Just Say Yes (2021) Poster

(2021)

Weird
All the men are idiots and gross in this movie, absolutely every single one. The sister was mean and didn t care about Lote at all but she s the one upset??? Lote s friends choose her? What? Overall nice movie to watch when you want to kill 90 minutes of your life.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad acting kept distracting me from the story
isabel_o3 April 2021
The story isn't that bad to be honest. But the acting... seriously.

They could've hired some other actors and maybe adjust the story. The fact that Bilal is so interested in the story just doens't work for me.

Maybe I'm just to pessimistic.
18 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why all this hate?
acul785219 April 2021
I don't get it. The expectations when you start a romance/comedy movie on Netflix shouldn't be as high as an Oscar's nominated movies. I enjoyed this, it was exactly what I thought. Funny scenes, some good-hearted material. Yolanthe Cabau was just perfect for the role and I hope she'll does more movies in the future. Nobody tought this was a masterpiece, so ease your hate everybody. It's a rom/com, 1.30h really enjoyable!
12 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad, even for Dutch standards
MireilleR4 April 2021
Filled with romcom clichés all the way. And not the good ones. If you wanna try to find any orginal or surprising detail in it: don't bother. You won't find any.

The acting is plain bad. The characters are not interesting at all. Very flat and, once again, cliché. It doesn't help that the actress that plays the main character, Lotte, is someone who is in real life known for what they're mocking teh whole movie: superficial behaviour, being all about beauty, money and luxury. So to me, it's all very unbelievable. There's no subtlety in the acting. It's either boring or over the top yelling. The actors are casted either for their looks or fame, not for their talent.

I gave it 2 stars instead of 1, just because I like the genre and I'd like to see more romscoms in the future. But please, no more like this one. Not even in Dutch.
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring and predictable
heerke3 April 2021
The acting in the movie was horrendous. Also the movie was so predictable even though it was a romcom it wasnt even funny.
11 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just bad
Roszalief23 April 2021
I hoped it was a nice movie. But the writing and the acting are really bad. Nobody convinced me.
15 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Generic
faer_kr2 April 2021
A generic Dutch romantic comedy.

It's about a producer girl who is finished live and does her best to get her fiancé back together with her fellow producer.

Quality.

Entertaining It does not bring something new to the genre.

It feels like a cross between "Crazy and Stupid Love" and all the romantic comedies.

The performances are passable.

The pair have chemistry on screen.

He tries to talk about living and always doing what we feel, but he doesn't quite succeed.

Some inconsistencies in the edit.

It shows you characters in the first moment that never unfolds, they are just there. And the main story does not see certain details because the film is in a hurry.

It fulfills its function which is to entertain.
12 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad
wendyd-765153 April 2021
Stopped watching it. Really bad movie! Bad acting and makes women look stupide.
14 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Easy, laid back and funny movie
Hellooo12343213 April 2021
An easy and laid back movie to watch and funny.

I like this Dutch Netflix movie better than the usual predictable Hollywood Rom-Con.

