Lift (2021) Poster

(III) (2021)

Lift
santhosh-102902 October 2021
Good Movie. Everybody acted well in the movie. BGM in the movie was good. The movie was interesting and thrilling at 1st half. Good Movie.
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Normal ghost movie..!
kamalbeeee1 October 2021
A guy who is newly joined in IT Company trap into office at night shift along with his HR lady.. Then he try to escape from that office and ghosts...soonly he find out the truth behind the ghost.. Very normal ghost movie with no jump scares.. But good social message for IT people... Once watchable movie..!!
3 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lengthy horror thriller, one time watchable
m-ramanan3 October 2021
RATED 6/10 Language: Tamil Source: Hotstar

One time watchable horror thriller. First half is so good and moving in good pace... the second pace becomes bit repetitive and becomes slow. The flashback story is good and good social message but that is not justifying for the movie flow.

The length is another bit problem, lot of shots made in lengthy way... if the length is reduced by 25 mins, this could have been more enjoyable Climax is good and concluded with satisfied way...
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very engaging from start to end
rish20064 October 2021
I'll start to say that this is not really a horror movie but you can it a suspense thriller movie. Brilliant cinematography and Background score to make this a class movie. All actors acted well. This movie is very engaging and worth a watch for its good concept and content. And of course for its social message.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Foolish effort
i_lalindra15 October 2021
Rather than focusing on Lift, it has so many unnecessary stories fills with overacting. The name itself not matching to the film.

The curiosity kills which audience expect in this kind of a movie with a plain explaination at last. And horror is ending with a funny dance.

Movie could have been shorten with cutting out unnecessary scenes.

Finally it is not delivering what you expect.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oru time pakalam - One time watch
daretosmileonce2 October 2021
2nd October 2021, Disney + Hotstar

Indian directors directing horror films tend to forget one crucial thing - horror doesn't rely much on cheesy jump scare scenes, heavy breathing or poor CGI of flying toes, horror is when the audiences are knit up with the characters on screen. The audience should know the character, they should root for him, they should atleast try to connect to him.

Though 'lift' - the brand new OTT (?!) horror film from Hotstar shows decent attempts of making a successful horror film, the movie goes down in the character development department. The audience were never given a chance to explore the personas of the lead characters, were never explained the circumstances of one scene leading to another and were never given a proper opportunity to even learn the name of the characters.

Bad pacing - that's what it is. While we think that some of the scenes should have never made it to the film's final cut, we also feel that some other scenes could've been a lot longer. For instance, that scene where they watch the news about their impending death, the director could've allowed the characters to react properly first, before going all crazy. A little bit of suspense could've perfected the scene but the film makers made messes all over the film by making it too racy, like next, next, next, no time to reflect, no time to properly react, but to say cringe dialogues, we have all the time in the world.

Awful acting, dialogues and dubbing - especially Kavin's acting and dialogues would suit a comical genre more than horror. Bigil crush Amritha either can't act for sh#t or didn't want to put much efforts in it. (OTT?!). The scene where she cries over the fake death of Guru, so humorous. The kind of reaction you shouldn't get from a horror movie. Many a times, you can notice that since the director didn't plan properly and didn't give enough time for the dialogues, characters are fast reading or filling out details in one or two seconds. Failure.

The film is not an entire failure considering the social message it is trying to convey - the capitalistic and barbaric ethics of the IT service industry. It is true and awareness should be made about it. Although what the film shows is Tamil cinema triggered corporate villain themed exaggerated version of IT Industry, in reality it is just any other company that makes you work for days and pay for hours. We may thank the makers for the inclusion of such a theme that is not vastly explored, but remember that there are million reasons to survive than having few reasons to take your own life.

To sum up, Lift doesn't lift you up much. It's draggy at the boring parts and racy at the interesting parts. Definitely not worth of the time being alloted to it, but you can play it while cooking or doing other chores and watch it every now and then, for once.

• Vetrri

Parent's guide: A scene where we see a man and a woman fully clothed in a sexual position, it's obvious that they are indulging the act. The lead character smokes at the end of the film. There are throat slitting scenes and various scenes of committing su1c1des. A muted use of the Tamil swear word 'Punda' which means 'gunt'.
6 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A well written edge of the seat horror thriller 👌
mohamedshakir-034918 October 2021
I personally loved this movie because of different kind of horror thriller in kollywood. Kavin quite brilliant in acting as a debut hero and amrita too.

Overall a very good movie, must watch!
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good movie but because I don't like horror movies my rating 8/10
rifaimd1 October 2021
Good horror, thriller movie. Story is a great story The director has better told the atrocities that are going on for those who have studied IT. The screenplay was pretty awesome. Horror scenes were similar to a Hollywood movie. Kavin had an outstanding performance and his actions in many scenes were reminiscent of actor Vijay. Amrita had shown good acting. Overall a good movie lift.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A very normal story with some moments
manirsoffl1 October 2021
Well the cast is good enough for the story and the screenplay. Background score is good at some moments. After around 45 mins its getting bored for sometime and then its lifting up again so it actually up and down screnplay after all. Yet the horror elements are great and end story falls totally. The story doesnt gives the justification for the horror elements. One time watcable. It wont be a big disappointment. Yet it disappoints at some places.
6 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watch after 11pm
sankalpoctober14 October 2021
I strictly recommend u all to watch at night,alone with headphones connected. Starting 1½ hour was soo scary and those sound effects were crazyy😍🔥. I literally got scared in few scenes. Few scenes from dis movie r based on real life incidents.

