Zero Contact (2022) Poster

(2022)

Zero stars
synnyzter30 May 2022
This movie was so awful I really have nothing to say. I am dumbfounded that Hopkins was in this and I can only assume he did this as a favor for someone. Probably the worst movie I've ever seen.

I cracked about to submit this at the "Does this contain spoilers" button... The script was so awful there's really no spoilers that could be given. There's basically no plot, no suspense, no surprises, no twists, just 90 minutes of nothingness. So no, it does not contain spoilers lol. For the love of god don't waste your time like I did. Find another movie.
25 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Zero Contact
Prismark102 June 2022
A movie made during the Covid pandemic by first time director Rick Dugdale. If he had not secured the services of two time Oscar winner Anthony Hopkins, I doubt I would have been watching it.

Hopkins plays mysterious megalomaniac Finley Hart. He has died but he left his final project unfinished. 'The Quantinuum Initiative.'

This project was a source of controversy which led to a family feud within his company and left him ousted.

Now a group of people have been summoned for a video chat where they need to enter a secret code.

Easier said than done as they are being killed off by an intruder. One person in the video chat is Hart's estranged son who is suddenly contacted by a familiar face.

Although the makers claim that the movie was shot in multiple countries. It was in effect shot on smartphones in living rooms or offices or someone's backyard. There is a glimpse of the Burj Khalifa from one participant's window.

This is a zoom movie with the action taking place on computer screens. The plot is silly as all manners of excuses are summoned up not to punch in the codes as the killer looms nearby.

Hopkins pops up here and there with some musings about life, even playing the piano at one point. He manages to deliver some charisma that the rest of the movie is lacking.
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The movie title reveals the problem
frank_kneepkens17 June 2022
A movie made with "Zero Contact" between the actors. The first (and hopefully last) Covid19-movie. This is not a movie, this is a replay of saved internet zoom sessions with so called actors which do their trick before their laptop camera (or something). It gets annoying within 10 minutes. One starts to ask "What am I viewing?" Then at some point I called it a day, waste of time to watch. An experiment gone bad (i'm referring to the movie, not the story which is basically near absent). To summarize: please skip this one, not worth any attention.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another worst film! Full of boring conversation, and annoying overuse scene! Avoid at all cost!
kwenchow11 July 2022
This film start with a man "Finley" talking about an experiment called "Humanity", and the news broadcasting about him scene! As turnout, this film is about a father "Finley" need to fake his death, in order to deceive his son "Sam"! Entire film full of boring conversation, and annoying overuse scene! Such as, overuse of the walking scene, overuse of the searching scene, overuse of the arguing scene, overuse of the calling names scene, overuse of the changing camera angle scene, overuse of the blackout scene, overuse of the glitch scene, overuse of the interview scene, overuse of the drinking scene, overuse of the video call scene, overuse of the video conferencing scene, and overuse of the acquiring target scene! Make the film unwatchable! At the end, Finley saying he want to talk with Sam! Still have a series of filming video footage alongside the end credit! That's it! Wasting time to watch!
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Confusing, messy and lacking coherence
bofid-2102723 June 2022
A strange film. Shame Mr Hopkins put hsi good name to this "film".

Save yourself the time and the mental taxation by trying to follow what is going on.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's coming from inside the house
nogodnomasters19 June 2022
Finley Hart (Anthony Hopkins) a tech guru passes away. He had started the Quantinuum Project which will allow people to teleport and other stuff. Five trusted people are needed to input codes or else. And there are those opposed to having them put in the codes. We watch most of the drama play out looking at folks on their computer.

Film was boring. Might appeal to some geek who loves low budget science fiction drama.

Guide: F-word. No sex or nudity.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Are u guys serious? Y'all, thee fans lol
yankoo157 June 2022
Do u silly humans just blindly go watch a movie? Now in 22?

And then they're like omg this was so awful, why? I saw this A list star and I thought...what did u thnk, huh? Are y'all 14 or something? :)) U should know better by now lol.
2 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Covidly different Read the opening titles
robert-1925730 May 2022
Well what to make of this? It was either very bad or exceptional as of today i consider it the latter. Tomorrow I may feel totally differently. I am drawn by how it was made using multiple actors (all excellent by the way) in multiple location around the globe so it is technically brilliantly. Done via zoom or Skype or other such things that are beyond me, it must have made directing it more than difficult, so hats off to Rick Dugdale. Clues to the plot define throughout by the sinister but "batty" genius Finley Hart, Anthony Hopkins, who then leaves it to the other members of the cast to elaborate and add to whatever is going on. All is revealed in the end I think?? So worth watching. I think.
3 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.