Kill the Messenger (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language and drug content|
Sex & Nudity
- At the begining there is a swimmer woman with bikini in the pool. One scene in a cafe Gary interviews a woman who has a low cut dress and short shirt. Man and woman are in bed, man gets out in boxers. Woman appears to be naked but is covered from chest down by blankets.
Violence & Gore
- Gary has several bursts of anger in the film. Gary punches a car window in a fit of anger and cuts his hand. We briefly see his bloody hand.
- Gary sees a mysterious man hiding around his house and tries to pursue him but he outrun. This situation is supposed to be a threat.
- Gary and his wife infrequently use the word "f*ck" in their banter, though in a non-sexual way.
- A dozen 'Fuck' and 'Shit' words are used throughout the film primarily during Gary's bursts of anger.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A father passively endorses his son's underage drinking at a family party.
- Gary smokes in several scenes during the film.
- The sale of drugs is a core topic of the film.
- There are frequent scenes of drug use, in which people are briefly seen preparing, smoking and snorting cocaine. There are also frequent verbal references to cocaine use and preparation, as well as references to selling and smuggling drugs.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Gary gets angry and punches a car window. In another scene Gary gets angry with his staff at his employer. Both scenes are pretty tense.
- Gary has a intense discussion with his son about a past affair.