Anupamaa (TV Series 2020– ) Poster

(2020– )

Showing working women in such a poor light- Stop screaming women empowerment if you really don't mean it! Such a Regressive show!!
sj-4106218 June 2021
It again tries to instil the notion that women need to be superhumans in order to exist in this society. Why can't they just be normal humans?

Just to portray housewives in a better light, the makers are belittling working women and showing them in a poor light. According to them, working women are no good unless they can cook, do household chores, and slog day in & day out. Men in the show on the other hand are all pampered kids and can do nothing themselves and only make demands and order.

In a world where women today are achieving great feats, judging them on standard age-old parameters is doing them no good. Also, men in the real world today actually understand this and equally shoulder household chores something completely unseen in the show till date.

Hope the makers gain some sense and don't try to idolise a 'typical bahu' and a 'typical son' in an Indian society.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible
poojaryradha29 January 2021
I saw good reviews and started to watch it. Couldn't get past the first episode. The first scene is cringe worthy. She is taking breakfast for grown adults in their rooms, why on earth? The grown up kids can't cook and even worse disrespect her. 15 minutes of this trash is all I could bear.
30 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Non sense show it is
samriddhi-612266 February 2021
Non sense show it is ... Just hate it I don't know how it has highest trp this show's story has no logic just scrap it is
36 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cringe and Illogical show
adityaady-349784 October 2021
This show is super cringe specially the main character anupama her habits are beyond normal , her dilouges consists just long lectures with no action . They potray her like saint who has all the knowledge in this world related to every situation. I watched this because my family told me it is morality based show which is non sense . All the makers did to try and gain sympathy by making everyone villian except anupama and her well wishers .

Everyone in this show have their amount of faults except anupama who somehow became perfect after the betrayal from her husband. She gives 10 min of lecture in 20 min show.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I want my mom to stop watching this
nischayjain0710 June 2021
The show is so toxic with continuous milking of sympathy and immature taunting. It has a false lens of looking progressive. The show only starts and ends with injustice happening to Anupama and her giving righteous taunts to everyone else, while playing the role of "victim of the world".

At first you would think the show is trying to shed light on the burden of Indian house wives, of being taken for granted and neglected. But this show only makes for unwanted drama and taking everything too far. I don't know if the show writers understand how negatively the show effects the country, since it has effected my mom so much already.

If you tried to look hard and find some morality in this show, it will astonish you because there is none at all. All you can find in this show was mocking and taunting, with a narcissistic victim act.

All the shows and movies and art form on the planet are trying to get us together, towards better concepts of love and family and life, while only few shows like this do enough damage to ruin any progress they do to the society.
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Serving regressive thought under cover of women empowerment
minakshijan25 June 2021
Very systematically teaching women to be a slave of husband and in laws, where as our culture always taught a husband and his wife complete each other, neither of them are a master nor a slave. Where as in this serial they are showing whatever you husband does he is your God. And although you come to know about his adultery or you take divorce, but if you in laws are willing to keep you with them along with your cheater husband and his new wife for their convenience, you must keep your self respect aside and stay there and serve for them. The writer manipulates all the characters just to justify and make the protagonist look perfect and God like. For example, Katya who used to shiver at the thought of how should would face Anupama if she ever found out about their affair. The same women now fights with her in the most ridiculously childish manner. That's on character growth. The protagonist is so unrealistic. She works more than a gennie and expects the same from others as well. And if they don't do so, the serial protagonist it as a negative trait.

Writer is trying to convince the audience that whatever your husband does as a good empowering woman you must fulfill the need of his family.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nonsense
sujatakaladagi20 March 2021
She does a lot for this family and they pretend to care but make her stay by emotionally blackmailing without respecting her dignity. I lost the respect for this main character when she stayed. Every time she opens her mouth feels like she is not real and bores with her lecture before coming to the point. This is not the character who would bravely face the situation with dignity and self respect.

Toshu is the worst character and I can't believe Kinjal would like to stay with this idiot. Who would like to spend rest of their life with a person who would not even stand for such a mother who sacrifices everything.
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Indian TV space is never going to get better than this
samikjainmgg11 June 2021
It is a terrible and unbearable show based on the same concept from the 90s which has been continued till now. This has to end somewhere. Indian TV space never fails to disappoint.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Showing idiotic
umeshk-380163 October 2020
First of all, let me tell you. No family members behave with their mother like this. Secondly, a man is having GF when his elder son is going to get married and that than man doesn't love his wife after having 3 kids from his wife. Really idiotic story. No woman on this planet is so innocent so can allow her husband's friend to be entered in her house. Really idiotic. Even all kids in this age are also idiot when they are seeing such incident and not objecting to save their mom. Pls stop all non sense and turn story to positive mode.
43 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dumb & Idiots show, Garbage
Chaudhari_M20 June 2021
First of all, let me tell you. No family members behave with their mother like this. Secondly, a man is having Girlfriend when his elder son is going to get married and that than man doesn't love his wife after having 3 kids from his wife. Really idiotic story. No woman on this planet is so innocent so can allow her husband's friend to be entered in her house. Really idiotic. Even all kids in this age are also idiot when they are seeing such incident and not objecting, defending to save their mom. I think Writer is idiot, no positive story.
13 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lot of negativity in this current covid scenario
delnaazmistry28 April 2021
I have been watching Anupamaa since the time it started. Initially it was good and interesting but lately I get so fed up listening to Anupamaa lectures that I skip all her dialogues. Her character is so damn irritating . She acts so dumb allowing her husbands hf to enter the house . All rubbish shown . I just like some character and that is Kavya, She has some sense atleast. Also instead of making the serial light hearted, the writer has included some deadly disease which Anupama gets, in the latest episodes.

