More Things That Happened (Video 2007) Poster

reality/fantasy
jackspinozashaw25 February 2011
this is just brilliant to me. I love the parallels that Lynch made in his past three films of placing reality directly next to fantasy pointing at the truths in fantasy. He furthered these juxtapositions by placing scenes next to scenes with minimal logical correspondence in Inland Empire creating a narrative with a unique logic and form. Now we see deleted scenes of fantastic monologues, dialogues and images edited together to make a piece with fragile, psychological emotions at the forefront and demonstrative reason in the basement. It is hard to watch without linking it with what I know from Inland Empire but I did try to watch it as a stand alone film.
15 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I wish that Inland Empire would have been a six hour long movie...
scarletminded6 November 2010
I like Inland Empire. In itself, it is a great movie. But if you happen to have the Special Edition DVD like I have, I would definitely watch this "deleted scene" movie. It's long and my first experience watching Inland Empire was, since it didn't play in San Diego (why not, it is bloody close to the real Inland Empire and we have several theaters which would have loved to play it), buying and watching the two disc DVD. I liked the three hour movie so much and had so many questions, my boyfriend and I whipped out disc two and started to watch.

I almost wish Inland Empire would have had all the extra footage in it. We learn more about the Phantom and his watch from it and some back story. I know people want to make a concise movie but Inland Empire is slow moving and mysterious, almost two much so. It could have benefited by the Polish story that weaves into the making of 47 and On High in Blue Tomorrows. It made some things a little clear, but still under a murky bell jar. Or maybe I long for six hour Lynch films. Who knows? I am still waiting for a six hour version of Fire Walk With Me.
14 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.