Sôru îtâ (TV Series 2008–2009) Poster

(2008–2009)

Brilliant!!! Soon to be classic
RayrayUK4 July 2008
Soul Eater is a fairly new anime and manga series in which demons weapons and masters work together, attend a school and carry out missions.

The story starts with main characters 'Maka' and 'Soul', Maka being Soul's master and soul being the demon weapon. Soul and Maka are one step away from gaining a high title, yet are disappointed when all their passed hard work is wiped clean by one easy mistake, resulting in them having to start from scratch. As the story progresses, you are introduced to 'Black Star' and his demon weapon 'Tsubaki' and 'Kid' with his demon weapons 'Liz and Patty'.

While watching the series, you will gain some incite into the characters histories.

Soul Eater is a unique series as it manages to be light hearted, entertaining, up-beat and sinister!!! :o Flawless, must see series.

P.S. Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes!!! :o
37 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Great and outrageously funny anime!
nomadd_718 March 2010
Plot-wise, the series is about a vocational school where masters learn to wield their weapons. The twist is that the weapons are not simply weapons, but people, who have the ability to turn into magical weapons for the fight.

Soul Eater is a masterful combination of cool moments, funny moments, and touching moments. You'll need a bit of time to get used to its world and its setting, but as soon as you do that, you'll feel so happy there you wouldn't want to leave it! You'll grow to love the antics of each of the characters, sometimes even to the point of laughing to tears.

Watch it - you won't regret it!
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Interesting but ultimately too formulaic shounen anime.
mrseriously17 February 2011
The premise and art style of Soul Eater is quite appealing even though it has some undeniable similarities even in that field to at least one other anime. Outside of that my main gripes with the show center around how formulaic most of the show is. This is of course something which is more or less consistent within animes targeted at guys in their early teens.

The characters, for starters, are more or less the obligatory posse of various flavours of weirdos with a few variations. There's the serious hard-working girl, the overconfident and at first seemingly incompetent loudmouth, the pervy older guy, the scarily severe mature woman, the person who is really nice but is a victim of their circumstances, a whole collection of unhinged characters for comedy relief and so on and so forth. I feel like I could go on quite a while but I think that will do. My main point of this is that most of the characters are neither particularly interesting nor relatable, especially what with the constant digressions into weird comic relief situations.

One thing that I thought was quite interesting - even though it didn't necessarily make for a better character - was Kid's obsession with symmetry. It was really surprising to see that it actually came into play in some of his battles. Usually in this kind of show the modus operandi seems to be to throw all kinds of established character flaws out the window to make room for fight scenes and whatnot. Asura also seemed like an interesting character initially. The fact that one of the most powerful beings in the world couldn't stop shaking with fear and would reflexively kill people because he just couldn't help himself was - at least to myself - a new way of presenting the main villain. Sadly this characterisation was later thrown away in favour of the more typical and less interesting calm and completely nihilistic flavour of bad guy.

Speaking of fight scenes, here too the problem is how according to formula the fights are. Almost every battle seems to consist of the same steps as every other shounen anime: the hero is outmatched, the villain taunts him, the hero gets to play punching bag for a while until he or she somehow pulls the victory right out of their nether region, and usually along with one or other contrived explanation for it.

The main moral aesop is also delivered in a very ham-fisted way, going as far as to write it out on the screen in huge letters.

Pretty much all of this can be explained to some degree by the intended audience for the show, but I still feel like there is untapped potential for something more interesting even for the older viewer which is ultimately squandered. For example, I would have liked to see the concepts of fear and madness and how they work as driving forces for the villains be given more space than they got. When it was present the horror feeling was very well done, but it would often evaporate as soon as one of the above mentioned comedy relief moments came along.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
After the first episode, I wanted more!
Oliver Thiele8 April 2010
SOUL EATER is possibly one of the most original anime's I've ever seen! Not just in story telling but art design too! Most animes all have the exact same looking art style. Soul Eater on the other hand, goes for a almost punk looking art style that you'd find with GORILLAZ! This anime also (strangely enough) has a very Tim Burton feel to it (and I'm a HUGE fan of Tim Burton), a lot like The Nightmare Before Christmas! At the time of making this review I've only watched the first episode and am thoroughly looking forward to the rest of the series! Soul is a very cool character and the only gripe I found was: WHY DID THEY GIVE BLACK STAR A FEMALES VOICE?! AND IT'S SO OBVIOUS IT'S A FEMALE!

