21 Jump Street (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 45 items
|MPAA||Rated R for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, drug material, teen drinking and some violence|
Sex & Nudity
- Lots of crude humor throughout the film.
- Two teenage girls are just wearing panties and bras at a party
- Crude and graphic sex references including a man repeatedly using the phrase 'suck my dick' and a scene where a man's penis is shot off and it is shown on the ground covered in blood as he attempts to pick it up with his teeth and bites into it.
- A man and woman are shown having sex during the end credits, though both are wearing clothes and no nudity is shown, but it is obvious what they're doing, and the woman makes a crude remark, This scene is mentioned again below.
- An officer straddles a man lying face down on the ground and dry humps him twice as a means to taunt him.
- A fully clothed woman bends over to flaunt her backside to a (perceived) teenage boy.
- Mans buttocks are seen for 3 seconds
- A man opens a door and interrupts three teens having sex. It's a 4 second glimpse, but all three are shown nude and sandwiched together from the side. You can see a woman's breast and buttocks.
- While a man stands through a limousine sunroof, a drunk teenage girl tries (but fails) to unzip his pants, implying intent to perform oral sex.
- A man's severed penis is shown briefly on the ground. He picks it up with his mouth to salvage it. (Though it involves a sex organ, this moment was not meant to be sexual.)
- A young man kisses an 18 year-old teenage girl.
- A police officer threateningly asks a drug dealer if he wants him to beat his penis off; the drug dealer misinterprets and another police officer clarifies what the first one meant was that he will punch the drug dealer "so many times in the genital area that your dick's just going to fall off."
Violence & Gore
- In the hotel room shootout the violence gets very severe featuring blood splatter and spurt.
- A man is shot in the neck and blood spurts out. People are also shot bloodily and a man is shot in slow-motion with blood spurts.
- While the violence in this film is sometimes strong and bloody, it never leaves the film's comedic tone.
- A bloody shootout in a hotel room involves a motorcycle gang, two teenagers, a teacher, and two police officers: everyone has a handgun, rifle, or automatic weapon and the room fills with loud gunfire when a drug deal goes bad, a bullet goes through one man's neck and into a wall and we see a lot of blood splattering, another man is shot twice in the chest and see blood streaming from the wounds as the two men fall on the floor next to one another and die; four other men are killed and we see some blood, a man threatens to shoot and kill an unconscious teen girl, a police officer receives a severe shoulder wound with a lot of blood while another bullet is stopped by his bulletproof vest, and a teen boy gets a bloody nose and lip from being hit in the face with a gun.
- Two police officers arrest a man and one shoots him in the groin (we see some blood splatter as the man falls to his knees); the man screams loudly, saying that his penis needs to be sewn back on. We see his penis on the ground with a blood puddle beneath it.
- Two chase scenes involve a middle-aged motorcycle gang, limousines, a large car, and a small car containing two undercover police officers that have commandeered cars from civilians (once by punching an elderly man unconscious); the men all have handguns and shoot continually at one another while two limos run off the road, one catches fire and explodes when a police officer throws a Molotov cocktail into it (we see a dead, completely charred corpse on the pavement), motorcycles fall over and slide under trucks, fuel tankers are shot, a tanker drive drives over the legs of a downed biker (we see a little blood), a biker shoots a bottle of whiskey out of a girl's hand as she stands up in the sunroof of a car, and as a final downed biker and his cycle slide under a chicken truck, the truck explodes into flames (feathers fly everywhere).
- Fistfights break out at a high school party resulting in broken vases, and a knife is found in the shoulder of one man; he apparently did not feel being stabbed, a teen boy pulls it out and a teen girl pours vodka over the wound (we see some blood on the knife as it is removed and a bloodied nose and lip on another teen boy).
- A man posing as a teen punches a teen boy hard in the face knocking him down.
- Two men run onto a high school stage during a play and get into a fight; one swings from a harness and cable and the other jumps onto him repeatedly, breaks the cable apparatus and disrupts the play.
- A man punches another man in the groin.
- Non-stop strong language throughout
- Irreverent jokes about sex, pedophilia and homosexuality.
- The entire movie is around a drug named literally "Holy Fucking Shit."
- 154 uses of "fuck" (5 are written on screen) (26 paired with "mother-" with 3 written). 100 uses of "shit" (7 uses of "bullshit"). 32 uses of "dick" (1 use of "dickhead"). 26 uses of "ass" (1 written on screen) (7 uses of "asshole" and 2 used as "jackass"). 12 uses of "damn" (10 uses of "God damn"). 12 uses of "bitch" (2 used as "sons of bitches"). 6 uses of "hell" (1 written on screen). 5 uses of "pussy". 2 uses of "titty". 1 use of "prick". 1 use of "cock". 1 use of "douche".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A meth lab is shown in the credits with bongs and weed scattered
- Some references to cocaine, marijuana, weed, and dope
- Lots and lots of drug and alcohol use
- The plot of the movie involves a high school based drug ring. The name of the drug they're investigating is called H.F.S which is a synthetic. There are many comic references to drugs throughout.
- Middle-aged bikers smoke marijuana in an urban area and a bag of cocaine is found inside and briefly shown in one of their motorcycles.
- A teen boy is shown in a home video after having taken a fictional drug and he becomes manic and hyperactive before becoming violent, throwing things around his room; we learn that he died from an overdose and catch a quick glimpse of a photo of his dead body.
- Two undercover police officers ingest a fictional drug and its effects are depicted vividly (hallucinations, mania, hyperactivity, giddiness).
- Two undercover police officers throw a party for underage teens with several kegs of beer and dozens of bottles of hard liquor as well as a pound of marijuana taken from the police evidence room (we also see a pound of cocaine briefly); we see about 50 teens drinking hard liquor and beer from bottles and kegs, and some teens smoking marijuana as they party and buying HFS
- The parents of an undercover police officer are shown smoking marijuana as they drive in their car.
- We see a teen girl at a school prom acting uncontrollably giggly after taking a fictional drug and she becomes erratic in behavior.
- An inebriated prostitute is seen in the back of a limo with an undercover police officer, and she is shown behaving drunkenly.
- In the ending credits montage, we see a line of cocaine being suctioned through a rolled up dollar bill.
- After swallowing drugs to maintain their cover at a school, two police officers run into a bathroom stall and try to gag themselves and each other to induce vomiting (it does not work).
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This movie can be pretty dark at times.
- There are a few instances of graphic violence at the climax of the film.
- This film contains scenes of people having fun, which may offend other people that don't have fun.
- Both police officers fight on stage in a school play after one overheard the other insulting him behind his back. In a later scene, he tells the other officer "I would have taken a bullet for you.", hinting at the fact that their friendship is over.
- The prom scene is intense.
- Unable to vomit a drug that two police officers ingested, they become manic and frenzied, they hallucinate that a coach turns into an ice cream cone and melts and they finally fall asleep.