Beautiful Boy (I) (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 18 items
|MPAA||Rated R for drug content throughout, language, and brief sexual material|
Sex & Nudity
- There is a sex scene in a shower between two teenagers. There's some thrusting and moaning. The girl takes off the bra, but her breasts aren't shown.
- Some sexual references.
Violence & Gore
- Characters are shown doing drugs via injections. These scenes are quite graphic.
- A girl bleeds a little bit after injecting drugs.
- A young man is shown with an arm full of wounds of drug injections. Quite graphic.
- Quite a lot profanity. 33 uses of "fuck", multiple uses of "shit"
- The word "blowjob" is used.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Lots of drug use throughout the film. From soft drugs like weed to hard ones like crystal meth and cocaine.
- The whole story surrounds a teenage boy/young man going through drug addiction.
- Graphic depictions of drug use and drug addiction throughout.
- There is some drinking, but nothing too serious considering the strong drug use in the movie.
- A lot of talking about drugs and addiction.
- Emotional use of drugs
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Many emotionally intense scenes.
- Some scenes can be intense or disturbing to some viewers.
- (Suggested Rating) (Deleted; you are welcome to submit personal opinions about what the rating should have been, should be, or why it is what it is to the Reviews section.)
- The film graphically portrays the emotional toil and distress caused by the son's addiction, both on his family and for himself. The film does so honestly and unflinchingly, which may upset sensitive viewers. The scenes of drug taking are graphic and clearly depict the making and injection of drugs such as crystal meth.
Violence & Gore
- A character nearly dies of an overdose.