But apart from that, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series!

9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Didn't really like but I can see why it's so popular
emma52929 December 2014
The first time I watched Soul Eater I honestly liked it, however later on in the series I couldn't stand it.

I will admit the critical reasons I didn't adore it are unreasonable so we'll put those aside. This anime has a very unique sense of animation, the dub is fine, and the theme song is great. The characters, though, are very quirky. Which is enjoyable honestly, you can't find too many characters like them.

But like unlike other animes, this one disappointed me (will get to that later) It was very different, in many ways, for example it's comedy, it's characters, and it's storytelling. Throughout the series, however, I did not bond with any character like I do with at least one of every animes I watch.

There not a lot of reasoning to why, they just didn't seem relatable. Yes, the characters are funny but it's hard to click with them.

The ending is very unsatisfactory, in all honestly I wanted more but I didn't really want to read the manga. It's odd, I don't really how to explain maybe it's just me.

Beside the fact, it's a good watch. The appropriate age range would be maybe 12 or for mature kids 10. It's dark but not too dark.

In conclusion, I respect Soul Eater. It goes a different route than other anime and gives out a risky animation style. But besides it's dark humor, the story is pretty typical. Which is the main reason why this anime disappointed me.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Fool! (You're a Fool if you don't see it!)
Denise L23 April 2012
My children ADORE this. It is a bit violent, but nothing that hasn't been in other movies (Transformers, Iron Man...) that are based on American comic books. As you can tell which character makes me both cringe and giggle, we'll jump right into the review!

The anime focuses on 3 groups of students. We have Maka, the daughter of a particularly strong death scythe and Lord Death's weapon and the scythe's creator the meister. We have her weapon, Soul Eater (or just Soul). Soul is a atypical mouthy kid in typical anime style and reminds me of every thirteen year old I've met, including my own. The second pair is a Naruto clone character named Blackstar that believes he is the best meister in the world and #1, even when he's collected NO souls, and his poor abused weapon Tsubaki. She is an amazing if quiet character but we do get to see why and it's a nice descent into flashback and character development. The last is an OCD child of Lord Death (Death was married?) named aptly Kid Death. Because symmetry is a HUGE fanatical part of his brain, this Grim Reaper/meister must have two firearms named Liz and Patty Thompson. One reoccurring bit of humor is that the two firearms are sisters but not twins (he harps on the difference in breast size; logical for the directed audience of the show).

All these people are students at Death Meister Academy (forgive me if I missed a word). Lord Death, Sid (a teacher), and later a rather intriguing teacher Stein all teach the "kids" how to work as a team harmonizing their souls to work in tandem.

Enemies begin small, such as an amazing 2d character Blair that makes me laugh all the same, to dark and truly evil witches that want to destroy the word. As we progress through the series, it gets darker and looks hopeless--at one point I recall asking, how many episodes are left? They can't do this HERE in the season!--and yet, the kids don't give up.

Comic relief is constant in the series, but then again what series doesn't have it? Even Alan (D-Greyman) had it. If it's not Blackstar's constant assurance that He's The Greatest, then it's Excalibur admonishing "Fool!" looking like a cross between a penguin, an umbrella, and an armadillo (as my daughter says he resembles the latter). Even a love affair with a toilet is thrown in mid-season. The moon and sun are being used as a typical design (Alan has the same moon).

I highly recommend this series. It *is* dark, and I would watch it with younger children so they do understand concepts explored--or for the few hints of sexuality tossed in the mix (such as a pair of bikini underwear given improperly to a young lady!)--to make sure all remains well. It will remain a family favorite for a LONG time to come.

