TNA Impact! (Video Game 2008) Poster

(2008 Video Game)

Sorry Midway...try again next year.
DarksideOfTheMirrorImage21 September 2008
For a game that was to have been in development for so long...TNA Impact sure falls short of expectations by many players. Let's look at some of the flaws: 1. The story mode is mediocre at best. On other wrestling games you can customize your CAW's attributes throughout the game...Not in TNA Impact. Your wrestler is basically some generic character who's weaker than pretty much everyone throughout the entire game. Your option is basically do you want a jobber who wears pants or shorts? 2. The moveset is very, very limited. Right off the bat you're limited as to what you can have with a very crappy default moveset. You can earn new moves as you progress...but it takes a month of Sundays to get the better moves.

3. The roster. TNA has more than this. A lot of the roster consists of pre-made jobbers for you to beat before facing a few TNA guys. Where's the rest of the roster? Who wants to fight guys with names like Poppa Slapjacks when you could be facing the entire roster? Also...where's the Knockouts? They are becoming a pretty accepted part of the shows each week so why aren't they in this game? No excuse for this one Midway.

4. The lopsided A.I. All the TNA guys are like Superman hopped up on roids and pretty much kill you dead. I don't even want to get started on the tag team matches...

Overall...TNA Impact falls flat in just about every area that matters really. Some things are fun (Ultimate X) but that doesn't justify a $60.00 purchase. Maybe next year they'll get it right, but until then wrestling fans would be better off sticking with WWE's games.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Nothing more than a low blow of a game
Oliver Thatcher Watson26 November 2017
I'll admit that I've never really watched TNA so I was a bit skeptical seeing how this game would compare to the Smackdown Vs. Raw games of the same time. And, of course, this game is disappointingly mediocre. It's not necessity really bad, since the visuals are great for 2008 and the gameplay can get fun at times. But when it comes to any real big pros of this game, that's about it. As everything else is either passable at best, or just bad. The roster in this game is not only really small, but a lot of the wrestlers are still locked, so what you get when you first start this game is one of the smallest rosters of any wrestling game ever. The story mode is just okay, as the story just didn't grab me as much as other story modes as other wrestling games. But at the same time, I guess if it means more unlockables, it's at least has a little replay value, I guess. Also, the creation mode in this game is very basic and no where near on the level that WWE games were on during the same time this game was released. What I mean is that I think that this game should've at least tried to be better than the other wrestling games, as this game just doesn't feel like a good alternative to the other games from the same time, whatsoever. All in all, this game blows. I really wanted to like this game and be interested in TNA, since I haven't seen it yet at the time. But this game just doesn't deliver for the most part, and I don't know if I can recommend it to anyone as there are so many other alternatives to this game. While the great visuals and decent gameplay are definitely worth praising, this is nothing more than a low blow of a game.

Pros: Great visuals, decent gameplay

Cons: Basic Creation Suite, okay at best Story Mode, disappointingly small roster
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this