Cars 2 (2011)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
Sex & Nudity
Violence & Gore
- Holley Shiftwell shocks multiple cars with a hidden tazer gun.
- In multiple scenes, cars are shot with ab electromagnetic pulse weapon, which causes their engines to smoke (they are implied to blow up) and they lose control, resulting in crashes.
- Cars are outfitted with machine guns, rockets and other spy-weapon paraphernalia, resulting in numerous bullet-riddled and explosion-peppered chase scenes. Cars frequently crash and smash into the scenery and often crumble on impact. One spy, for instance, gets killed, and his body shows up as a cube of crushed metal.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- One of the characters is a Volkswagon van with a funky paint job that speaks with a hippie affectation, has squinty eyes, and makes reference to his "organic" fuel. No overt drug references, but the characterization is recognizable as a "stoner" for adults
- We see cars popping bottles of champagne.
- We see cars at a bar drinking from martini glasses.
- A truck drinks from a martini glass.
- We see a car taking martini glasses and pitchers from a bar and trays.
- We see filled pint glasses lined up on a bar in front of cars.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Two characters end up in a situation where they are to be crushed by the gears of a giant clock.
Violence & Gore
- When Mater gets cornered and captured by the bad guys, they use knock-out gas to subdue him. Mater, McMissile and Holly are bound to a giant mechanism set to crush them. Later, Mater realizes he has a ticking time bomb strapped to his engine.