D.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Not For Everyone But If Your Like Me You'll Like It
Chris Wilkinson10 July 2012
I have watched the first six episodes of this show and from what I can see this is a pretty good show. It has a very unique premise in which a person called a "meister" is capable of wielding another person who can turn into a weapon. And throw this the weapon and the meister go out and hunt down people in history who's souls have been tainted by demons and made evil(Ex. Jack the Ripper, Al Capone. Etc.) and when the weapon has 99 evil human souls and 1 witch soul the weapon turns into a weapon for the Grim Reaper. Is this show good? I think so. Is this show for everyone? Not at all. This show is a comedy which causes you to sometimes think "that was pretty funny and clever" and other times just be like "thats kind of stupid". So if u can't stand that kind of comedy you may not like soul eater. But if you don't mind or like that comedy then give Soul Eater a shot you'll probably like it.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Fresh ideas, great characters and smart story lines
What I like about Soul Eater so much is that it has something new to offer in story,settings,persona's of the main characters and art style. Its centered around the Shibusen,a school for "Weapons and Masters" in the fictional town Death City Nevada.A Weapon is a person that is born with the ability to transform into a Weapon, not just any but just the one they were born as ( there are few exceptions but I don't want to spoil the details). Master are the people who handle Weapons, Master and Weapon can only work together when they have a "Soul Link" that fits, for example, two arrogant persona's wouldn't work together but one arrogant and the other one humbled would work because they would balance each other out.The main characters are the three students Maka,Black Star and Death the Kid (the number of main characters increases during the story) and there Weapons, Soul,Tsubaki and the sisters Patty and Liz Thompson. Maka being very self righteous and ambitious, and Soul being only concerned about his coolness make a good couple but there is not much more to it than a hate/love relationship they got going on, don't get me wrong its well done but just something done before, Black Star himself is just very obnoxious but his relationship with Tsubaki is one of the deepest side story's ever, I don't want to spoil it. The one Character that just takes the cake is Death the Kid, he is funny,cool,original and just a total blast to watch. His trademark is being obsessed with symmetry, If something is just a mm off he completely looses his mind and has to correct it. His Weapons are there for some good slapstick but don't do much for story telling.

If you are looking for a breath of fresh air, definitely check it out!
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
An Auhmazing Anime! :DDD <3
iluvedelric16 October 2009
Soul Eater is about a world were there are weapons and masters and they work together to get demon souls for the weapon. In the show the first characters introduced, which were Soul and Maka work together to help make Soul an Death Scythe.

That's like my lame plot description. o.o xD I'm not good at that kind of stuff. xD

The reason i love this anime is because i think it's very original and it has a good mix of funny moments and serious moments and it just pulls everything together and i consider it a must watch to anyone who loves a good anime. :] ^^
9 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A bit of original anime
Ardi H14 September 2008
Im not a seasoned anime pro, i have seen like 3-4 series so far. Soul Eater is my latest discovery, and i must say I'm glad i found it.

Usually a fan of refined, state-of-the-art-graphics stuff such as Ghost In The Shell, Soul Eaters style didn't catch me from the first second. But having decided to give it a try anyway, i found out that this complete graphical madness somehow has reason to it. It emphasizes (with arrows! :) ) only the most important, almost childishly drawing out the obvious. Which is actually quite original, plus you get surprised a lot by the changing style.

Story is deep enough and has just enough background to tie the episodes together, yet always having a new twist. As childish as it is, it doesn't really feel like meant for kids - reminding me Harry Potter for that matter. Maybe its just me, but i found some other similarities with Harry Potter stories there..

All in all, Soul Eater is a series worth watching for every anime fan for its original style.
9 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Excellent wonderful,Amazing my all time favorite show
Fusebox8915 June 2011
This show is truly amazing it has great characters. The Story is original and completely amazing. Another thing that makes this to my favorite show is the villains are just amazing Arusa , Eruka ,Free, Arachne and then their is Medusa who is by far one of the greatest villains ever made. I can find no flaws with Medusa she is just perfect she even has the perfect voice. One scene in particular that makes her great is the scene where she posses the child's body that scene always send shivers up my spine every time i see it. The show changes from light a comical to dark and gritty giving a great shift in narrative. As i said before the plot of the show is completely original. Not only is it Original though it is excellent the ideas in this show draw you in it makes you think about law order and sanity. The animation in the show is some of the best i have ever seen it always amazes me when i am watch the show. The show always keeps you in a state of suspense. Probily one of the best parts of the show is when the madness starts to take over Dr. Stein.

