Rambo: Last Blood (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 36 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong graphic violence, grisly images, drug use and language.|
Sex & Nudity
- A teenage girl is kidnapped and forced to work in a brothel. There are scenes which take place after implied, offscreen rape.
- A young woman jokingly asks her friend if she is still a virgin.
- A man brings a woman to his truck before shoving her down a a seat, preparing to have his way with her but is stopped.
- The entire plot of the movie is based on a human trafficking/ prostitution ring. While sex and nudity is never more than implied, it is implied frequently and critically to the plot.
Violence & Gore
- Multiple shootings, stabbings and blunt-force blows, all with resultant blood spurts and accompanying injury detail. These are all extremely brutal, and the whole film has incredibly realistic and graphic violence that's made to leave the viewer thrilled and shocked at the same time.
- Some gunshots are seen to blow pieces of people's heads off, with graphic results and large amounts of graphic blood and gore splattering.
- Rambo is severely beaten by many men. He has a 'V' sliced into his cheek and is seen heavily injured. This is really graphic.
- Various people are killed with different traps, which vary from spike-pits to wall-mines. The results are always bloody and pretty graphic.
- A man has a pole rammed through his head, with lots of blood visible. Shortly after, another has his foot graphically cut off with a machete and is then brutally stabbed through the head. Very bloody and graphic.
- An elaborate trap graphically slices into a man's face in two places. Brief yet graphic.
- Two men fall into a pit, and get brutally impaled on spikes, with huge amounts of blood pooling on the surface, and they are then riddled with bullets by Rambo, with large quantities of blood splashing everywhere as their bodies are also shown getting graphically torn to shreds by the bullets.
- A grenade explodes, and a man is caught in the blast, getting his torso shredded and sliced open by the shrapnel, and is graphically eviscerated as we clearly see his intestines flying out and very large amounts of blood and gore are seen splattering and spraying on the walls.
- A trap shreds a man by firing several bullets upwards at him, with loads of blood being shed out.
- A man is violently interrogated by being stabbed in the leg and then having his collar bone broken and pulled out of his skin. His attacker threatens to pull it out. Very gory and disturbing.
- Rambo bludgeons several people to death with a hammer. The sound of crunching bones on impact as well as large splashes of blood are heard and shown respectively. Rambo then smashes a man's clothed genitals with the hammer and the man crumples over in pain, with graphic and bloody results.
- A man gets stabbed in the neck, 3 times in the chest, and has his neck broken(we hear a crunch). Not very graphic scene, but may be disturbing to some viewers.
- Not quite as violent or gruesome as Rambo 2008, but still very graphic.
- There are 20 uses of "f***". A few uses of "sh**", "b****", "pr***" and one barely audible use of "cu**".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A teen girl is kidnapped and forced to work in a brothel. She is also heavily drugged, with scenes showing her injected with heroin, making her defenseless against people taking advantage of her
- A young girl is given a 'roofie'.
- Considering that the film revolves around Rambo fighting a Mexican drug cartel, drugs are a prominent theme in this film, especially since Gabrielle is shown getting injected with drugs.
- A character is threatened with a syringe of drugs before being injected with it. We see through the character's point of view in a nightmarish, bizarre set of flashes and haze before being tortured. Can be intense and disorienting to certain viewers.
- Some smoking and drinking. Also some drug use is shown.
- Lots of cocaine snorting.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Last Blood doesn't hold back on graphic scenes of violence. One of the main villains is a complete psychopath that shows no remorse and is shown torturing and slashing people with knives.
- A teen girl is kidnapped and forced to work in a brothel. There are scenes which take place after implied, offscreen sex. She's also heavily drugged, with scenes showing her being injected by and suffering from the effects of an unknown substance, and the after-effects are shown with her death. Very emotional.
- A man is severely beaten by many men. He has a 'V' sliced into his cheek and is seen heavily injured. A woman has the 'V' sliced into her cheek, off-screen, as well.
- A man threatens a young woman with death.
- One of the villains is an extreme misanthrope, since he expresses his disinterest in human life and tells Rambo he will pay special attention to Gabrielle. This is very shocking.
- Revenge is a theme of the film. In some places, the violence is sadistic, and sometimes even borders onto the territory of a gory slasher flick. However, Sylvester Stallone intended it to be this way, in order to be as realistic as possible and show the true nature of its subject matter.
- A man is violently interrogated by being stabbed in the leg and then having his collar bone broken and pulled out of his skin. His attacker threatens to pull it out.
- The film is about Rambo having his revenge on a Mexican drug cartel after they kidnap a girl named Gabrielle. The tone as such is relentlessly dark and incredibly bleak, and the film is not meant to promote xenophobia against Mexicans (as critics might say), but rather, it's meant to send the viewer a poignant message about real-life drug cartels and the massive atrocities commited by these evil organizations.
- The ending can be emotionally intense for some.
Violence & Gore
- Hugo is pinned to the wall by Rambo with four arrows, with lots of blood shown. He then has his chest cut open by Rambo with a knife, as Hugo screams in horrible agony and then has his heart ripped out in gruesome detail, with plenty of gore seen. This is EXTREMELY graphic and gruesome, and is definitely the bloodiest scene in the whole film. However, although insanely brutal, this is an immensely satisfying death due to the character being extremely evil.
- Rambo is shown walking towards Victor while he is in the bathroom. We don't see what happens until his brother discovers his decapitated body with a picture hanging from his chest with a knife. Rambo is then driving in his truck and tosses Victor's head out of the window. Blood streaks are shown on the road. The decapitated body shown is INCREDIBLY AND REALISTICALLY graphic, and this is one of the most gruesome scenes in the whole movie.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Despite Rambo's attempts at saving Gabrielle, she dies because of her horrible mistreatment inflicted by the cartel, and her death visibly affects Rambo on an emotional level. This is very sad and powerful.