Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 40 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for language|
Sex & Nudity
- Random kissing scene between a couple. A man touches the women's fully clothed butt.
- A couple make out passionately, they start undressing, and walk into a room, sex implied.
- A symbiote takes over a woman, and you can see her "form". It isn't really naked, but the outline of a naked body is made. She (Anne) then kisses the man (Eddie) (Yes, tongue is shown). However, human form of both Anne & Eddie are fully clothed (No nudity).
Violence & Gore
- Venom bites two people's heads off. (One off screen and 2 onscreen) One scene is very unexpected and gory. We see the man's eyes and tongue fly in the air after the bite. In the second scene, some blood is shown but the body is thrashed around onto a tree.
- 2 men are impaled. No blood.
- A character is burned to death in vivid detail and screams in agony as the flames engulf him and wipe him from existence.
- A man is cut in half by the antagonist of the film. This is shown from a distance and there is no blood. Blink and you'll miss it.
- Venom is attacked by a SWAT Team. He is shot at by heavy fire and eats a smoke bomb that is thrown at him. He throws a Sniper off of a balcony and uses a fallen Swat officer as a club, viciously beating other attacking officers.
- A man headbutts another man in the face. You briefly see a bloody nose.
- You see a half dead man with several broken bones. (A broken leg, finger, arm and foot.) But shortly after you see a symbiotic substance take over his body showing the bones falling back in to place as he stands up. (Graphic)
- Lots of violence on men, including below the belt, one count of a man being hit in the groin 1-2 times with a fist.
- Contains one use of "dick" and "fuck", 22 uses of "shit", including 3 uses of "bullshit", and 2 uses of "holy shit". One use of "pussy".
- Multiple religious expletives including 12 uses of "Hell" 7 uses of "Oh God" 6 uses of "Oh my God" 4 uses of "Jesus" 4 uses of "Goddamn" and 1 use of "Good Lord"
- The end credit song is by Eminem and contains words like "Cock" and "Hoe"
- The F-word is dropped once in the movie, very briefly. This is one of the few Marvel movies that have the f-bomb in it and remain PG-13.
- There is one use of "turd" at the end of the film.
- One use of f* toward the end.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- We see cigarettes, and the main character having a few drinks, and at one point gets drunk.
- Anne asks Eddie if he's drunk. He's actually not.
- Throughout the movie Eddie is drinking bottles of alcohol. He is drunk in one scene.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Venom may be frightening for younger audiences
- A scene includes a homeless man getting infected and killed by a blue Symbiote; the Symbiote enters the inside of his body, then enters back through the man's stomach, said to be eating his insides, lastly, the Symbiote slides out the dead man's mouth. (This scene was shown in the trailers)
- When the symbiote takes over a body, the body starts "deforming", it happens a few times.
- Venom's parasitic symbiotic forms out of Eddie's stomach and speaks to him. His appearance is intimidating and may frighten younger viewers.
- Venom tries to eat a police officer, but this part is meant to be humorous when Eddie orders him not to. Venom is interrupted and puts him down.
- Venom may seem scary to younger viewers, because of its sharp teeth (fangs) and overall appearance.
- Rated PG-13 for: Adult Content, Adult Language, Violence. (Starz Advisory)
- Eddie's is friends with a homeless woman. The scenes with her are not dark or sad but it can be sad for young children
Violence & Gore
- A Symbiote-infected woman climbs out of a heated car crash; we see her bone sticking out of her knee cap until the Symbiote heals her leg. The same lady makes her way to a Malaysian market place, where she slices a man's throat (blood visible, graphic) and flings many sharp weapon-like objects from her body, hitting and slicing people all over the market place: brief and can be compared to the pencil scene in the Dark Knight, just less dark.
- She-Venom makes her debut in this film. In a very brief scene, she bites a man's head off and throws the decapitated body about. None of this is shown in extreme graphic detail.
- A simbiote enters a man's body. Unable to bond, it breaks the man's bones and spills out the man's mouth. Some people might find this scene disturbing.
- Just after Eddie is infected by the symbiote, he eats everything in his cupboards. It then cuts to him running to the toilet and vomiting. Some vomit is seen when he's running to the toilet.
- Eddie has a giant sword in his chest. There is a slash mark of blood, and he is about to die. Venom saves him
- Venom calls Eddie a p*ssy after he says he doesn't want to jump off a building. The people in the theater will most likely laugh at this scene, as Venom will save him if he did. (not as intense as it sounds) Eddie is told "For a smart guy, you really are a dumbass". Also played for laughs. In the final fight scene, Eddie says "F*ck it, let's save the world" The profanity is still PG-13-ish however.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The main Villain confronts Eddie near the end of the film; the villain's Symbiote comes out, roaring at Eddie.
- Venom's apparent death and sacrifice may be upsetting to some viewers.
- A Symbiote infected women suddenly jumps on a glass door. She screams and thrashes about. She pleads to let her out. When she is let out she screams and attacks Eddie.
- Venom eats a robber (offscreen) at the very end. This scene may scare younger viewers, due to cannibalism.
- Venoms voice is deep and menacing, although he does have a sense of humor, as he sometimes eats people for laughs. He is usually displayed as a hero in the movie, however he can be scary for young children, or even jumpy adults.
- The scenes are very graphic although hardly any blood