This show desires a 20/10 unfortunately i could not rate it that high is i give it a 10/10
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Great series but has moments of odd quirkiness.
dyssius14 December 2013
I love the concept behind this series - people who can turn into weapons who then link their souls to their wielders to create powerful warriors. As usual with anime, this 'magic' system plays a major role in the world setting. The story at times is a bit weird, as it juxtaposes great action and serious themes with moments of comedy and oddness. This causes the story to be a bit disjointed and takes focus away from the serious stuff going on (such as that episode with Excalibur telling random stories which made no sense and added nothing to the overall story arch). The characters all have their own unique personalities, even if they are a little exaggerated at times to the point of ridiculousness (Death the Kid, I'm looking at you). But apart from these flaws, the series is memorable and good fun.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A wild and enthusiastic anime with a lot of potential
Jade Chan14 February 2017
I first watched and loved Soul Eater, my first shonen anime, as a teen, and have been coming back at it out of pure nostalgia. Here's my impression as an adult:

In a universe in which some persons can transform to weapons, Death himself has created an Academy where Meisters and Weapons team up to learn to fight evil and madness. This is the setting for a wild ride full of electric action scenes, creepy enemies and slapstick comedy.

The teenage cast fulfills the clichés of the shonen genre: there's the ambitious, hard-working girl, the pretentious idiot, the too cool for school-kid, etc. In a sense they are all very caricatural and over the top, but so unashamedly and stubbornly so that I quickly grew fond of everyone. There's also a whole set of secondary adult characters that I really like, and even the villains hold a special place in my heart. All characters have very strong personalities, which are reinforced by the stellar voice acting (of the Japanese version) and by the great character designs.

The animation is colorful and vibrant (although gloomy and gore at times), with very interesting hallucinatory sequences when Madness strikes, and a lot of signature notes that just scream "Soul Eater!". The music has a very cool flair, never pushing itself to the foreground but always adding the special touch.

This show is clearly aimed at a (presumably male) teenage audience, and the humor is often way too childish for my taste. But it also sometimes indulges in totally absurd humor I found uproariously funny (especially the Excalibur "troll episodes"), but then that's my personal taste. There's also a lot of clichés in the narration. But you can overlook this flaws in part thanks to darker themes like madness v.s. order, progress v.s stability, and in part because of the compelling character dynamics.

Because it's the intensity of the relationships between the main pairings of the cast (usually Meister and Weapon) that make me go fan-girl over it. There's no romance, but deep friendship and such amounts of mutual trust and loyalty that it makes for deeply human and relatable relationships.

So if you can generously overlook the pubescent humor and the clichés in the storyline, and can warm up to energetic and goofy teenagers fighting Demons with cool weapons, give Soul Eater a try. It most certainly has a lot of feelings and joy to share with its audience.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
An entertaining anime
nitish kumar8 February 2018
Want a fun going anime? This is the perfect one you are searching for. The background score really good it brings goosebumps out of you and the characters are really good and the anime won't disappoint you and it is worth watching but the ending may somewhat disappoint you as the end concentrates on only one character. The fights and killings will be so intresting and they were tremendous with the background score. If you wish to watch an entertaining fictional anime i would say this will be the best on.
A Good Comedy/Action Anime... But Leaves The Wrong First Impression
grellwashre7 April 2017
I loved this anime. It knows when to be funny, but can become pretty serious fast. It has a unique plot, and doesn't copy anyone. The art style is also very unique and good. I have recommended this to friends who have loved it. However, as I said in the description, it may leave you with the wrong impression if you watch episode one only. Episode one does not properly show what the anime is like, as right away you are greeted by Blair singing about how sexy she is in a bathtub. However, bubbles do cover certain parts of her to hide anything explicit. She continues to act provocatively throughout this episode and the whole series. So if that's not your thing, maybe this isn't the best anime for you, or you should consider skipping the first episode as it isn't essential to the plot and is just used to introduce the two main characters, Maka and Soul. Moving on, this anime has very good characters that all develop well and play their role. The ending wasn't the best, but it is still very much worth a binge-watch. Other than Blair, there is also a bit more nudity, as when the female weapons are shown in weapon form, they are naked, but are rarely shown further down than the shoulders. Again, if you are uncomfortable with nudity, maybe not the best for you. But most people can see past that, and see how great this anime is. So go watch it now. Also, MAKA X CRONA FOREVER!!!!
Definitely an original
David Roggenkamp31 July 2016
Soul Eater is an anime that I first caught wind of during its run on Toonami in 2013. It got me through many of my Saturday nights while unemployed before I had to start work again. It wasn't until about three years later that I'd get to see it in full; it almost makes me wish I'd seen it on it's first viewing – because man – this is one good anime.

