"Blue Bloods" Family Secrets (TV Episode 2020) Poster

(TV Series)

(2020)

Wow! An always great show got even better! Warning: Spoilers
Blue Bloods is almost always a show that hits a home run each week. This week was incredible even for an extraordinary series like this one. Kudos to the young actor who plays Sean. He did a fantastic job & I hope they expand his role in future eps. The new addition to the family is a great idea to expand storylines. I was just blown away by how great a story this was. In 10 years I've only disagreed with one major plot point, the death of Linda was a mistake then & I still think so now. A new grandson learning to be a Reagan will be so amazing to watch! If I could give this ep 11 stars I would. Probably one of the 2 or 3 best eps of a great series. This is how tv should be done.
19 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spectacular
d-robold5 May 2020
This was excellent. Surprising, touching, emotional, and very satisfying. An unknown family member found by chance, an abandoned baby, betrayal and death. This episode packed in so much and handled it all beautifully. Ending with a Regan family dinner was perfect. Bravo. Episodes such as this one are why we have been fans for 10 years and will continue to to watch.
9 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Binge worthy
nananow6 May 2020
I have just finished watching 10 seasons of "Blue Bloods". The constant loyalty, respect, Love and tradition were factors in my appreciation for this series. This episode exemplified all that is wonderful with this ongoing family story. It brings tears whenever I think of it. Unfortunately now I have to wait like everyone else every week to tune in. Thank you CBS for this enduring series!!
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a great show
JodyKibler7 May 2020
What an excellent plot point. I cried at the end of the show. They still surprise me. The show had many good stories for the finale.
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a season finale
heimc2 May 2020
I usually enjoy BB every week but this finale was way above and beyond any I have ever seen
16 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very moving!
hyacintoblack7 July 2020
I was so moved at the portrayal of family values and love displayed in this episode. Beautiful how the whole family welcomed Joe with open arms, no questions asked, no conditions set. Inspirational.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best story line in a while.
neslo_roy2 May 2020
This is a "never miss" show for me. The story of Joe in this finale was excellent. However there seemed to be no conection between Sean bringing the results of the DNA test to his grandfather, and the mother coming to Frank to ask for a favor. Seems very coincidencidental these two events would happen in the same short time span. Then at the end when Frank tells Sean that he got it all started, when in reality if they had left Sean's portion out, we still would have ended up in the same place. (I do realize they had to get DNA test into the story somewhere) The story may have worked better over two episodes, or as a subplot over an entire season, "Blue Templar" fashion.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best finales I've ever seen!
alexbogue388930 January 2021
This show is tackling new issues every season and always brings a surprise. This finale is no exception.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bring On Season 11
gwzct11 June 2020
The scene where Tom Selleck meets his (hitherto unknown) grandson is a masterclass in acting. The range of emotions he displays in just a few moments is a beautiful display by a very seasoned veteran. Selleck tends to just play Selleck at this point in the series (and I don't have a problem with that) so it was refreshing to see him tap deeper into his talent. The season 10 premiere was atrocious. This was an absolutely fantastic finale. Bring in season 11.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved this episode
cindyluc-476883 May 2020
Eddie was as feisty as ever. The shock and awe of the entire Regan family was so believable, learning about Joe Hill, I cried for an hour afterwards. Well done writers and cast!!!
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Greatest episode ever
jennierosec15 December 2020
Greatest episode ever! I love bluebloods. I am a fan of the cast, and of course a big fan of Tom Selleck. It was great to see emotions in this episode from everyone. Just a really great feel good finale. Great job!
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent
penny-1553922 May 2020
I love this show. After 10 years, it still keeps delivering excellent drama. This episode takes a step up again.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seriously good finale
akicork17 August 2021
I have lamented in a previous review that Abigail Hawk is given woefully little opportunity to demonstrate her acting skills as Detective Baker. This episode has emphasised that to me, but also made me realise how skilled she is in packing dramatic meaning into her facial expressions, while maintaining a completely inflexible "no one gets past me" Palace Guard posture. Has she studied and performed mime previously in her career? The emotional and character transmission skills of Marcel Marceau come strongly to mind. I reiterate that I believe her and her character as Baker to be, separately, two of the series most underused assets, and hope that the writers will give her more serious dramatic meat in series 11 and 12.

As to the bulk of the episode, the tension was good, the story lines were good, and the character interaction was good. I was glad to see the new family member brought in to Sunday Dinner, although I felt a definite sense of disappointment that his mother did not join in. Perhaps that's a dramatic opportunity to be grasped in the future.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.