Who Killed Sara? (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

A fun ride
tommyrizzuto3 April 2021
I think some other reviewers who were quick to call this series awful are unfamiliar with the undying influence of the telenovela on dramas from Latin America. This show isn't going to win any Golden Globes because it's not meant to be Peak TV. It's meant to be entertaining, juicy TV! I enjoyed it quite a bit because once you accept it for what it is, you can navigate the twists and turns of the mystery without overanalyzing. I've definitely seen worse and had lots of fun while watching!
68 out of 83 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Trashy netflix telenovela
eleester29 March 2021
I had high hopes after reading the synopsis to this series. It had quite an interesting plot. But by the 3rd episode I realised that this was an absolute trashy of a show. The narrative tried to create a sense of unpredictable plot turns, but it ended up not making any cohesive sense. It was starting to show how cheap the script was and how shallow the characters motivation were. Throw in senseless sex scenes, clearly to boost viewership, which also goes to show the shallow production mindset too. In a nutshell, this is a 'polished' telenovela with bad plots and lacking any real conviction as a murder mystery. Skip i!
131 out of 179 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A sleazy entertainer
amitesh-jasrotia12 April 2021
A fast-paced show where most characters are deplorable and hide heinous secrets.

Even with all the unnecessary, b-grade sleaze thrown in, the show manages to keep you hooked. But just when you think you are nearer to the big revelation, the director moves the goalposts, leaving you with a tantalizing feeling.

The show has its fair share of plot-holes and absurdities, too. Would you ever expect a person to turn into a computer genius - capable of designing cloning apps, hacking into CCTV camers - after they have spent 18 years in a Mexican prison? No? This show makes it all possible.

A discernible viewer will likely switch over after one or two episodes. A large majority like me, will go on for the sake of cheap thrills.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watchable crap!
jiballini644 April 2021
Lots of sex for the sake of it and not really for any part of the story with many a naked buttock thrown in. The story is a bit all over the shop with really bad baddies, some terrible acting (especially the Radolpho character), a dopey "goodie", a gay couple (of course), a curious teenager and an evil mother. It's rubbish but can fill a few hours.
48 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good show with a plot breaking duh
fateswebb28 March 2021
The show is about a guy who spent the last 18 years in prison..

And he is now an elite hacker that can hack cellphones and computers and type at 140 wpm..

Except when he went into prison computers and cellphones were not even really a thing. Computers were very basic and computer hacking wasn't even invented yet, there was no internet etc.. and cellphones also you would have had NO reason to hack someone cellphone.

But somehow the guys is an expert. Complete nonsense. And laughable.

So it makes absolutely NO sense at all.

But if you can look past that glaring stupidity of the plot.. it's actually a really good show.
84 out of 124 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really bad Telenovela
qui_j28 March 2021
This is your usual Mexican Telenovela masquerading as a murder mystery. The usual Tele characters are present e.g wealthy but evil and ruthless "Patron", his scheming wife, useless Scion son, and a few poor friends and relatives. The acting is insufferably bad, and the wigs and toupees even worse! This is standard telenovela fare where there's a lot of crying in every scene....it's just mandatory! The newer telenovelas like this one have also started to use Gay characters but they are not usually portrayed in a good light. The editing is choppy and makes no sense, as do many of the plot twists which require the viewers to suspend every bit of logic and intelligence! One has to wonder where Netflix finds these really silly series....and even worse, decides to stream them globally!
81 out of 120 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tones of clichés and terrible acting
jjntavares2 April 2021
Very bad plot. No realistic characters and poor dialogues. Lots of clichés and stereotypes.

And above all, terrible acting.

Summing up: bad, very bad.
47 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just Because You Have Financing Doesn't Mean You Can Make Movies
AudioFileZ31 March 2021
A lot is missing here. It's not budget particularly, but substance. This story is stupid and the amateur acting is even worse. I did not think I could watch the entire first episode. I did however because it was approaching the morbid curiosity level. I suffered another episode just to see how bad this would go. I wasn't disappointed in it's downward spin. I'd look at dirt about as enthusiastically as this movie.
38 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bonkers!
performancehuntershow31 March 2021
The guy starts his all out revenge from his old family house that his entire enemies know, gave it one episode, that's it moved on.
55 out of 86 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WHY THE HATE?!
chtsimone22 May 2021
I sincerely don't understand these bad reviews. It is a telenovela, this is how telenovelas go, it's our guilty pleasure. If you want Oscar worthy content, then watch Oscar worthy movies, don't go and watch a telenovela and expect something else. And this is actually a very interesting one with good twists. Truthfully trying to save an underrated effort of the people who worked on this.
20 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sex, have some?
chiaraa26 March 2021
This Mexican - and not Spanish as someone said - production could be the usual crime/family saga story, nothing new but ok to spend a few hours without thinking too much.

