Star Wars: The Bad Batch (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

Promising start, then downhill
garry-anderton31 May 2021
Interesting start to this new series, but it's already slipping into tired, formulaic plots that we've seen many times before. The characters already feel stale and annoying. There is promise here, so hopefully they will take the show in interesting directions. However it's worrying that episodes are already starting to seem like filler.
44 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Outstanding.
flippydakillet4 May 2021
I'm a Star Wars nerd. I fangirl over The Clone Wars, and the final story arc of The Clone Wars is my favorite Star Wars property story. In the first 1 minute of this show, I screamed from delight at seeing the opening. 30 seconds after that, my heart sank lower than it's ever been. Only The Clone Wars could make me ecstatic then shook to my core with despair in such a short amount of time. This first episode is everything I've wanted from Dave Filoni and more- great worldbuilding, story, characterization, and entertainment. Dave Filoni's potential seems the most unleashed here, as he seems to have more creative control now that the show is on Disney+. I am beyond thrilled watching this, and have very high hopes for the rest of the show. Long live The Empire!!
134 out of 184 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No omega please...
kurdehhh21 May 2021
1 episode was a big banger, but unfortunately the show is too much of Omega and she's very annoying...

Please remove her or something.

Really hope the next episodes gets better.
46 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Dad Batch
mjsanchez-2918921 May 2021
The Dad Batch or basically Omeguhhh's show now.. Why do they always have to babysit a new character, always rinse and repeat in SW thought this would be a unique experience but back to babysitter's club..
39 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mediocre
JJay3715 May 2021
The first episode was absolutely outstanding, then episode 2 and 3 was absolutely boring, they might as well have not made them. It went from very exciting to absolutely boring. The story so far has just went down hill. The mandalorian every episode is absolutely epic. But this has failed to draw me in. I will give it a few more episodes before I end up giving up. It started on a high and is now sinking below average.
49 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fear is the path to the dark side and kids lead to suffering.
hafaball-122 May 2021
As I feared finishing up the 4th episode, Omega is just too annoying. The format has already grown stale, much like Mandalorian Season 2, as the episodes feel repetitive: Bad Batch crew needs to do something, they head to a planet, Omega does something dumb, they need to save her. I get she's a kid who's been locked away her whole life, which only makes it she wouldn't explore, maybe she'd be scared of all these new things? But instead they made her this moronic "Gee whiz, what's over there?" trope, that knows the Empire is after them, knows she's in constant danger, but doesn't care I guess? If she got in trouble not by her own doing, I'd be fine, but they really made her as annoying as possible to the point of putting all the lives of the Bad Batch in constant danger, that she's such a liability it makes no sense they'd keep her. At least baby Yoda was a literal baby where Mando had some kind of goal of delivery. Hopefully things change VERY quickly in these next 12 episodes.
37 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Omega Disappointed
haramsin15 May 2021
This is the most bland and overdone storyline ever.

Having powerful characters protect a child isn't a very original Star Wars story, amazing the writers thought that was a unique angle.

Only 3 episodes in so it could turn around but not off to a great start. I hope that Dave Filoni has a good reason for repeating these same tropes repeatedly.
36 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dave did it again
ericplatteel4 May 2021
The bad batch returns to the characters first seen in clone wars season 7. This first episode is an amazing buildup to what I believe an even better rest of the season. It is packed with some nice action, big suprises and gasping for air moments. I am very interested to see where it is going. Definitely worth the watch.
62 out of 91 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Clone Wars is BACK
sko_op4 May 2021
I know some are coming into this show relatively hesitant after the bad batch arc in season 7, but this first episode will make everyone more than optimistic. This show will explore so much of the rise of the empire, something that is relatively new on screen. With 15 more episodes, there is bound to be great character development with each of the members- this first episode already started off strongly. As always, god bless Filoni.
72 out of 107 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
OMEGA ruins this show...
wassel19719 May 2021
Loved the Clone Wars. Enjoyed Rebels. Was so looking forward to this show and the further adventures of the Bad Batch. But within the first episode it became evident that this show is for CHILDREN. The Omega girl character is beyond annoying and absolutely ruins this show. This entire season is going to be Bad Batch: Adventures in Babysitting. At one point Omega and some children are outside playing and giggling and the soundtrack music at this point sounds like it was ripped straight from an episode of Barney! I looked at my son who was as annoyed as I was and said "Can you imagine them EVER playing music like this during any Clone Wars episode?" During episode 2 the Bad Batch tries to give Omega to a family because the family has other children and it will be a proper environment for Omega to be raised in. I was like "THANK GOD! Now we can get on with the show!" But Omega ditches the family and rejoins the Bad Batch and they welcome her with open arms. Terrible decision adding her to this show. Get woke, go broke.
55 out of 80 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Could be more but they had to force it
gy-att9 May 2021
I wish I vould give more, but this Omega character is close to unbearable. Not just the character feels out of context and uneccessary, but also the voice actor is terrible. The Bad Batch guys are awesome and they have a great potential, but only without Omega.
47 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Quality is decreasing each episode
lordsofblox31 May 2021
Episode 1 was outstanding and downright brilliant, it was the peak of interest and I thought there would be more brilliant episodes along this trend. Episode 2 was good, not too bad but a bit shallow, Episodes 3 - 5 is meh to crap, after episode 3, my interest for this show is reduced and I am starting to doubt whether the quality of this show will be back up again. The show is too focused on annoying omega that's the Bad Batch characters just become too bland. I feel like this show is trying to introduce another Mary Sue with all the special abilities and no flaws whatsoever.

