The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 34 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some violence and action|
Sex & Nudity
- Many kisses between characters.
- Many romantic scenes
- Males are seen shirtless.
Violence & Gore
- In a brief glimpse, we see three vampires standing before a man being restrained by two vampire guards: One of the vampires leans forward and places his hands on the man's face and twists his neck as the two guards pull off his arms, and as he is being dismembered, his body turns to stone, and rather than blood pouring from his body, he crumbles into dust.
- A female vampire hiding in the forest canopy drops down on top of a man, picks him up by the neck and holds him; the vampire is tackled by a giant wolf, she drops the man, and the wolf and four others chase the vampire (the man she was holding crumples to the ground and appears to be dead). In a brief glimpse, we see a vampire teen boy having his neck snapped, with his disembodied head turning to stone and crumbling into dust.
- A vampire rushes toward a teen girl, a vampire teen boy leaps in front of the girl to deflect the blow, the vampire flies across the room, gets up, charges toward the vampire teen boy pushing his arm against his throat and another vampire puts a vampire teen girl in a chokehold.
- A girl gets a paper cut on her finger (we see blood trickling down her finger), a drop of blood hits the floor, a vampire teen boy lunges toward her but is stopped by another vampire teen boy, who shoves him into a wall and accidentally knocks the girl against a glass vase and onto the floor; one vampire teen boy charges the other, knocking him on top of a piano which crushes and they continue to fight (we see the girl still on the ground with multiple cuts on her arm, which are bleeding profusely).
- A vampire and a vampire teen boy engage in a violent battle: the teen slams the man into a large marble table, crushing it, the man picks up the teen, holds him over his head, slams him into a set of marble stairs, crushing them, and the force of the blow appears to crack the marble-like flesh of the teen (a crack creeps across his cheek and then heals instantly).
- A vampire teen girl offers to show her powers and murmurs the word "Pain": an instant later a vampire teen boy lifts up onto his toes, his face contorts in obvious pain, his body tenses, and another male vampire shouts for the vampire teen girl to release him; she does and he falls to the ground, gasping.
- Two wolves attack each other: they tear at one another, growling and snarling as they tackle and tumble over one another.
- A vampire clutches a girl's face in his hands, saying that he will kill her quickly, he opens his mouth to expose his fangs, we hear a growl from the tree line, a massive wolf steps forward, followed by four other giant wolves: the wolf bares its teeth and growls, causing the vampire to run, only to be pounced on by a wolf, knocking him to the ground; the vampire stands back up, punches the wolf, it is thrown backward, the vampire sprints away, the wolves chase him, and we later learn (and see a brief flashback) that the wolves caught up with the vampire and killed him.
- We see a pack of giant wolves lunging onto a vampire and ripping him apart (no blood is seen).
- A vampire pulls pieces of glass from the wounded arm of a teen girl, places the chunks of glass in a bowl of blood-stained water and after stitching up the wounds, places a bloody gauze in the bowl and lights it on fire, destroying the blood.
- A flashback shows a large male vampire biting into the arm of a teen girl, blood pouring from her wrist, and the girl sees a large scar where the bite had been.
- We see a flash of what appears to be a dead body crumpled in front of a large wolf.
- A group of people are seen being led by a vampire, another vampire sees the group and says, "Save me one" (implying that the group of people are going to be killed) and moments later, blood-curdling screams are heard off-camera.
- A girl runs toward a group of teen boys, she shoves one of them, slaps him on the face, he pants angrily, and the other teenagers back away as the teen boy morphs into a massive, growling wolf; the girl turns and runs away.
- A girl stands at the edge of a cliff, dives into the ocean below, a massive wave knocks her under twice, she panics and flails, knocking her head against a large rock, and her unconscious body is seen floating to the bottom of the ocean; she is pulled out and brought back to life.
- Five wolves chase a female vampire, they track her to the edge of a cliff, and she leaps off.
- A girl races off on a motorcycle, as a teen boy cries out from the back seat urging her to slow down; she loses control, flips over the handlebars and slams into a large rock (we see her head bleeding).
- A girl listens to a radio broadcast detailing how three people have been found mauled and dead in the forest.
- A vampire tells a girl that anotgher vampire is going to attempt to kill himself, by putting himself into a compromising situation that would force a group of vampires to kill him as punishment.
- A girl tells a group of teens that she had overheard a man mention that a giant bear had killed five people.
- We see two boys and a girl watching a movie and hear the audio of someone screaming "Blow their head off!" and the cocking of guns and rapid gunfire; we do not see the violence, and one of the boys looks sick, stands up, says that he feels like he is going to throw up.
- 8 mild obscenities, 2 religious exclamations.
- Name-calling (homeboy, psycho, crazy, idiot, adrenaline junkie, loca, marshmallow, filthy bloodsuckers, dog, pack of mutts.)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man holds a beer while watching television with a teen girl.
- Two men have beers in front of them on a table when a teen girl walks into the room.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Several humans are seen being led into a room, where we know vampires are. It is implied that they are attacked and killed, as their screams can be heard.
- The werewolf fight is very intense and scary.
- The films involve mythological being such as vampires and werewolves. Some of the vampires survive from the blood of humans. While this is not explicitly shown on-screen, the premise may be disturbing to some.
- Some high-status vampires talk to other vampires and a human in a slightly threatening way. One of the vampires uses her power of mental torture on another. No blood is shown but the tortured character is clearly in pain. The high-status vampires are intimidating.
- Some scenes of dark and creepy forests.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The scene where Jane tortures Edward is quite intense and disturbing. He does not die, cause she is stopped.