Quit frankly, the number one thing about Soul Eater that stands out is the art style. The characters are pretty skinny, the teenagers have absolutely no meat on them, and the adults tend to look very similar save for sexual dimorphism which at points is often exaggerated to the point of disbelief. The castle for the D.W.M.A. is completely ridiculous in design and architecture as much as is the fact that the sun and moon look more like demonic creatures that have a consistent laugh throughout the day – that is until the latter hours of their cycle where the moon begins to show blood and the sun looks like it is intoxicated. One of the main characters has a very toothy smile and another has stripes in his hair; the art style, however, is just the tip of the iceberg and probably serves to further suck the viewer in straight away.

Soul Eater actually has a pretty good plot going on. It gives a quick intro about the Grim Reaper having started the D.W.M.A. (Death Weapon Meister Acadamy) and it's role to prevent the spread of evil, as well as that of the Kishin from being revived. This sounds like typical flare, but the anime revolves heavily around this very concept as opposed to 'good versus evil' in fact, the entire serious could have many of the characters as being synonymous with evil when in fact they are on the side of good. There are seven characters that this anime follows mainly, but they can be described as three groups – Maka and Soul, Death the Kid (just Kid) along with Patty and another girl's name I forget, as well as Blackstar and Tsubaki. The first group represents a girl and scythe combo, the second a human style grim reaper with two pistols, and then a ninja ala Naruto with a weapon that becomes a ninja star, ninja blade and then a samurai sword. The idea here is that people resonate their souls together in a pairing – one becomes a weapon and another person wields said weapon. This is very similar in concept to a much earlier anime that I know dubbed only as "Shaman King" that used to air on "Fox Kids".

The first part of the anime has a few mini-episodes that follows the three teams of characters around and gives a build up of the character's personalities as well as their quirks and how they all deal with each other; it also explains business as usual. Has a much larger arc during the middle of the series which gives a buildup of all of the secondary characters. Both the mini-episodes (one shots really) and the middle arc all lead up to the finale which is what the main story is about. Unlike most series, this one maintains the characters personality development throughout. If you think a background character that is featured for at least any given amount of time, will not have some form of development, you are sorely mistaken. The only filler that even appears comes in the form of the sword "Excalibur"; these episodes can safely be skipped and serve no purpose in the series – there are three in total I think.

I will say that the action scenes in this anime are pretty good. The characters do spend some time talking in each episode when it leads up to a fight; but when they enter a fight – it doesn't take the form of any Bleach and Dragon Ball Z type fight scenes – these fights get down and dirty and may last a grand total of an episode at most (which makes sense). During the Kishin arc, the longest fight scene lasted about an episode I think, but it really went into just how powerful these characters are. Also, if you think the Grim Reaper is going to spend most of his time just sitting around in his Death Room, you are sorely mistaken – he does get some fight time as well.

Also mentioned was the art style. It isn't exactly complex, but at points it is quit intricate, which seems to be the exact opposite of what it sets out to create with such things as the laughing sun and bloody moon. However, this also fits into the demographic of stylization I would expect aimed at preteens. The character art style is heavily reminiscent of something aimed at children – it is neither complex, nor does it fall back to the budget style of a single mouth moving in a scene with no other movement. The animation was always fluid and interesting and never turned into something easily bending – despite how much it resembled American animation at points. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this is how American animation might have been influenced if children's cartoons had remained popular on network television in America.

In the end the series manages to wrap itself up nicely with a few epiphanies, plot points and characters that have developed along the way. I highly recommend it to anime fans that don't mind something with pre-teens as the intended demographic, but whom also want something with some more serious elements thrown into the mix as well. To be frank, this is one of the best anime I have seen in a long time.

Originally posted to Orion Age (http://www.orionphysics.com/? p=11757).
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Outstanding, One of my personal favorites!
Marie x3 October 2015
I've just finished Soul Eater a few minutes ago, all I can say is that it was FANTASTIC. It has a good use of action, some humor here and there and a few feel moments. I definitely recommend this if you're into anything like that. Once you start watching you get completely hooked and just cant stop. Its some what unique too, as others have pointed out. I've never seen or heard of an anime revolving around meister and weapons that are able to take human form.I cant really think of anything else to be honest because everything about the anime is just awesome.