I will continue watching to hope if the episodes improve over time, I hate to be the guy who believes the episodes are gonna become worse and worse.
16 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So far not really good
MyRegardsToTheDodo14 May 2021
Add an annoying child character (that's probably one of the things they shouldn't have copied from Episode 1), a bunch of been there, seen that episodes, that feel like repeats (and not good ones) and a lot of plot holes in the first three episodes alone and you have The Bad Batch. The main characters taken from The Clone Wars are pretty good (and the only reason for me to keep on watching), but the new character(s) are useless at best and annoying and out of place (Omega) at worst. You can cleary see Disney's agenda to add a character younger viewers can identify with, which simply doesn't fit into this more grim and dark setting.

The entire show feels extremely rushed, not only because of the bad storylines, but also because of the bad CGI. It's not as bad as the first seasons of Clone Wars, but also by far not as good as the last season of that show.
29 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Omega Omega Omega
dominic-3098911 May 2021
It is simple she is out of place annoying and unbearable.
28 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One too many characters
jamestappleton5 June 2021
Would be WAY better without the little girl.

Also! How does she have an NZ accent when she grew up with the cloners?
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
huge SW fan, but I just can't
tmjmzrv9 May 2021
I like the art and surely great for a younger audience. But not a huge fan of the concept, the extremely flat dialogues, silly jokes, and voice overs.

I can't wait for autumn/winter when we get to watch the next actual series of the franchise. I am going skip this one, unfortunately.
30 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Filoni at his best.
Cliffykus4 May 2021
Great start! Dave Filoni can do no wrong. As he is one of three that is the future for Star Wars. Jon Favreau and George Lucas being the other ones. I'm excited for what await us in the coming weeks.
43 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'm on board, for now.
FestusNord22 May 2021
I'm reserving judgment until season 1 plays out. There are some intriguing storylines brewing, the animation/sound design/music are top notch and Dee Bradley Baker really gives a tour de force performance. The show isn't possible without his talent.

I'm still very skeptical of Mousehouse Star Wars though. I have a sinking feeling that this show is primarily a way to shade in backstories of other characters and try to explain away dumb stuff that didn't fly in the sequel trilogy. I hope I'm wrong about that.
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not bad, but then it tapers off
digitalbeachbum25 May 2021
This is a good addition to the Star Wars Universe. It's animated, the voice acting is good, but some of the character development is annoying.

The series started off strong, but the last few episodes have disappointed me. I don't think it collapses completely, but the episodes are poorly written, predictable and lacking continuity. I abhor Deus ex machina and the writers are using it when ever they need it.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Filoni has brought balance to the Star Wars fandom once again.
JTReviewsPlus4 May 2021
Star Wars The Clone Wars is easily one of the best animated series of all time thanks to its stellar cast, animation, and writers. Bad Batch is no different. Dave Filoni, all the voice actors, and LucasArts deliver another amazing story about the events after TCW and Order 66. Dee Bradley Baker shines as the Bad Batch among every other clone they encounter. It's truly remarkable how he can express so many different emotions and personalities for the clones. Without his voice acting range the show can easily fall flat but no clone feels like the same person thanks to his performances. The visuals and action are taken up a notch thanks to Disney Plus's improved budget (I can only presume) and advancements in animation since the original series's debut. Not only do we get tie-ins with characters and plot points from the films but we are also treated to interesting storylines that we didn't even know we needed. The hour long pilot truly help it feel like an epic tale set in the Star Wars universe. Much of what happened between Episode 3 and 4 were left to Legends but now we get a phenomenal animated representation of some of the events that had taken place. Dave Filoni's apprenticeship under George Lucas is clearly shown through the story, you get that classic Star Wars vibe that is absent from Sequel Trilogy. If you are a Star Wars fan then don't miss out on Bad Batch!
47 out of 80 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kids only
Movie-Inspector9 May 2021
The Force is not strong in this one but the hired guns - almost every excellent review is "written" by a new account. The Bad Batch is good enough to feed the kids and sell some merch. Boring, and on top the animations are rather mediocre. Well, as the fan base praises The Mandalorian (technical okay, but the "plot" and the characters are a joke), the show may still get some seasons.
26 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I don't care about Omega. At all.
FestusNord4 June 2021
The premiere episode was was awesome. As soon as Omega was introduced, things started to suck. The show's title is "The Bad Batch" not "Omega Screws Up"; I don't care about Omega. Now the Martez sisters are back. Oh joy. I can't wait for Porkins, Wilrow Hood and Pruneface to show up. C'mon man.
10 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
In Filoni, we trust.
dahmaidan4 May 2021
Great first episode! I love the direction they're going in terms of plot. Always cool to see things that we've never experienced on-screen before.
33 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just bad
nptfootball8 June 2021
Ep. 1 is fantastic. But everything since just feels like filler. Each plot is omega runs off and finds trouble now the bad batch has to save her. The baby sitter show was mandalorian and even that got old quick. Not to mention the characters they bring into the bad batch are just awful. No one wanted the sisters back from those god awful clone wars episodes. Each new episode drills my excitement for this series down with each passing minute and leaves little hope for a change in direction later on. I hope I'm proven wrong but if Ep. 7 keeps this pace I dont think many people will hang on.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excited for Star Wars again!
clinton-415314 May 2021
Like the Mandolorian, This show gives me Hope for the future of Star Wars! Such good writing in this first episode and I have faith that Filoni will keep this rolling through the episodes. Lucusfilm is so lucky to have Filoni and Favreau producing such quality content!
33 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.