Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 19 items
|MPAA||Rated R for pervasive strong brutal violence and some language|
Sex & Nudity
- None at all.
Violence & Gore
- A severed, bloody arm is picked up and put into a box by a man near the end of the film.
- Almost non-stop strong brutal violence throughout. Second-most violent film in the series after Day of Reckoning.
- A man raids a compound near the end, and shoots and kills many attackers. Lots of violence and destruction occurs, and there are some explosions as well. He moves into the compound and shoots more men, and kills several with a knife (bloody).
- Some people are hurled into the air by explosions.
- Brutal fights in many of the action scenes. Most of them usually ends with a stabbing.
- A man attacks another man in a restaurant and beats him up.
- A man jumps out of a window after getting slashed and cornered, presumably killing him.
- A man painfully and slowly crushes a man's head and/or gouges his eyes, killing him. Bone-breaking/squishy sounds can be heard.
- The film's opening car chase sees many police officers gunned down and passers-by injured. Some cars crash into one another and another flips.
- A man is held against a wall and is stabbed to death. It's not super graphic. The camera pans to his feet and we see some blood drip.
- A man's wounds after getting shot are shown. He shows no pain nor feelings. His arm gets amputated and is replaced. It is shown offscreen but blood spurts are visible. He is later shown with a new arm.
- Little, there are four uses of the F word, and some other milder profanities. Nothing too bad.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- The soldiers usually get a dose of some substance before going out to battle. The substance is said to boost his energy and invincibility.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- In complete contrast to the previous movies, this new "Universal Soldier" is perhaps the darkest in tone, with its moody and brooding atmosphere throughout. This and the brutally violent nature of the film makes it not for the easily squeamish.
- Contains strong action violence, intense themes and infrequent moderate language.
Violence & Gore
- A man is impaled by a large hook. Blood is shown dripping to the ground.
- A man fights another man in an extended fight scene; the fight ends when both fall from a building; then one stabs the other's head with a broken pipe, promptly shoves a shotgun into said pipe and fires, graphically blowing the other's brains out. The resulting exit wound is briefly shown in good detail.
- A man fights a seemingly invincible man. The invincible man is impaled in the neck, but does not die from the injury. The man then attaches a large bomb to the invincible one, and after a fall from a great height, the bomb explodes, killing the invincible man.