As the Village Sleeps (2021) Poster

Looking for a Great Werewolf flick?!? This ain't it...
knightox17 August 2021
Anytime I see I a new movie that's come out which reportedly states it's about lycanthropes I begin to get my hopes up. After all werewolves are probably my favorite thing to watch coming out of Hollywood. Like I said, "I begin" then reality sets in and reminds how 90% of the few werewolf movies made these day plain SUCK.

"As The Village Sleeps" is no exception. From the very beginning you can see how cheaply it was filmed. The characters (who couldn't act) are all dislikable except for possibly the older, married couple. The writing was inconsistent with plot holes all over the place. People just went missing without any explanation. The special effects and make-up were high school level. And the conclusion will leave you saying "Seriously?!?".

Yeah this film is that bad and it's people like this that give this type of movie genre a bad reputation. Hopefully they'll move on to making zombie flicks. They can try to peddle their fare there in that flooded market.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Such a worst
biswashok29 July 2021
Really every thing is at worst level..actings,plot cinematography etc.

Boring movie.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Painful to watch
stoob0t29 August 2021
The only reason that I haven't rated this movie as a 1 is that the camera work and editing are reasonable enough.

That is where any praise at all ends.

The script is terrible and the acting is (on the most part) even worse. The plot is weak and any attempt to build tension fails dismally, partly but not completely, due to the ineffective score.

I can't stress enough: this isn't one of those films that is "so bad it's good". It's just plain bad.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Forget the acting, the other aspects of the movie work.
spookyspice10 August 2021
We open on a car pulling over to the side of a desolate road - the woman inside goes to bury something in the dirt and set it alight. Only to be disturbed and runs back to the car, the guy who was driving is missing and we hear ominous growling as she is dragged out of the car by an unseen force.

I went into this blindly and with that opening I assumed it was demons haha. I was wrong! What starts off as an indie film with questionable acting is actually a fun (bad but enjoyable once you find out what kind of bad) werewolf movie! Or is it?!

The main group are staying at a cabin on a Native Reservation when they decide to play a card game (I think it was either called Lynched or Townsfolk) which marks players as werewolves, civillians, a witch and a cat. Cut to the next scene where they're all waking up, seemingly drugged and realising that the game is real and they're being hunted. Through hazy memories and splitting up, some start to turn on each other, others banding together to try and figure out the mystery of whom the werewolf is to survive by sunrise.

I mentioned the questionable acting, and it is very questionable at that, however the werewolf makeup designs, film score and just plain wanting to find out who would end up being hunted next kept me watching.

As The Village Sleeps is out now on Prime Video!
0 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible. Don't waste your time
australiasia29 July 2021

This is a BAD movie seriously!
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
😖Not worth to watch...!
mekanik1623 June 2021
All actors are act horrible... No plot,no scare,no stories. Like students' project which is very low budget. Better you you watch Mr. Bean again and again...
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.