Edge of Darkness (2010)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 24 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong bloody violence and language|
Sex & Nudity
- A man confronts a corrupt senator about a time the senator attempted to abuse his power and authority to sleep with the man's daughter. This scene is handled very discreetly and may be hard to notice.
Violence & Gore
- Two men fight in a house, and one of them punches the other and subdues him.
- A man punches another man in the face, and throws him down and kicks him before reputedly punching him.
- A man on a gurney punches another man in the face, and slams the gurney into him, knocking him out.
- A cop pulls over a limousine, and he approaches it and breaks a window, punching the driver and knocking him out. He gets in and holds the man in the back at gunpoint, before leaving.
- A man in a car backs into another car.
- A dead man is shown with a bit of his head missing. Blood and matter is around the wound.
- A woman is hit by a car, she is seen partly unconscious with her body bloody. The attacker is shot dead with blood spray on the windshield.
- A woman is shot in the stomach with a shotgun, resulting in a blood and some matter covering her whole torso as she lies half-conscious.
- We see a man with a bloody bullet wound on the side of his head.
- A man is shot in both knees before being shot dead a few times in the head offscreen. It is briefly bloody afterwards.
- A man is killed by a gunshot through the hand and eye, a bloody bullet wound is seen after.
- Strong blasphemy.
- 34 uses of 'fuck', 7 uses of 'shit', 4 uses of 'ass' (2 used as 'asshole'), 2 uses of 'bitch', 1 use of 'Goddamn', 1 use of 'bastard', 2 uses of 'Jesus', 1 use of 'Christ', 1 use of "Jesus Christ", and 1 use of 'piss'.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man drinks wine on a park bench.
- Two men drink whiskey. A bit of cigar smoking.
- A man takes his medication with alcohol once or twice.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A very dark film.
- The protagonist suffers from trauma of his daughter being mercilessly killed in front of him. He sinks into violent bouts of anger and sadness at times, but visions and memories of her alive and well keep him from going off the edge into insanity. Very emotional at times, especially when she encourages him not to cry.
- Rather than being a revenge thriller, it's a mystery with a pretty basic pace, which ultimately makes the bursts of bloody violence more shocking.
- A woman is hit by a speeding driver. This will make you jump for sure seeing as there is no buildup or tension to it, coupled by the fact that the impact is extremely loud after a quiet talking scene.
Violence & Gore
- A man is shot in the throat. He is shown convulsing and choking as blood issues forth from his neck and mouth before dying.
- A man in a room with several other men quickly draws a gun and shoots them all, killing them. He goes to leave but is held at gunpoint by a cop. when he lowers his gun, the cop shoots him.
- A man shoots another man in the head, (blood seen), then walks into a house and shoots another man, shooting him again in the head offscreen. Another man shoots him, but he shoots the man. The two struggle, and he pours a bottle of milk all over the man's face.