I urge people to stop watching this serial as it's full of lectures and lectures and lectures by Anupamaa and now the deadly illness.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Want to give negative. Anupama is no saint. She took revenge from her ex husband by forcing him to marry monster Kavya. She proved that she even hated her in-laws by doing so
tanshree8 May 2021
Everything is pathetic in this show especially Anupama. She got married when she was in grade 12th. That means she had all scope to learn in family if not in school. Her children went to A grade schools. She chose to talk like stupid. Even Baa talks better. Mothers in their 70s too learnt to talk like grand children. Anupama sounds damn irritating. Her voice makes me mute the show. This is unreal. I know people who got married when they were 13-14 (eg. Grandparents) but even they learnt basic pronunciations. What's up with forever dumb Anupama who suddenly became wisest of all. Wiser than Baa and Babuji. Get divorce as that's important and right but for heaven sake stop glorifying the dumbness becharapun and then sudden intelligence. Overnight ?!? I mean what rubbish. I hate this show to the core. Worst than Gopi Bahu.
16 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very unrealistic show ever made
shubhsoni-003433 July 2021
A very unrealistic show ever made in the Bollywood industry and makers should.improve the show story and the characters are so. Bad and un realistic this show is focused for the indian housewifes and makers should improve the quality of story.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Silly and outrageous
prasadenc13 February 2021
Pls stop making such shows for God sake. Learn something from Sony Liv. Scam and Gullak. Try to atleast get close to it. Be honest.
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stop the boring roll of summer and nandini
rajasthanvk14 April 2021
This drama is okay: But I think the biggest Idiot of this sirial is Samar and Nandini, both of them should be removed from this serial, then this serial can go ahead.

Whenever the role of these two comes, I turn off the TV. The role of these two makes me quite bored.

The most beautiful and sweet in this serial is Kinjal who is also beautiful in appearance and his acting is also very good.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst show
palom-1974910 March 2021
Just worst show and over acting and no logic and story line such bad that even my Dog can write proper story then this and just watch anime like attack on Titan and deathnote not this worst show
12 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst Show Ever - It give me a headache
aryansinghdevara-5558911 August 2021
It highlights the negetive aspects of a family relationship.

We have to accept the human nature of ourself and our family member, but in this show they burn those situation and rub it in each other nose.

And after some point it is even cliche.

The storyline is either sweet as sugar or hot ghost pepper.

It is like projectile vomit direct on my eyes.

BC iske karand mere ghar me klesh hone chalu ho gae !!
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Old storyline with dumb and non realistic portrayal.
rrdeo2218 January 2021
Very old concept portrayed with same old slow speed and non-realistic way. Family members are having filmy dance on every occasion and dialogs are dumb.
14 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Band karo😭🙏🏻
gauravnagdev6 September 2021
Please band karo iss show ko, meri Modi ji se guzarish hai ki ye show band karwaya jaye please 😭🙏🏻
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Misrepresentation of bank loan fraud
akritiakki-0951023 August 2021
Hi, this complaint is regarding Anupama Serial. In the recent episode we see that Anupama apply for a loan of 20 lacs and fraud happens with her in which money is transferred to some other account. First of all it is not possible because while transfering loan money to any account it is bank duty to verify that the account belongs to person who is applying for loan. So this is total misrepresentation regarding bank loans. We viewers are educated so stop making us fool by showing these rubbish things. Show sensible things plz. Like the women empowerment episode shown on Kinjal was good but this bank loan fraud thing is totally rubbish.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seems like watching a old 90's movie
nsingh-632424 October 2020
I think ITV really needs to see what's actually happening in the real world. Gone are the days where a woman was not treated Well and obviously these storylines existed in the 90's movies. But the time has changed and women are not treated like furniture. What kind of message is passed to the society by this content. Rupali Ganguly is a versatile actor and she carries the role very well, but highly disappointed with the content.
17 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Utterly Disgusting
samikjainmgg14 September 2021
This show is utter nonsense. This is a prof that the Indian TV space will never evolve and stick with the same story. I will never understand how this show managed to score such good TRP

The haunting fact is that this isn't even the worst show airing on the TV right now.

Somehow people feel relieved after a lecture from Anupama and Chacha Ji (Taarak Mehta ka olta Chashma)

Most of the good performers and creators have adapted to OTT and they are making far better content than TV.

I don't think that we will ever be able to make content at par with the International standards.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a gud show
sapnamanojtv3 October 2020
Storylune of this serial is not gud..this show is not for youth,old typical sas bahu drama..bakwas show..not gud content in the show...
20 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Anupama:The third wave of covid in India
tanaymohan12 June 2021
I don't know why they make these serials and these serials have no story...Pls don't see this i have also not seen this but have heard about this virus from my knowns...pls use headphones and black goggles to prevent this virus enter ur body.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't let your mom watch this show
mithileshdhumale8 June 2021
Don't let your mom watch this show if she hasn't already that is.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.