A Very Charming Christmas Town (TV Movie 2020) Poster

A cute and enjoyable Lifetime Christmas movie...
toddsgraham20 November 2020
So, this is now my 4th Lifetime Christmas movie of the 2020 season, and it's second from the top. When I saw that Natalie Hall was one of the leads in the film, I was looking forward to seeing this one. I had seen her recently in a couple of cute (Hallmark) films: You're Bacon Me Crazy and Sincerely, Yours, Truly. Though this film was not as strong as those two, it was still entertaining. Natalie and Jon Prescott's performance were pretty good. Their chemistry was good at times, and other times, it was a bit off, but overall, not bad. The story is cute and enjoyable with some decent dialogue, though a bit 'cheesy' at times, as one would expect in a Lifetime romance movie. The supporting cast was great; I enjoyed Jo Marie Payton's performance as Estelle. The props, scenery and sets were well done, though the fake snow was quite obviously fake at times on the screen. The movie too instilled a bit of Christmas spirit and cheer, which is nice. Fans of Hallmark and Lifetime will no doubt enjoy this new edition to Lifetime's original Christmas movies.
19 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A schmaltzy pleasure
Sergiodave12 November 2020
I'm a lover of bad horror and Science fiction, but my guilty pleasure is romantic comedies and the like. This movie is the perfect example, perfect people in a perfect town with a completely predictable plot. Makes you feel good inside. Enjoy.
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cannot like Aubrey
legalese15 November 2020
"Exspecially" and "wind meal"? Really? Bad English is not a good actor/actress make.
14 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another Christmas blogger
Jackbv1239 November 2020
Almost every rom/com has to start with antagonism between the male and female lead. Unfortunately from my viewpoint, Natalie Hall went out of her way to make Aubrey into a witch, especially to Sawyer. Besides being nasty, she also doesn't have enough sense not to shoot off her mouth to strangers. That all eventually disappears and Aubrey becomes sweet and romantic.

I love Kelley Jakle but her character is at times a little over the top even for her. Her character, Laurel, is a bit unusual. She's not originally the lead's friend, but instantly becomes one. Because of the accelerated time frame of a TV movie, conversations often seem a bit strange how quickly they jump to being very personal.

Natalie Hall and Jon Prescott do develop chemistry after Aubrey loosens up. Hall's acting has moments that seem off, like one conversation where Laurel shares a personal tragedy. Hall and Prescott have a lot of screen time together which allows the viewer to watch the relationship develop.

The story is the usual blogger comes to town for a hit piece. And that progresses along the usual lines. It has a lot of the usual themes like baking cookies and a town festival. There's no great highs or low, or surprises. There's not much tension until the conflict pops up from a common blogger-themed misunderstanding. It's a pretty close copy to one of these movies I saw a few days ago. The resolution, however, is unusual, and sweet and a bit complicated.

With two talented singers in the cast, there's got to be at least one performance of an original song. Jakle's is actually a performance, maybe a little short. Hall is featured in a short recording that ends up backdrop for characters dancing.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sweet and Charming
jrbusiness-6449912 November 2020
I enjoyed this movie. It was sweet and charming. Predictable at times but I still enjoyed it.

I like the main leads and the supporting was good too.

I will probably watch it again.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not bad
dianamarinelli17 December 2020
I don't get the low reviews this was a good movie for lifetime standards it brings the cliche romances and Christmas spirit
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lead disappointing
sheahan-6989514 November 2020
The female lead Natalie Hall, is not likeable. The relationship between she and Jon Prescott is forced.
6 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nearly unwatchable, but couldn't look away
ADadandHusband9 November 2020
Not the best of the light hearted holiday movies out there. Writing didn't give much for the actors to work with, but everyone is happy at the end; albeit with an abrupt ending.
4 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Solvang Christmas movie
pattyobird15 November 2020
Easy to watch, very formulaic. My only beef is the constant referral of San Francisco as "San Fran" Nobody from San Francisco refers to it like that. Other than that, I loved seeing Solvang and recognizing all my favorite little shops. If you ever find yourself going doing the coast do yourself a favor and stop in Solvang for some sweets
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very Disappointing!
jagfannn11 November 2020
I really wanted to like this one because I'm a big fan of both Natalie Hall and Kelley Jakle, but it was difficult to watch. It was an interesting story but it became predictable very quickly. I also found the dialogue to be syrupy sweet, silly and cringe worthy. The chemistry between Hall and Prescott seemed on and off, some times their interaction was smooth and believable and other times, it was stiff and rigid. I'm also sorry they had a wonderful singing talent like Jakle there and failed to let her shine a little more.
4 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved this
mitchellrharl10 November 2020
Chemistry between 2 leads amazing Natalie and Jon the best music and scenery perfect Parents should look older than their grown kids though
2 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Painful
joannaegart13 December 2020
Not charming at all. Should've switched off the moment she "fell" into the gutter. The acting was wooden and not believable. The script writing was simple and lacklustre. The sets are completely ridiculous - was that snow or quilters bunting? There is no chemistry between the lead actors. Was looking for a bit ofChristmas warmth but this was so clumsy I had to turn it off. If the ending was good I'd never know but can wager this:- she ended up returning to songwriting producing a super cheesy song and wrote a positive review of the town while he, well he found the one that stuck. I'll tick yes for containing spoilers just in case.
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Snow in Solvang?! NOT
bikermom-2619321 November 2020
Typical mushy gushy movie! Predictable but....who cares!? The only thing is that it rarely I mean rarely snows in Solvang. Don't care for the phony snow! If you go there eat at Arnie's! Has best abelskievers and reubens on the planet! We only live about an hour away! Love the movie anyway! :)
1 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Christmas in Solvang
amyrenea-0708911 November 2020
I really enjoyed this movie! I loved watching Aubrey and Sawyer fall in love, and her friendship with Laurel was fun to watch! You could tell Natalie Hall and Kelley Jakle are friend in real life! I thought Laurel and Hayden were Precious! Kelley and Mark Hapka are together in real life, and you can tell. The way Hayden looks at Laurel when she sings the end was not acting!
1 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.