Anyone who is thinking about watching this,do it,this anime is amazing!!

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
One of the best anime out there. *Spoilers are only at the end of review*
Ben Davis14 December 2014
Well this show is pretty freaking amazing. Out of 51 episodes, I only disliked 5 of them. That's a pretty good ratio if you ask me. Soul Eater's enjoyment came from its rather humorous take on things and its characters, more so the characters. Most of them I really loved (not all of them), like Soul, Maka, Death the Kid, Crona, Medusa, and Lord Death. All of these characters are awesome in their own right. Soul, Maka, and Death the Kid I like because they're great at what they do, which is fighting. Lord Death I like because he can beat the crap out of anybody and still be absolutely hilarious at the same time. I liked Crona because the show made feel sympathetic towards the poor kid, which is easier said than done. Usually I would hate a character like Crona because they get my nerves, but they found a way for me to actually care about him. Lastly Medusa is awesome because I don't think I've ever wanted a villain to die so bad. She is more than just a bad guy who only exists to fight the protagonists. She's cunning, sly, sadistic, smart, utterly despicable, and a truly awesome villain. As I mentioned earlier, I didn't love every character. Tsubaki, Liz, Patty, and Dr. Stein were all fine, they just really have anything special about them, at least not to me. The only character I flat out disliked was Black Star. His cockiness annoyed me to no end and I just wanted to punch him in the face. Other than him, pretty great characters all around. The plot is fairly engaging as well. (I'm not going super deep into this, so no spoilers.) It starts of with the 3 pairs (Soul and Maka, Black Star and Tsubaki, and Death the Kid and Liz and Patty) going on various missions for the DWMA in order for each pairs' weapon to become a Death Scythe. However, after Medusa releases the evil Kishin Asura, all our characters have to put all their efforts into stopping him. It's a fun, action packed story line, so no complaints there. That really concludes all the positives about this show, but there are some negatives. I've already mentioned Black Star, so no need to go through that again. I really did not like the first 3 episodes. Each one follows a different pair and they serve as an introductory to everyone. The problem is they overemphasize each characters idiosyncrasies. Soul wants to be the coolest, Black Star wants to be better than everyone, and Death the Kid is in love with symmetry. They bash you over the head with those qualities way too much in those episodes for them to be enjoyable. Thankfully, they toned down those characteristics later on. The other 2 episodes I didn't like were the ones that revolved around The Holy Sword Excalibur. All that takes place in these episodes is Excalibur talking about his past in an extremely annoying fashion. He's never important throughout the entire show! Why does he get 2 whole episodes to himself? Did Blair get her own episode? No! So why should he? Anyway those episodes felt very, very out of place and I hated them. Another thing I didn't like about this show was its' refusal to kill of anyone major. It isn't a huge problem and it doesn't really bother me that much, but it would have added some more emotion to the show. Lastly, I didn't like the ending. *SPOILERS* The way Maka killed Asura felt really cheap and stupid. All you needed to beat him was to be brave? Wasn't everyone who fought him brave? I would assume so. So why didn't they kill him? I don't know, but I would like to know. Even if ignore that, I wanted a huge epic battle. It wasn't really and I would have preferred it that way. It sounds like all these negatives make the show bad, but trust me they don't. All the positives crush the negatives, making this one of my favorite anime. 9/10
This Show Changed my Life
Bianca Rich22 November 2014
I really have to say, this anime changed me. I love Soul Eater from the bottom of my heart, every character every episode, it doesn't matter.

The characters, oh, the characters! Even if you are one of those people who don't like the plot (I can't believe I've actually met these kinds of people) EVERYONE will find a character they can relate to. They are so diverse, and magnificently developed.

Other than the characters, the show is a riot. There is a joke for everyone in this! Some of the chapters are so eccentric, you can't help but smile when they grace your screen. Even the most serious of characters are humorous at times. I laugh every time I watch it.

Crona. Crona is the best character in anything I've ever watched in my entire life. I sometimes think that I care more about that black blooded child than I do for anyone around me. She has really touched my heart. In the last couple years I tended to be sad and lonely and even a bit devoid of hope. This character, a CHARACTER understood my feelings more than even I think I did. She made me feel better. She has made me optimistic about the future. No one in the real world has ever helped me the way she has. It's not even just Crona. I can see myself in almost every character. They light up my world.

