Japanese actor Toshirô Mifune, who had played various samurai in his career (Splinter even has a chonmage haircut like Mifune usually wore in his samurai role).
Later on, in the scene where Verne is waiting for April O'Neil by his truck, if you have a good ear, you can hear him actually whistling "Careless Whisper".
- he is smaller compared to his Turtle stepsons, as in the original Mirage "TMNT" comics
- he has a distinct nick on his ear, as in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) where he had his ear sliced
- his whiskers form a mustache and his incisors are prominently featured, as in the IDW "TMNT" comics
- and he has bandage wraps on his arms, as in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012).
- the Turtles have no snouts
- the Turtles all bear bandage wraps on their shells, arms and legs
- Leonardo and Michelangelo have blue eyes and Raphael has green eyes
- Michelangelo is the shorter of the Turtles
- Donatello is distinctly leaner than his brothers
- and Raphael is the most muscular and scarred, having a cracked shell.
- April discovers the Turtles after they save her from a Foot attack
- The Shredder has an Asian lieutenant (Tatsu, Karai)
- Splinter catches his sons sneaking in after a night out (in the first film it was only Raphael)
- Leonardo dices a pizza in mid-air and a slice drops onto Splinter's head
- Splinter recounts the Turtles' history to April
- the Foot Clan make a kidnapping
- Raphael has (arguably) the most screen time out of the four turtles, and appears to be the turtle most focused on
- April loses her job
- and the Turtles face the Shredder on a rooftop for their climactic duel (the Shredder uses a spear at one point, and intervention from a third party leads the Shredder to fall from the building).