The Boys (TV Series 2019– ) Poster

(2019– )

1,928 Reviews
My Antidote to Marvel and Co.
iGlad26 July 2019
Having being all superheroed out with the never ending train of films this is so much welcome relief. It's not for kids and I love the choice language which is appropriate.
1,336 out of 1,529 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unexpected
g-f-dean26 July 2019
Excellent dystopian reimagining for Superhero nerds. Surprising, violent, always twisting. Binge-watched in 2 days! So glad for a second season, though will be so impatient! Thumbs up.
929 out of 1,068 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's 4am
willfrith26 July 2019
Started watching this brilliant spin on a superhero show after dinner. Now it's 4 am and I have just watched the whole thing.

From the very first episode I was glued to this exciting, interesting and crazy ride.
725 out of 834 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Definitly one of the best series this year
juliankammueller26 July 2019
First it's just a very interesting take on the whole superhero genre. But there's also a lot more. Great actors, great storyline and very nice picture. I guess for me it's the best superhero series yet, followed by Titans and Umbrella Academy.
735 out of 880 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Anti-superheroes becoming our saviours
giannis_daze22 May 2021
This show is a remedy to the super hero culture.

Revitalising, violent, quick-witted and anti-pop.

It's not afraid to pull the curtain of our hypocritical society.
14 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just... Wow. Dark, funny and gripping.
toxicity-7905426 July 2019
Just finished watching the four first episodes. The pilot has to be one of greatest pilots I've ever seen. It has everything and I was hooked immideately. And it keeps getting better. I didn't know I needed this. It's really bold and a fresh wind for TV.
483 out of 596 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Super hero reality check in affect
ernieb-2191828 July 2019
Want to see what it would really be like with super heroes around? Check this out! No kids play here folks....not for kids. Best damn series on right now....about time!
302 out of 398 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
About time
nuddywizz1 August 2019
With all these awful shows like supergirl and legends of tomorrow etc..The Boys is the perfect antidote to that insipid moralistic tripe that's spewed our TVs so thank you Amazon Prime for treating us like adults and I can't wait for the second season
266 out of 350 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
UNIQUE STORYLINE
jainrushabh-3061623 May 2021
We all have always watched many super hero shows and movies where there is a general assumption that super-heroes are gonna protect people and save them form the evil. But its DIFFERNET in THE BOYS! Super Heroes are corrupt and a group of men (the boys) take charge to bring a change in how people see their so called super heroes. The show involves a lot of abusive language but I think its fine as the intensity is almost every time high . The show is dark in a way, but the viewers will definitely enjoy as its gets more and more INTENSE.
9 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Check it out. You will be surprised.
royelozano26 July 2019
Great twist on the superhero genre. The story is well written. The acting is good. Definitely an entertaining series.
287 out of 386 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Super Series
scorpionfangpire30 July 2019
When I first heard of 'The Boys', I thought it would be your standard superhero series, but when I actually watched it, I discovered I was dead wrong. After 15 minutes of the first episode, it was impossible to stop watching. It was a more believable take on what the world would look like if superheroes were flying around today, with characters that were unforgettably unique. There were times when I thought that the 'good guys' were the 'bad guys', and times when I thought the 'bad guys' were the 'good guys'. But in the end, I found that there weren't any 'all-good' or 'all-bad' characters, but 'all-human' characters, sometimes with more-than-human abilities. It's a super series, definitely worth your time.
197 out of 264 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fairly unique
ashwil-6983826 July 2019
Bad superheroes have been done before, but not like this. Very entertaining.
279 out of 386 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great & different take on superheroes
sahebabdullah23 May 2021
TheBoysTV After some initial slow paced episode season 2 of the The Boys picked up well in last few episodes, love the rivalry between Homelander & Butcher. S1 was awesome.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Big things for Homelander
gemfesty28 October 2019
Can't say I recall seeing Anthony Star in any films (and I'm an Aussie) but his performance as Homelander is really something else - someone give him an award. Can't wait for next season, and more projects with Star.
116 out of 159 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ba-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-nannas!
Her-Excellency15 October 2020
EXCELLENT first season.

Incredibly, an even better second season.
65 out of 89 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thumbs up for season 2
FattyBoomBatty11 June 2021
Seems to be really hitting it's stride with season 2. After the UK series of Misfits this has to be the best tongue in cheek bunch super-c__ts.

As Butcher would say, 'all those pompous, eye-liner wearing, emo tw__ts who moan about series 2 can go hide back in their Nazi cellars'.
The greatest superhero show
israelalelei-534417 June 2021
One of the greatest superhero shows ever made, that reveal the sad truth about people abusing of his powers.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best shows on amazon right now
aidan-3628829 May 2021
This is one of the most compelling and addicting shows I have seen. It has a sort of realist look on what celebrities act like behind the scenes and that not everyone is as perfect as they seem.
Top 2 Best of 2019
aaroncelestin6 August 2019
2nd only to HBO's Chernobyl.

This series is dark, gritty and gripping. From the very first scene you know right away that this isn't the MCU or DC or even the Watchmen. It's somehow darker and even more twisted and yet, still inexplicably grounded in reality.

That's the appeal of this show.

Not that the heroes are really villains, though some of them are quite evil, they're just broken by the system that created them... just like the rest of us.

Watch it, I promise you that you will not be disappointed.
113 out of 167 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best of 2019
gman-5587027 July 2019
Finally something new and fresh from the stereotypical drivel being jammed down our throats for the past couple of years. None of the clichés either. Dark,gory hilarious, ethically mind bending. Like how far would you twist justice to serve your needs, what price would you be willing to pay for revenge is it worth losing your humanity? All this mixed into a beautiful first season. Can't wait for more. A definite must watch epically if you enjoyed titles like Titans.
153 out of 231 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Incredible!
DiCaprio-HardyFan16 June 2021
There's nothing more that I can really say about The Boys that hasn't already been said. It's just a flat out awesome show! It's easily become one of my favorite new shows in years! I binged the entire first season in just a few days when it first came out and rewatched it again for the second time before Season 2 came out. I was expecting a little bit of a drop off for Season 2 after how great Season 1 was and there is a little one but the show is still very good! It takes everything you loved about Season 1 (the violence, humor, heart, craziness, character development, etc.) and takes it all to a new level! This show has such an original take on the Superhero genre that is both exciting and hilarious! I can not recommend this show enough...so just go watch it!
Amazing
I started this show Sunday I thought it was going to be mid but I finished it in 2 days it's so good.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
After all we've all had enough of super-heros
FattyBoomBatty11 June 2021
Maybe not adhering to the Ennis comic entirely, but a great watch, especially for those who are fed-up with studios blowing good money (that could be used to make something decent) on yet another super-hero franchise. Ironic, I know.

After Misfits, this is probably the best antidote out there.
Absolutely bang on!!
djbeatmapper8 June 2021
Really love this show!

One of the best TV shows to come out in recent years.

Waiting for season 3!
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great loved the whole series
ammitoje7 June 2021
The performance of the butcher and homelander characters are mind blowing.