The Suite Life on Deck (TV Series 2008–2011) Poster

(2008–2011)

A successful spin-off
mrs-chatty27 May 2011
I, like another member that posted, am not in the targeted age group for this type of show, but I loved it! I feel Suite Life both shows were really funny youthful shows. It was nice watching the boys grow-up on screen. Being that I love useless facts and statistics I love knowing where I have seen faces before. Amazingly enough I realized these were the little boy in Big Daddy. Wow on how old you seem when you remember seeing them as very young kids and now they are entering adulthood. I especially liked the closing; it was one that I enjoyed and felt that was relevant to the entire plot of the show. Few shows have had final episodes that were good and explained the future of the characters.(still mad at Seinfeld's ending)I will miss laughing at the characters antics. It was a wonderful show.
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonderful
madisonishere27 November 2009
The show is amazing. The acting is really very good, the writing is great, and the look is very nice. The sets are pretty and the clothes are very cute. The story lines are captivating and the humor is impressive. The best show on Disney Channel.

To elaborate, the subtlety of the humor is terrific. Cole and Dylan Sprouse are wonderful actors, and they have a wide range.

Although the character London Tipton is sometimes a bit annoying, Brena Song plays her very well and makes her likable. Mr. Moseby is delightfully quirky and Phill Lewis plays him extraordinarily.

Bailey is cute and quirky as well, although sometimes her Kettlecorn stories aren't as humorous as they'd like to be. The new character Marcus is a treat and has a neat background.

The supporting characters are also splendid. Miss Tutweiller is funny and unique. Woody is very funny as well.

I recommend that episodes Mom and Dad On Deck, The Spy Who Shoved Me, and Lost At Sea.
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very Good
gameusesonly26 October 2008
This is a great add on. I really liked the show before they made on deck. And even though they took out some of the good actors they got new ones which weren't so bad. Cole and Dylan still do a great job on the show and keep there character as if its not supposed to be new. London is still kinda funny but a little more retarded in my opinion. The new actors are alright, there's bailey who's a pretty good addition kind of funny and pretty much the (hot) girl of the show, and then there's Woody who is pretty crazy and like a wild card. I was a little worried at first that they had said the show was going to be completely different. But its the same old Zack and Cody and the other actors that moved on which really made me happy. I also want to point out that I am sure a majority of kids are watching the episodes on the computer and not the T.V. so there are a lot of viewers. The Beginning theme is pretty catchy, like the suite life. Sometimes the jokes can be corny and the laughing background clip is unnecessary. But the show mostly makes me laugh. KEEP THE EPISODES COMING!!
32 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very funny! Good follow up!
wwehurricane1-126 September 2008
Just finished watching the premier episode. The show does have a different feel that the original, but is very funny. I won't give away any spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet, but so far, the show is off to a very good start. My honest opinion is that the first episode was funnier than most episodes of original and that's saying a lot.

The new characters Woody and Bailey had some very funny moments and fit right in with Zack, Cody, and London. I was afraid Zack, Cody, and London would feel like different characters because Dylan and Cole Sprouse said on Jimmy Kimmel that Disney intended on this being a completely different show. Judging by the first episode, it will be different, but the four returning characters are exactly the same which is great. Returning fans will love this. I know I did!
30 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
decent for Disney
brad_mcmillan4 January 2010
This show is my guilty little pleasure and I don't admit this to many people since I am 28 years old. No, I am not a creeper, I just enjoy the dynamic of the show and the twin's antics remind me of the stuff I used to do when I was younger. The show is sort of a nostalgic piece for me, a modern show of a more innocent time of moral family programming. Although my girlfriend despises the show and protests fiercely when she walks in and I am watching it, I find myself apathetic to he pleas. I guess I am just immature.

The dynamics between the characters is entertaining. Brenda Song is excellent and as soon as she figures out how to remove that Disney exploding neck collar and branch out, she will do well . The show is pretty funny as I did mention before I am pretty immature.

Another thing that makes the show great is that Brenda Song is hot. Not a very important production element or plot device, but important nonetheless.

The show as whole, like all Disney shows, does not entirely relate to young people. Everything is kind of clean cut and outrageous, but Disney executives rarely ever hit the mark when it comes to understanding real life situations. But that is alright, because Brenda Song is hot. That is all.
19 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is an amazing show
ewu_chic18 October 2008
This is an amazing show. People who say Disney channel is just for kids needs to sit down and watch this show and stop being so stuffy.