Good story, concept and cinematography. I really liked de concept of dis movie and even ders a good msg in this movie for IT sector and for all other employess working in private companies.

Kavin gave his best performance in dis movie, but.. Amrita iyer (heroine) didn't act propely, I wasn't satisfied by her acting. Rest everything was good.

My rating would be 7/10 coz of kavin and the horror vibes which I felt while watching de movie.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lift - An IT Crime
shaeshatriashwin2 October 2021
Review: A Seat Edging Thriller with Whats gonna Happen Next. Kavin Tremendous acting lifting this Movie. Great storyline/Screenplay/Camera work is Outstanding work similar like an Hollywood Horror thriller. Extraordinary Direction for a Debut Director. Music is a Second Hero for this Film Makes Hollywood Feel. Cute Amritha with good Acting. A Must Watch Film Really Missed in a Theatre

Verdict: Blockbuster in OTT platform.
7 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
LIFT: PERFECT HORROR THRILLER WITH A MESSAGE
skmenon19931 October 2021
Watching a Tamil Horror movie for the first time.... A perfect horror thriller.... Behind the thriller a social message which is very well required at this time had given.....

Story begins with Guru the lead role had been transferred from Bangalore to Chennai as TL of a specific project undergoes a adventure with a ghost and how he crossed the hurdle along with his Hr colleague Harini ( the heroine ) forms the rest part of the story...

BGM superb.... Sequences are properly executed thereby not loosing the thrill of the movie.....

Message behind this thriller, the politics in the corporate world and how the youngsters are being squeezed between their dreams and reality.....

A perfect weekend watch....
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just good
nareshkumarnaveen2 October 2021
Good movie for time pass nothing excellent if you watched horror movies in Hollywood and other languages it gives an ordinary experience other than general audience like this movie good work ny the team.
1 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice!
GuardedEdits13 October 2021
The movie was nice and intersting. A quite simple movie. Camera, Direction and acting was nice. Barely the last scene made little emotional. But it's a awesome movie.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lift is a gripping horror thriller after a long time.
iamsabharish4 October 2021
Lift review U/A Starring Kavin,Amritha Aiyer,Gayathri Reddy.

Rating=3.5/5 Positive 1. Kavin Acting 2. Amrita Decent performance 3. Thrilling 4. An engaging 1st half 5. Good visuals and cinematography 5. Different attempt 7. Music 8. Good Direction 9. Climax Average 1. Decent 2nd half 2. Story Negative 1. Lag 2. Logic Mistakes.

3. Weak Flashback Scenes Verdict=Lift is a gripping horror thriller after a long time.

Lift=Lift la ponga Sabharish G.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Almost scared me to death!!!
klaushutchinson5 October 2021
The only scary thing about this film was the horrific video clip at the end of the film. Almost scared me to death. What did I just watch!? A bunch of office workers having some kind of dance epileptic fits while a cheesy looking sleazeball creeps around them trying to sing. - Weird & honestly scary.

Will I ever be able to sleep again...
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superb making
ettanfan11 October 2021
Making was the one of merit of the film the director made it by very engaging nice work💯
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good movie but illogical at few scenes
bharatkumarchennai-788213 October 2021
It is a good horror based thriller movie.

But has some illogical scenes.

The movie hypes IT field and creates like IT is no 1 field in anything.

Music is very average

Actors could have acted better.
0 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No horror. But good message
victoryavignesh3 October 2021
Only because of the message, i like this movie. Horror??!🤣🤣🤣.. come on. I watched this movie when i was alone. No scenes made me scared. Better luck next time...
10 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Its matching
jojivadakara6 October 2021
Not a good movie but one time watchable movie never high expect its a ordinary movie.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lift don't bother this movie
hrishikeshcharkel2 October 2021
Please don't read others reviews it's all paid up.

Don't bother watching it .
11 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfect
satishfx3 October 2021
I really enjoyed watching lift, don't see the rating just watch and I guarantee you will not regret.
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kollywood enters ghost into IT field too.
SanjayWayne1 October 2021
I think this is the first IT ghost film I see in my life. The cast selection is good. Amirtha and Kavin played their role very well. The first movie moves very faster screenplay. In second half I feel a lag with some predictable. Over all one watchable.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Starts with a 8 and ends at 4!!!
ganesh-jayaraman15 October 2021
Excellent story when it started... by the time it came to the last act I was blaming myself for having wasted my time in this film... it is bad. Maybe the Director knows how to narrate a story, but the story itself was very weak... also - this should have been a 1.5 hour film.
Good Movie
suneeth-3135827 October 2021
ONLY ONE TIME I GOT SCARED....

ACTRESS GOT POSSESSED BY GHOST

REST OF ALL HORROR IS JUST LIKE NORMAL

GOOD THRILLER GOOD MESSAGE

GOOD TO WATCH RECOMMENDED 💥
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.