In the wrap around story called "Devil Driver", a creepy truck driver tells a trilogy of terrifying tales to a sexy stranded hitchhiker that include "Dinner Date", "Lot Lizard" and "Mongo ...
See full summary »
In the wrap around story called "Devil Driver", a creepy truck driver tells a trilogy of terrifying tales to a sexy stranded hitchhiker that include "Dinner Date", "Lot Lizard" and "Mongo Chupa"! She has no idea what this ride has in store for her!Written by
B-Movie Horror fans rejoice! As for everyone else? Well. . . .
From the completely unrelated opening sequence, you can tell you're in for a bumpy ride hahaha. The cheesy soundtrack, somewhat lacking and jumpy camera angles, the poor lighting here and there, the awkward acting, this movie has all of everything you've either come to love or hate in what could only be described as near B-Movie horror.
* (Along the way you'll notice the *Boob Count* as it continues to grow. It goes up by 1 for every time boobs show up, and it just adds up as you continue to read. Have fun!) *
Anyway, the premise goes a little something like this: When a woman's van breaks down, a trucker just happens to drive by and offers to pick her up. Her destination just happens to be along the way to his destination, and so she happily and willingly places her trust in the truck driver. Along the way he throws three tales her way. *Boob Count: 1*
1. "Dinner Date" (weakest tale) - And with a sudden and rapid plummet, we delve into the first story. This tale sports some of the cheesiest music and acting that you've probably seen in a while. It goes a little something like this: A man and woman prepare for a dinner date in one of the world's most awkwardly strapped together montages to date unit it abruptly ends and the tale continues. What ensues is a rather lacking display of conversation skills as we begin to see a bit of the guys psychotic tendencies to slip out. As the date goes on, the woman finds herself in a rather horrible situation. I was actually a bit surprised at the quality of the special effects on this one, but it seriously just ends out of nowhere just as it was getting to the good stuff. Emotions, as dry as they are, are just randomly flying out of nowhere over and over again. *Boob Count: 3*
2. "Lot Lizard" (strongest tale) - And suddenly, a wild WTF soundtrack appears. This tale is about a trucker who pulls into a bar, without his truck oddly enough, in search of a lot lizard, or hooker, so he can get laid. A while after arriving and drinking, he comes across two women willing to fulfill his needs. But it seems he found more than he bargained for as things grow increasingly kinky. It actually has a rather enjoyable little twist towards the end, but thats easily overshadowed by one of the most gruesome and heinous acts imaginable. Rather dry dialogue, but it's definitely a big step up from the first tale in the gore department. Really just in every possible way that it can improve over the first one, it does. *Boob Count: 5*
3. "Mongo Chupa" - This tale stars two women discussing their sex lives until they end up in a make-out session which gets rudely interrupted by their brother and once again by a fourth stranger. Shortly after, they stumble upon a weird variation of a yoshi egg from Super Mario World. As everyone in the house begins to have sex and argue over incestuous affairs, the egg begins hatching, thus releasing the creature stirring within. That ending though! No words can begin to describe it. Not gonna lie, the creature looks terrible, but at least the special effects are decent. *Boob Count: 9*
4. Frame Story "Devil Trucker" - The frame story is steady and contains some of the better acting, which seems to improve as the movie unfolds. Towards the end of the journey, the trucker shows his true colors as the beautiful hitchhiker suspects her own involvement in his final tale, but there's a surprising series of twists! The entire time you see this final scene, you'll be wondering where the high beams are coming from.
Altogether, this film sports mediocre acting, filming, editing, lighting, lack of plot, and an annoying soundtrack that never stops playing throughout. But it somewhat makes up for these flaws with quick pacing that makes the stories feel shorter than they are in the best way possible and the special effects are actually pretty well done. I'll even go so far as to say that the camera angles and clarity are not actually all that bad. All in all, it provides the bear minimum(at best) of what horror fans love. However, it provides all of what B-Movie lovers enjoy.
* 9 total boob scenes give or take boob scenes that were extremely close together. *
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this