Attached: Paranormal (2021) Poster

Estimated movie budget: $10.98
The_Swedish_Reviewer8 November 2021
Based on the quality of the movie, let me try to break down what may have been included in the budget:

Fake blood - $5.99 (Walmart)

Piece of incense - $1.00 (Dollarstore)

Low-end tripod - $3.99 (Amazon)

Total estimated cost: $10.98

Other free items/props/equipment used in this production:

The wife's lipstick (scary writing on the wall), built-in mobile phone camera, the family cat, fishing line for bedcover and kitchen door, a retired wall picture/mirror.

Oh I forgot pizzas for the friends as payment for their unforgettable performances as a news anchor, "guy" and exorcist.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Who Approves These Movies???
chad-6131315 November 2021
Over the past decade, the spook genre has been taking a beating - one disappointing film after another. But now I'm curious. I want to know who sat down in front of a screen, watched this whatever you wanna call it and said, "Oh wow, this is awesome! You did a great job! This is going to be a hit for sure!" Seriously?? This film sucked. A dude sitting on a couch is not entertaining and that's when I turned it off. I would rather watch 2 turtles do a lap at Daytona than watch this trash.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pixie
mradarley-4766128 October 2021
Why didn't he ever check his own recorded footage? Unlike Paranormal Activity there is no menace here, no building of tension and unlike the characters in PA I found myself having zero empathy for this guy. I know the movie was probs done for a about $50 but the lack of reality can't be overlooked. The cat was there then it wasn't, his girlfriend never called or checked in, the cleanser was there about 5 minutes and purified the whole house? And as stated why oh why did he not check back the footage? If he had we might have then seen some emotional reaction and felt we were part of this thing. And the reason for his spook? Oh he went on a ghost walk to some old prison and got a funny feeling when he walked past one of the cells. Deary me. Sorry it's a big swing and a miss from me I still like the found footage genre but this is one that could have done with staying lost. When he finds the words 'death' written in the living room i assumed he was reviewing his own movie.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
the cat needed more screen time.......
geeza200627 October 2021
To any inspired movie directors out there, this is how not to make a found footage movie.

The acting is bad, the camera shots are bad and the direction is also bad.

When a movie is written, direcected and also stars the same person it tells you one thing its all about me me me, because it is literally 90 minutes of us watching him, at least the cat knew what he/she was doing.

And what was that ending all about, the evil spirit playing peekaboo with the camera........ Absolute waste of time.

Its a 1/10 from me and that goes to the cat which in my eyes needed more screen time.
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great cat footage.
neuroticpeacecorpse26 October 2021
It's a pity there wasn't more footage of cat Pixie. It's acting was quite good and very natural. The rest is one big cliche and has been done over and over before in much better movies.
15 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Inspired/copied??
shourovchakma26 October 2021
Has got similarities with Paranormal Activity and the Haunted by discovery Channel.

Acting was good n natural but man this movie is extremely slow and very much monotonous.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
And the Oscar for Best Cat Goes to...
dave-145-51526627 October 2021
Some great scenes of a sleepy guy wandering around his kitchen, pausing occasionally to eat cereal. Now and then he moves the camera and we see him napping on his couch or filming shower curtains.

Look, I admire DIY filmmaking, but the first 45 minutes, after 10 minutes of credits and definitions of tricky words like "ghost", consists of a cabinet door closing, a cat jumping around and a lovely wall wreath. And that's about it.

Dialogue includes 3 separate variations of "Well I gotta go to work. So I'm gonna eat something, leave the camera running, and see if we catch anything". That's probably all you need to know, folks.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yes, I liked the cat
cb-6437828 October 2021
I liked the cat. A lot. It was seeing things I did not see. All I could see was a guy sleeping on the couch or in his bed or a guy who just get out of his bed. But I kept watching because I really wanted to know what was going on.

But why is it that people in horror movies are recording but never look at what there is on tape?

Anyway. I liked the cat and although this is not a very great horror movie is is a nice watch.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Scared me because it seems so real
irishampton27 October 2021
I usually don't watch scary movies but I follow Bonnie Mercado and all her work. I'm happy to see her play a news anchor which she did amazing. I know that was hard as her voice is usually so bubbly & fun. Great to see a different role for her. The Dad was awesome as he seems so real and love how this was figured out during Covid. Can't wait for the next one but hopefully not scary. It is going to be hard to sleep tonight.
3 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very real
paigestewart-0561429 October 2021
Most movies you see especially horror these days you sit back and know it's only a movie. THIS movie had the exact feel of the great horror movies.which was a breath of fresh air.

Night of the living , The Blair witch trials, and possibly the first the exorcist. That's the feel Attached Paranormal gave me. After movie was over and great ending it was a little hard to go to sleep listening to every little noise and creak in my house so slept with lights on.

Paige S.

NJ.
1 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rubbish
mandiranabula27 October 2021
We've seen it all before in the Paranormal Activity series, it's recycled mostly from the first movie with the "scary" things that happen. Super predicable and an utter waste of time I'm more interested to know what happened to the cat.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Overall Pretty Good
rob-2156227 October 2021
Wow, I mean considering that this film was filmed during the covid shutdown when no one else was in production and being a very low budget film I think overall it was still pretty good. Acting wasnt bad, and it is a new storyline twist that I enjoyed.
4 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What did I watch bru
alanangulo28 October 2021
The sound of this mans bed was scarier then the movie itself. Waste of an hour and a half of my life.... Movie honestly doesn't even deserve 1 star. Honestly felt like I was watching a high school kids paranormal footage from his Samsung phone from 2010. Absolutely ridiculous.
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nothing Spooky Here
gromit-2607530 October 2021
The only horrifying thing about this boring movie is that they didn't fix that annoyingly creaky bed, no wonder he didn't sleep well. All I could think about was the noise it would make if both he and his wife were in it!
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste your time
hvhgfk4 November 2021
This gotta be the worst "movie" I've ever see. Someone said it's a school project and that's the best way to describe it.

There's nothing scary about it. Don't watch it trust me save your time.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not for everyone but good at end! Must watch entire film.
holtz-4957515 November 2021
This film is not for everyone because it has an old "slow" approach to filmmaking where you have to use your mind/imagination to fill the time almost like old films did. It is slow and somewhat boring up until the half way point but then it actually picks up and gets kind of good. The way this movie is you must watch the entire film to get the whole picture. The climax is at the end which i think is the reason it is slow building up until the midway point. Overall I liked this movie and recommend it to viewers who are looking for a slower paced film in the horror/paranormal genre that does not have too much scary content. It is good for those who like just a little feeling of unknown. Although it is not really scary it does in my opinion follow a more realistic timeline and feel.

Ive seen big budget films much worse.
0 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surely a school project and not a real movie
nick-monger31 October 2021
This 'movie' has no story, no character development or anything scary. It has a cat and a noisy bed - that's it.

Not sure what we filmed it on...must have been a blackberry or something equally as bad.