London is hilarious, Brenda Song does a great job. Dylan and Cole are hilarious and its great that Carrie isn't around this time, she's a great character but I think the boys get to expand more without her always around. Phil Lewis is hilarious as usual and the new kids they brought on are great.

They mayhem they are getting into in this new show is nothing like they've gotten into before and I am personally looking forward to seeing what more they get into!
30 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Typical Disney show production ... great outcome!
christoph-l-reiter24 October 2008
As with all Disney shows produced "The Suite Life on Deck" is a great show for kids and teens. The Sprouse brothers and the whole cast does a great job as well as the casting director by looking for guest stars and co-stars. As I already mentioned in the title - it is a typical Disney show production - so it is very likely that adults won't be tho thrilled with it. If you are not an adult in the entertainment business and watch it for the purpose to keep up with Disney and Nick style you have a real boring life. It is made for kids and teens and it is good. The show also, for adults maybe not so obvious, points out problems and issues of teenagers in our society. As it is with all shows and films it might be a bit overdone ... The show is obviously a bit campy - but in a good way - kids enjoy it watching fun and this is the only way to bring these issues closer to them. By observing the content and the plots we can filter out the issues of growing up teenage boys (also in some ways of girls) and the American issue of masculinity and femininity. Further we see the problems of school and leisure time and how it is supposed to look like in our society. Of course not everything in the show is great. It is not the most expensive production which of course takes away some of the quality. Some of the cast members from The Suite Life of Zack & Cody are not in this show. In some ways that's positive in some it is negative. Ashley Tisdale is missing to play the opposite of Brenda Song. Casting did a good job to find a substitute and therefore a new cast member with Debby Ryan. Still Tisdale is missing.

All in all the show is very well made for KIDS and TEENS and I am pretty sure that they will enjoy watching it. If you are an adult don't complain that it is a bad show - it is not made for you! Great job Disney!
18 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Greek one
sam_rox_xox22 February 2010
i think that in the Greek one at the end when the are dancing they should really Greek dance not just walk.... i really enjoy the show i loved suite life of Zack and cody so this is just the same! Some parts are really funny and some are sad but the show is really good and i would like them to do some thing new tho it may be a good show but its always the same in a way they change it up but every episode has something the same in it.................................. the show should stay on and family should make it even better because some are getting bored but wont stop watching because it is some thing they like..
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
is great, very meal
jonathanduran995 December 2008
is great, very meal, I support that we can always do better but I like it as it is, Dylan and Cole do their job well and are fun, I have to do the series over the Internet (youtube) on Disney Channel of my country not to air this, I wish that it were and continue with its production which is fabulous.

i hope to continue with that produtions because is very fun, great the dialogue can do better, but the participation of cole and Dylan sprouse is great in this, without them the series would not make any sense, but could have greater participation of some characters from the previous series as arwin, you should show more of the series about real life in a teenager without neglecting the follies which are great for Dylan and Cody.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
this show rocks
brutalkid19977 February 2012
I found this show very funny , very cool and very awesome i love this show and it sucks that its ended but a least i got the movie to look forward to soon i really like this show compared to So Random! and sonny with a chance , pair of kings this is the best show by far this is the best show by far and i don't know what i will watch instead i will miss this show.

i'm 14 this was the 2nd show i started to watch after i got sky and i watched series 1-3 and this so is so funny why not 10/10 because the special effects aren't that special.

i love this show and recommend it to any one between the ages of 10-15
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Was good, but not better than the original series
illbebackreviews9 January 2012
"The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. Yes, I said "All time" The characters in that TV Show are so awesome and lovable. I was expecting much the same from the spin-off series. I was satisfied, I guess...

The episodes were definitely much weaker than the original series in my opinion and the show as a whole was not as good, but its certainly watchable and enjoyable. There are a few irritating characters, most notably Debby Ryan's ANNOYING, LAME AND FRUSTRATING character called Bailey Pickett. Seriously, Debby Ryan replaced Ashley Tisdale's Maddie and was a horrible replacement character. She's plain annoying, bad actress and just not funny at all. Another annoying replacement, at times, is Ms Tuttweiler. Though her character is good, we all would much rather have Carey as that type of character. Estaban himself was replaced by a funny character named Kirby, but he wasn't anywhere near as great as Estaban. I was so glad that Mr Moseby was not replaced or I just wouldn't have watched the show.