Jim Bakkum (the blonde guy) could be the new Armie Hammer, if he works on his physique and gets more acting classes. Sometimes he's not convincing, but at other times he is.
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not only bad, also full of bigotry
j-v-veldhuizen2 April 2021
It's like they turned back the clock 30 years of the worlds fight for more fairness and equality. Besides that this is just a bad movie it's full of demeaning scenes towards women and curved people...
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Meh!
tessahinzen3 April 2021
Just watch Bridget Jones if you need a romcom. Just say yes has some scenes in it which resemble Bridget Jones. The acting in Just say yes is the same as in all Dutch movies: meh! Lost one and a half hour of my life by watching.
11 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointed
bhcxcgq3 April 2021
No real actors. Acting is realy bad. I hope this is not the new Dutch way of film making. I feel ashame to be dutch.
10 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just say NO to watching
mgoldman-9198517 April 2021
90 minutes of wanting to poke my eyes out. Was like watching a Bruce Lee movie with English voice dubbing. If it's down to two movies, pick the other one. You won't regret it.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
50 years feminism deleted in 1 hour 37 minutes
tuinstra-kids13 April 2021
How haven't we come to the realisation that demeaning women, but covering it in cheesy cliche's is just sad by now. I love a bad rom-com but this is poor.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible English dubbing
ick-1167510 April 2021
The story was good. Same old recipe though and the English dubbing was pathetic.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another rom-com
omilkov9 April 2021
If you enjoy this genre, you'll definitely love Lotte and her adventures as she's trying to find her own happy-end. It's a typical movie from that genre, so those who expect more will be very disappointed :) A nice movie for a Saturday night, some popcorn and a glass of wine, to relax after a stressful week! :)
Boring and annoying
natalie-773938 April 2021
The movie itself is very cliché and predictable. But what I really want to point out is that it's very disappointing, the main character is being mistreated by her boyfriend, being disrespected by all the male characters for example being dismissed by her sticky breath boss, get objectified by Chris- only when she becomes hot she more valuable to the men and her workplace. That Alex guy was cheating and manipulating her and in the end he just got away with that! No one put him in his place.

The movie was shallow and very misogynistic. Her sister was was a shallow character that suddenly changed, no character development at all, she was mistreated as a child because she was ugly and just like Lotte she found her value when she became pretty, so the main massage of the movie- become beautiful and only then men will love you and you will be successful. Such an old and shallow concept, it's so embarrassing that in 2021 such toxic movies are still being made.

Ok and let's talk about her married friend who's husband ignoring her and refuses to help her around the house. She's just happy to get his attention for s*x, instead of just having a mature conversation with him about how he's treating her. She's portrayed as a nagging wife that her husband won't touch, instead of a person who is being treated poorly by her husband and it's a very toxic massage for women and men.

In conclusion a shallow, outdated, misogynistic and predictable movie. Do not recommend.
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
worst acting ever, calling it a b rated movie is a compliment
laladoron7 April 2021
Couldn't believe how bad the acting was, especially of the main female character. Script could have been ok with proper casting, decent direction and proper acting. Really worst of the worst.
Nice
boboceaelena3 April 2021
Seen it on Netflix, it's much more amusing than Hollywood rom-coms.
10 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible, even for Dutch standards
sam-lahaye4 April 2021
There are not many good Dutch movies but man...this is horrible. Worse acting ever!
6 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The movie should make you have fun...
ianimi10 April 2021
Come on!

It's not a movie with the best Hollywood actress and actors... But it's fresh, new, funny, also romantic Relationship between two sisters is one of the main thematic...it has something in it..through all of the comedy stuff, something real.

To say that is boring and you can predict everything...OK, but the way they have made the movie and the fact that you want to watch something different isn't a place where romantic movies are. If you like this genre, you'll love this movie!

And last, the main character, Lotte, the actress is perfect for the role, and makes the success of the movie!

Not the best, but definitely not from the last!
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun and easy watch
mariskavandekamer3 April 2021
Enjoyable watch if you want to tune out for a bit. Music works well with the movie and there's a good cast.

Are there cliché's? Of course! Did I mind? Not at all. You get what you expect and I enjoyed it.
9 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We have a winner: worst Dutch movie ever
mhwfieten8 April 2021
When you select romcom as a genre, expectations aren't very high to begin with. Cliches are expected. The storyline is thin as foil, the acting is worse, which is possibly due to the total lack of story. This film has absolutely no redeeming qualities.

If you think Amsterdammed, or Flodder Goes America is bad, they're oscar winners compared to this p.o.s.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very bad acting
mvs-photography2 April 2021
Just a tough movie to get through... such bad acting!
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What you see is what you get.
Piet-Paling12 April 2021
Its a romcom? Its form Europe. Thats what you get, dubbed cliche storyline. But sometimes this is what you need. Sit back, relax, get some popcorn. Laugh and enjoy. Thats it. No Oscar worthy acting, just plain fun and romance. Stop all the hate. Go watch some arthouse.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.