X-Men: First Class (2011)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 50 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of action and violence, some sexual content including brief partial nudity and language|
Sex & Nudity
- 2 Scenes that take place in a night club but nothing sensitive in seen
- A female character is often scantily clad.
- A few parts in the movie where women wear bras and underwear. Some scenes last a good few minutes. No full nudity but more scantily clad women than was expected.
- A man cups a female mannequin's breast.
- One scene includes a woman sitting on a man's lap, giggling as they kiss.
Violence & Gore
- Magneto slices a quarter through a man's head. The wound is not shown,but blood is shown on the quarter. This scene lasts about 15-20 seconds.
- A main character stabs a man twice in the hand with a knife (no blood) and then stabs another man with it in the stomach (no blood) and then shoots two men (still no blood).
- Many people are shot.
- A mutant who can generate tornadoes throws several agents around, killing them, and throwing them across the room.
- A mutant leader who can control and manipulate energy kills several agents by reflecting their ordnance in the form of a massive explosion by a stomp on the ground.
- One demonic character disappears and appears slicing other men's flesh. No blood is seen but the sound of ripping tissue is heard.
- A mutant kills many people by dropping them from high up. Many people are killed this way. He also kills many people with a sword/blade, but no blood is seen. Also kills many using a barbed tail - no gore, but rather violent.
- A character is almost drowned.
- One man's tooth filling is tortuously pulled out - no gore, but intense.
- A character is angrily held by the throat by another character.
- A character literally causes another to disintegrate - not graphic, but violent and frightening.
- A character violently kicks another in the chest, causing them to almost drown.
- A character enthusiastically hits another continuously with a chair.
- Two characters grab hold and bundle another down to the ground.
- A character attempts to kill another with a pistol multiple times.
- A character is pinned/crushed to a wall.
- A character is mercilessly thrown around a small room, causing mirrors to shatter.
- A character is impaled with sharp claws.
- A battle in the air takes place with many characters, involving various incidences of mild violence.
- A character attempts to angrily choke another - no gore, but violent and intense.
- A character is shot - extremely emotionally intense, no blood or gore, but very moving. More details in the spoiler section below:
- A man says to another character "go fuck yourself"
- 1 use of "asshole" in English subtitles
- Use of G** d***
- 2 uses of "G** D***", 3 "Jesus", 1 "oh my God"
- One use of the "f-word", 1 use of a--hole, 1 use of bastard (in English subtitles), 1 use of ass,
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man asks a woman if she was smoking "those funny cigarettes."
- A man makes vague references to his drink being drugged when he believes he is hallucinating.
- A discussion about German beer.
- Throughout, men and women drink cocktails, beer and champagne.
- Two men are shown smoking cigars on two different occasions.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- With many moments of emotional levity & humor intact, yet has some strong essence of mature elements and themes of darkness over light, as well some dramatically heavy scenes.
- A man transforms into a mutant with blue hair all over his body (could be frightening).
- The violence can be quite intense and sometimes pretty brutal.
- The Ending fights are brutal and intense.
- The various powers and abilities of the different mutants in the film can be frightening, especially the bad ones.
- A man screams continuously, very loudly and in great distress, in alternating shots between another scene (i.e. it cuts back and forth). This is quite disturbing / shocking and adds to the intensity of this scene.
- Graphic and very intense/frightening climax at the end of the film: details in the spoiler below:
Violence & Gore
- The beginning of the film is set in a concentration camp during the Holocaust. In one of the scenes, a woman gets shot with much warning in front of her son and two soldiers get their heads crushed by their helmets. Absolutely no blood or gore is seen, but it is an intense scene lasting about half a minute. It can still be seen as very upsetting in nature.
- A character manipulates chains to destroy a yacht and attempts to kill others.
- A character is mercilessly strangled by a bed-frame - not graphic, but violent to a degree.
- A character slowly kills another by forcing a coin through his head.. Blood is shown - VERY intense and quite graphic.
- Despite the X-Men having neutralized the Hellfire Club's submarine and prevented an international incident that could have started a world war, both US and Soviet naval forces fire salvos of artillery at the mutants to kill them. Magneto catches all the ordinance with his magnetic power and is directing it back at the attackers to attack them instead, over the protests of Charles Xavier. To stop the attack, Agent McTaggart is forced to shoot at Magneto, who defends himself by redirecting the bullets, which leads to Charles being struck in the spinal chord, rendering him paraplegic.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- In probably the most disturbing scene in the film, a man shoots a young boy's mother in front of him, point blank.
- Erik/Magneto kills Shaw by slowly injecting a coin through his scalp; Most Graphic part of the film, quite bloody. His dead corpse can be seen hanging in mid-air (by Magneto) and dropping onto the ground.