But... some unbelievable elements (how the main character had access to evidence and information on his own case while in prison?) and a lot, I mean, LOT , of useless sex scenes, not even remotely interesting under an aesthetic or erotic point of view, ruin everything and make you rush to reach the end, have the guilty revealed and turn the tv off.
54 out of 87 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Completely absorbing but a bit unbelievable
annakillick25 March 2021
This is a Spanish whodunnit in the thriller/suspense category. I watched the whole season in one night because I was completely gripped by the cliffhangers at the end of each episode. There is a lot of drama, a ridiculous amount of sex (too much), some unbelievable dialogue and events. But very binge-worthy. Creo que QMAS es una programa con muchas misterios.
34 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Its not repetitive but an unexpected murder mystery.
Nand160627 March 2021
A interesting plotline. The cast is very attractive. The plot is not copied from somewhere. The representation of the lgbtq community is good. Ignore the negative reviews and its not always neccesary to watch something relatable. Watch it for murder, mystery. Waiting for Season 2.
40 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dark, twisted, unpredictable excellence
info-33728-3004025 March 2021
I wasn't fully sold on the series in episode one, but it definitely held my interest to continue watching which has been an unstoppable binge fest. The twists are so well done.

Just when you think the deplorable characters couldn't get any worse, my goodness. All actors did fantastic with their roles. The writing, directing and camera work also excellent. It is also really quite dark and twisted. I am surprised there isn't a trigger warning at the beginning, because this really touches on real life in so many varying ways. Really excellent writing to put all that together!!

I need season 2 right now!
61 out of 106 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well, where should I start???
rklemm0526 March 2021
OMG... It's soooo bad on every single level that it almost reaches a point of twisted pleasure...

I think I haven't seen so much absurdity, incoherence, and plain dullness since some afternoon telenovelas from the 80's. And not all of them stooped to that level. The writing, the acting, the editing... I don't know whether I should laugh or cry and pray for a quick, soothing death...

Literally nothing makes sense, you can't believe the first thing about the so-called "plot". Far-fetched doesn't start to cover it, it's a sh..show if I ever saw one.

Who green-lit that?
48 out of 82 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very entertaining!
bpuccia8719 April 2021
It's your typical Mexican crime/thriller series with the evident influence of telenovela. Acting wasn't the best, although Eugenio Siller (who plays "Chema") did really good in my opinion. Everyone else did mediocre to "ok". Good storyline, good dialogue, a bit cliche at times but all in all the show served its purpose; kept me entertained and interested in watching the next episode.

It's not the best series, but I rated this an 8, although I understand ratings as low as 6. Anything lower than that is just people hating on it for no evident reason. You can't possibly expect every series to be the next Breaking Bad.
15 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice fusion of telenovela with mystery
alex20212 May 2021
I'm not a mystery fan, but excited by this series. Obviously, this is a nice fusion of Latin telenovela with mystery and has good taste.
16 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Highly recommended
samzy-884265 April 2021
Can't wait for the second season!! :) I was sucked in from the very first minutes.
22 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Enjoyed It!
brittjohn-5187225 March 2021
Was bored so watched this in a day. Had fun with these diabolical characters. I can't wait for season 2!
33 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How can anyone say this is good
cliffhanger-906463 April 2021
I'd give this zero stars but can't This show is horrible I am absolutely STUNNED that anyone could remotely find this good on any measure. I cannot determine which is worse the screenplay or the acting. The screenplay looks like it was written by a kid in high school. It's very superficial, with no complexity in the dialog as evidenced by short two to three sentences. Not that concise dialog isn't good, it can be fabulous but in this case it's just responsive verbage that doesn't expose depth of character, emotion or purpose. It's all reactive garbage. Then there's the acting which is just horrendous especially the guy who plays Rodolfo. I've seen better acting from puppets. I watched the first two episodes but pulled the plug half way through the third. I decided staring out my window was more compelling then this garbage. Lastly, my concern is this: what has happened to Netflix??
15 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good start
pablo_moriano5 April 2021
Nice start for a show full of plot twists, good performances and a perfect finale as cliffhanger for (I hope) a second season.
13 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible.
whitekae28 March 2021
I agree with every other negative reviews. Very silly plot. Disappointed.
20 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Alex the hacker
navidn137825 April 2021
For people complaining about Alex being a hacker not making sense, please remember in the very first few episodes in flashbacks showing the prison, he had worked in the computer section of the prison. There is like a little workshop where people get to fix computers and have access to networks and IT related things. So I guess he had learned the hacking tricks there.
14 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
bad
mehmet-1302029 March 2021
How someone can become a hacker in prison? Prisoners are not allowed to have even simple cell phones. Screens in casinos dont have sound. Why he is going back to his old house, doing all this hacking stuff there, where everyone knows that house? Isnt it obvious that they will find him there and beat/kill him? Wasnt he enough smart to base somewhere else?
21 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This a joke?
Generationbetrayed1 April 2021
I couldn't get past episode 2. In fact, I don't know why I even bothered watching a second epiisode. I rarely review anything, but this was horrid.
18 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.