Sab Rab De Bande (2020) Poster

Thank you for this really moving documentary from LGBT Sikh community in India
Pjosh-742131 August 2021
A small trigger warning- at times really challenging and emotional.

It's an amazing and moving documentary by some amazing and brave people in India - hats off to you all and a huge gratitude for sharing your journeys with us.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A courageous and inspirational short film about LGBTQ Sikh community in India
joshilondonuk3 August 2021
This film is unique. I think it is the first of its kind. A short documentary film that delves into the lives of the LGBTQ community in India. They talk about their lives, their faith and their struggle to simply be themselves. Through out it all the courage and strength of the people on camera really comes through. Hats off to director Sukhdeep for creating this beautiful and moving documentary. A must watch for anyone that would like to know more about what it is like to be Sikh and LGBTQ in a vast country, and ancient & deeply traditional society, like India.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I feel this documentary broke new ground
kubs_sandhu4 August 2021
The best thing about this film was the way it brought to our screen Sikh LGBTQ people, in a way I'd never seen before... The interviews were at times touching and heart wrenching but I believe films like this and more will make this already visible community, more so. Highly recommended viewing !
Ground-breaking & game-changing
laksmann5 August 2021
Short film documentary that breaks new ground - and brings the topic of LGBTQ+ Sikhs into the mainstream. Much needed, very poignant, and tackles a multitude of issues experienced by queer Sikhs and Punjabis in India. Director Sukhdeep cleverly weaves through many topics which are relatable to the Sikh and Punjabi diasporas, as well as global queer communities, who will be able to relate to the religious and cultural contexts. Ultimately, this is a film that shows the love and light of humanity through the lens of a diverse cast of true queeroes.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A must watch!
sarabjitbharj7 August 2021
A heartwarming documentary highlighting the struggles faced by Sikh LGBT+ people. It touches on a number of issues including the difficulties of accepting oneself, dealing with family and balancing faith. An honest, emotional and unashamed account of real people living real lives who deserve to be seen and heard. A great step forward in raising the profile of the Indian queer community. Highly recommended!
Insightful and rich depiction of queer Sikhs in India
alexsangha2 August 2021
I loved the documentary. Sukhdeep did an amazing job. The interview subjects were varied and interesting. Their stories were compelling. There is very limited content such as this and its important to have our lived experiences shared with the world. Thank you Sukhdeep for your courage and colourful documentary.

Alex Sangha Founder of Sher Vancouver Producer of Emergence: Out of the Shadows.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Definitely a long time coming
Dharam_singh7 August 2021
This movie does hit back at times with difficult and emotional testimonials from some really brave individuals.

There are so many themes here to watch and learn from - something so pertinent to many, first time ever in a language and tone that people understand.

From the anguish faced by Sikh LGBT people to how they overcame it.

Hats of to the creators behind this groundbreaking documentary.

I am glad that this is just the beginning.