Law Abiding Citizen (2009)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong bloody brutal violence and torture, a scene of rape, and pervasive language|
Sex & Nudity
- When they are going to arrest him, he is completely naked. No genitals seen.
- The reason that Gerard Butler is killing people is because a man raped and killed his wife. We do not see a rape scene, but it is implied.
- A woman is seen lying on a mattress, appearing to be asleep. She's wearing a thong and her butt is shown, but not in closeup.
- In a sequence, the main character removes all of his clothing, but the scene is dark, and only his bare chest and backside are shown. He is seen shirtless shortly after too, in bright light.
Violence & Gore
- The violence is frequent, fundamental and strong in this movie, but usually not very graphic. However, several scenes are more intense and graphic in the director's cut.
- There is a scene where a man is receiving the death sentence via lethal injection. The man screams in pain and agonizes for a few minutes before dying, because the mixture was incorrect. His body is tense and stained, and the veins become bloody red.
- In a sequence, a man is prepared for torture by another man. He's tied up and paralyzed, and gets several injections. The other man begins the torture by cutting his leg, but this's offscreen, and the scene ends there. Later, his corpse is shown cut in different pieces, having been severed with different objects (saw, knife, cutter, etc.) The body is seen on a table, and the head on another table, but neither are in closeup. However, the torture scene is graphically discussed and explained later on.
- A man is stabbed repeatedly in the neck with a steak bone. We see a lot of blood on the wall. The man who killed him is shown completely drenched in blood.
- A man buried underground is shown dead.
- Some gun shots kill a few people.
- Pictures of a dead child are shown.
- A man is punched several times in the face, then spits blood.
- Several explosions occur, killing numerous people in their cars.
- A woman is shot in the head, and lots of blood is shown on the floor (graphic).
- A man is hit in the head with a baseball bat, and then twice in the ribs as he is lying on the floor.
- 63 F-words, one is mouthed (and it's derivatives), pervasive uses of "asshole", "damn", "hell", and some of "shit", "balls", and one of "penis", not said in a sexual way.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some drugs are seen in a man's apartment and on a woman's bed.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This movie is focused on violence, murder, revenge, and one man's twisted sense of justice.
- People bothered by violence and sickened by torture might find some scenes disturbing.
- Although the torture sequence is not shown in detail, the setup is very intense and suggestive; also, a DVD of the sequence is sent to a little girl later on and she views it (also suggested and not shown).
- The death of a certain woman is very sudden, unexpected, intense, and graphic.
- A man picks up a little girl and takes her into another room. It's implied that he kills her.