The Lincoln Lawyer (2011)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 15 items
|MPAA||Rated R for some violence, sexual content and language|
Sex & Nudity
- The main plot of the movie is tracking down a sexual predator, and the evidence of his crimes are shown with sexual images and flashbacks. Women prostitutes are seen at nightclubs in low-cut tops and short skirts, lightly kissing and caressing male customers- to tempt them into sex. No nudity.
- A divorced couple kiss, strip down to the upperbodies, and caress. They go to a bed and continue caressing. No nudity is seen.
- One stripper dances on a (clothed) man's lap. Due to the dialogue, we know they later have sex. There is no nudity.
- Mick and others crudely mention sexual encounters that involve main characters.
Violence & Gore
- Flashbacks show an unknown male rapist assualting a woman by hitting, kicking, dragging, and slamming her around. Furniture smashes, vodka bottles break over people's heads, and people are beaten.
- A woman is shown afterward, with some brusies and cuts on her face.
- A gang roughs up an unsavory character by kicking him and whacking him with baseball bats to hospitalize him.
- A older woman shoots a man, he shoots her back.
- The dead body of a man is briefly seen, blood seen slightly around his head.
- Through a informative flashback, woman's corpse was seen being stabbed repeatedly though briefly
- 5 uses of "fuck". Many uses of "shit", "ass", "asshole", etc.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Drinking throughout. Mention of drugs.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The last half of the movie gets intense.
- Several discussions of mutilation and attacks on women that may disturb.
- Talk of rape throughout.