Whenever I'm feeling down, I grab some ice cream and watch Soul Eater. It truly brings joy to my heart. There are plot twists and heart warming moments throughout the whole thing. Each episode will have you on your toes with how it ends. The art style is absolutely wicked. The action is great and each character has their own way of fighting. Overall I just love it. I really do. I think that maybe this show can change other people's lives too.
Greninja Shuriken
Greninja Shuriken14 July 2014
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Soul Eater: the best show ever
ariel-kreynin15 January 2014
Soul Eater is my favorite show on Earth! There are many great characters like Blair and Blackstar. It's full of action and some funny moments. You don't need to like this show but at least watch it.

Some things are very surprising in this show. About everything is epic about this show. The beast part about this show is this: Blair. Blair is my favorite character. She is a cat-girl with magical powers and is first seen on episode 1. There is more to her but you can learn about her while watching Soul Eater.

There are many different kinds of moments in this show: tragic moments, funny moments. etc.. If you never seen this show, go watch it. Watch at least 1 episode.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
I think it's great, and everyone should watch it!
Gabriel Nightingale22 September 2013
I, personally love Soul Eater!

it's great, and sometimes has a twist to it.

I think it's really funny at times, especially Death the Kid, son of Lord Death.

I, really wish though that they had made Death the Kid the main character, but that's me, other's may be happy with Maka and Soul being the main characters.

Over all, i give it 10/10. I recommend watching it. It's awesome!!!!!! :)

I don't know if you thought this was a spoiler, but i put it their just in case. :)
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The best anime I've ever seen!
Charlie Cottam5 July 2013
Soul Eater is by far my favourite anime, everything about it is amazing! The characters, the setting, the plot, all of it is awesome! If you've not seen it yet you should watch it!

From episode 1 you will be on an emotional roller coaster. You will laugh, you will cry, and you will feel what the characters are feeling all the way through! Especially when Crona makes his first appearance. Crona is a character that you will probably find really annoying to begin with, but as the series goes on you will begin to feel sympathetic to the abused swordsman. When you get to episode 45, prepare your tissues!

Watch it! Or I'll take your soul!

5/5 10/10
Decent One!
Deepak Puthraya23 April 2012
Watch this anime if you have time!

The story is about a group of students who are in a school called 'Shibushen' who try to maintain peace by suppress the evil activities of the witches and other evil beings.

The anime was quite thrilling to watch. There were twists and jokes, which seemed too childish to start with but you get attached to them and start to enjoy it. 'Patty' one of the characters makes you smile every-time she shows up. Each character is obsessed with one thing or another. What I liked about this anime is that they kept it short and tried to stick to the story. There are a couple of fillers(one or two) but I shouldn't really call them that.

To be more critical about the anime I would say its for teens. The animation is quite childish, The moon, the sun, the school to start with. There isn't much of detailing on every character which i think would give it a better feel. I loved the journey of 'Soul Eater', but the destination just disappointed me! Things happen all of a sudden at times, you take time to understand whats really going on.

Many a times you will be like 'What the hell just happened?' I would say watch it if you have nothing else to go for, it might just do the trick to entertain you!

I would give it 7.5/10
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Way to scrape from the bottom of the barrel
ritonobono3 December 2015
Having seen all 51 episodes I can safely say this anime was really bad. Now I'm a fan of silly anime with a good story (Yu Yu Hakusho, Sailor Moon, One Piece). This anime had the silly part down, but it's story was lame.

The series has several episodes that either drag out or just plain get nothing accomplished (I'm talking about the ones with Excalibur, ugh). The few that do try to blend humor with dark gritty storytelling (I bet they were thinking, hey it worked for One Piece, we'll do it here too) and it just doesn't fit. The characters are flat stereotypes: Maka is a typical loudmouth brainiac, Black Star's Naruto 2.0, and Death the Kid is the emo pretty boy. The weapons are all tropes and the villains are hammy knock offs of superior villains. The story is starts good, but wanders off into nonsense once the whole black blood bullcrap is introduced and it condescends into wannabe Disney idiocy.

So if you haven't seen Soul Eater, don't bother. There are a butt ton of anime that far surpass this garbage.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this