Dragon Soldiers (2020) Poster

A dragon in modern time fighting mercenaries? Sure, why not...
paul_haakonsen12 May 2020
Given the movie's title and synopsis, I must admit that I wasn't having much of any high hopes for this 2020 movie titled "Dragon Soldiers" from writer Dan Sinclair and director Hank Braxtan. But since it was a movie that I hadn't already previously seen, and I was given the chance, of course I sat down to watch it.

Well, the concept idea of the movie was ludicrous. I will say that much. I mean, a dragon out somewhere in the mountains. Sure, why not? Just how did it manage to stay hidden? A dragon would consume a massive amount of food, much less be able to stay hidden whilst midflight. Nah, there just were too many plot holes here.

But the movie was actually entertaining enough for what it was - a campy movie that you shouldn't take too serious. It was actually fair enough for mindless entertainment.

The dragon was interesting in design. Sometimes the CGI were quite good, but at other times the CGI were questionable and dubious at best. It made for a strange viewing actually.

Now, a movie such as "Dragon Soldiers" wouldn't warrant any award-winning performances, and you are not in for anything out the of the extraordinary when you watch the actors and actresses perform in this movie.

If you don't mind wasting an hour and a half - give or take - and you enjoy campy movies that makes little sense, by all means go ahead and watch "Dragon Soldiers". However, if you want a movie that is a memorable experience, then this is not the right choice.

My rating of "Dragon Soldiers" lands on a very mediocre five out of ten stars.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining
ddbeuth6 September 2020
As stated in the title and synopsis, this is a movie about a dragon on the loose in small town America and the mercenaries hired to kill it. One does not go into such a movie expecting Dr. Zhivago caliber acting or Avengers level effects. Which is good, because this had neither. But for a B movie, the acting, at least by the main characters, was solid and the dragon, while a little cheesy, looked better than any of the beasties in the old SyFy channel Saturday night movies. The dialogue and plot were decently written, rare things in this genre. Overall, I was well entertained for an hour and half. What more could I ask for?
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very poor
bonganimonco12 May 2020
This has to be one of the worst movies to watch...acting poor,the dragon is also poor
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good for a Riff Party
zanicdu12 May 2020
I didn't have high hopes for this movie, but man... was I Riffing the hell out of it. I was having a great time. It's not the best movie in the world, but the jokes that can be made are priceless. I LOVE the fact that the movie is self aware of how bad it is. Release date, 05/11/2020 and one of the missing posters has a dude gone missing on 05/12/2020. Which was the date I was watching it on. Too funny. Now it will make sense, in future viewings but, har har. If you love doing MST3K to movies, this one's for you!
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Actually brilliant
smtempleman25 December 2020
Actually brilliant If you like terrible movies of the B kind This is for you
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than expected
paul_is_tall12 May 2020
Give this a solid five stars, Acting was fine, CGI was well above average for a low budget, so yes, an ok movie.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This was the worst movie I've seen in a long time!
kathryn-907667 January 2021
The dragon was ok but the acting and script were terrible!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Vagrants
nogodnomasters28 December 2020
In a small town in Colorado, campers are going missing. The mayor brings in a private militia to go after the vagrants in the forest. On the way there we get a quick character build up of what we expect to be the "final guy" per the formula.

This was a fun bad film, similar to classic Asylum production. I wish they had been a little less serious.

Guide: No swearing, sex, or nudity
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprisingly good
loeikat11 May 2020
The movie avoids the clichés and other defaults of those productions. Not a blockbuster, but it's not a wasted time. Characters are quite unique, well played, and the story is plausible and unexpected.
7 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very entertaining
askbigunc12 May 2020
Every movie doesn't have to be Star Wars quality to be entertaining. It had all the elements of a great movie minus a big budget and good actors, (some where ok). If you're the type of person that uses more imagination then criticism when you watch a movie, especially one with the word "Dragon" in it; then you will enjoy this movie.
4 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste time or money
vg-1257320 December 2020
Mind-numbing stupid. Maybe a preteen might enjoy. So fake.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty bad acting
andyonmob11 July 2020
Entertaining if you like some tongue in cheek naff movies but not in any way a good movie. Acting pretty bad, continuity poor and credibility non existent. Still I watched it till the end for comedy value. Not as bad as Ninja Shark.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring nonsense
Leofwine_draca11 December 2020
Another day, another indie film, this time a mix of sci-fi and fantasy. A squad of soldiers are sent into the woods to tackle a giant CGI dragon which has been going around killing all and sundry. Most of the money has gone on the number of actors in this so it's a very small scale production complete with PREDATOR-style vision effects and the like. The dragon is kept off screen for the most part, which is wise when you finally get to see it. The script is mundane and the performances anything but engaging.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WOW! So bad !!!
axel33522 August 2020
This one is amazing in sheer badness ! If you wanna laugh at a really bad movies this is it !

The plot is non excistent, the camera work sucks big time, the actors are useless and when the "dragon" shows up you just scream out loud in laughter to the bad CGI

So grab a few bears, get your friends togheter and have a good time

It doesnt get any better / lower than this one
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.