The idea of twins on a sea school was not totally believable but it worked well. The acting in this show is brilliant by most, except for Debby Ryan. Another positive aspect is that there were a few double length episodes and a trilogy episode. This is what was missing from the original series, but I'd rather watch Suite Life of Zack and Cody anyday as Maddie, Estaban and Arwin were missing....
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tslod
blackbird1279020 February 2009
I think all of you are just afraid of change. Get real. The boys are older so it cant have the same plot line as the first. As a person gets older, they can't have the same adventures they had years before. Honestly, the twins are sixteen, not twelve anymore. The same dry and stooge-esquire humor is still there and to be frank, all of the characters are so comfortable in their roles its just a joy to watch them. And they didn't purposely get rid of Maddie, people move on. And sure Bailey isn't Maddie, but that's the point. She's Bailey, not Maddie. Stop being such snobs. Oh, AND this is a Spin off. It's not the original show. So the story is probably not going to be the same as the first series.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty Good
brendonhull24 June 2010
London is dumber! Woody is somehow smarter than London, which I originally thought was impossible! But still pretty awesome!!! The episodes where characters of the original show (The Suite Life of Zack and Cody) were the worst, well, I kinda liked when Esteban (Julio Ricardo Montoya de la Rosa Ramirez) came on the show for that one episode. More inappropriate for the little kids, as it has some sexual reference (ex. Zack ripping off the girls shirt, and when Woody asks how they have a baby and their teacher says "that's another class", etc). I can see a PG13 to R rated theatre movie coming where there will probably be some sex and/or nudity (like girl on girl, Bailey on London). Anyway, I'll just stop talking about sex and just say 9/9, 4/5
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Sprouse Twins Can Do Better Than This!
thedarkknight198417 October 2008
I like Dylan and Cole but honestly, the Sprouse twins can do better. The jokes are corny and terrible, London's stupidity is just plain annoying (is she mentally retarded or something?), Bailey is too sweet (made me want to throw up)... the only saving grace is Phil Lewis who plays Mr Moseby.

And Disney needs to stop it with the adult jokes. This is not freaking HBO!

Replacing Ashley Tisdale was a big mistake. There was no chemistry between London and Bailey. It's like Disney wanted to shove it down our throats how cool/cute/funny Bailey is. FYI, Disney, no, she's not.

Dylan and Cole, skip Disney and move on to the big screen. You can surely do better than this!
26 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good, but could have been better.
SammyMitch1 July 2010
While my opinion doesn't affect the show, I will say it anyway. As with almost every show geared towards teens, it could have been a lot better.

The thing that infuriates me most is the characters. Surprisingly Zach annoys me less than what I would have thought, in fact I would say he is the best character and he is only getting better (however, Dylan does get ridiculous story lines like in 'Breakup in Paris'). Cody is frustrating, he whines way too much. Still funny, but a bit extravagant if you ask me. London, while albeit funny as well, her air-headedness is taken to the extreme. She wasn't this bad in the first season of the original Zach and Cody. I also can't stand the way she makes fun of Ms. Tutwiler, her teacher. Erin, who plays Emma Tutwiler is a beautiful woman, and in no way is she ugly! How can her students get off with making fun of her? It shouldn't bother me, but it does.

As for Woody, Kirby, and Marcus – they are unnecessary characters. Zach is already a bit ditzy, and London completely daft. When you put in Woody and Kirby, it is just foolish. They add nothing to the show. We could have had great supporting characters like Esteban (not saying bring him in the show but someone like him). And Marcus, he just popped up out of nowhere and there is nothing special about him.

I like Bailey but I am tired of the excessive talk of home life back in Kettlecorn. She is a less than mediocre replacement of Maddie.

The reason for my high rating is because it is an entertaining show, stupid, but something to laugh at.
5 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
this show is 'suite'!
kevinwilford24 April 2010
i love both TSL. but this one gone better. new characters Bailey and Woody are really funny. cause we got the country girl and we got the slob. and the character Mr. Moseby gotten more grumpier...which is better!! the season 2 of the show gotten waaaay better cause now its in HD and the comedy gotten great and violence gotten violent and real! and also London gotten dumber and the dumber the better!! the thing that kinda bumps me is that Maddie isn't there anymore...i liked her on TSLOZAC...she was hilerious!!! but still the show is going strong!! so i put this show the 2th best show on Disney. hope the show will go for a 3th season!!!!
5 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So bad I felt like becoming suicidal!
drosebull12328 August 2011
Lets Just get this straight this show is the worst Disney Show of all time, in 2008, Disney was Extremely stupid to renew this show. First of all he goes to school on a bout. Second they got rid of Ashley Tisdale the only Character from the Original with actually acting talent. And Third, The show is so darn corny, the Jokes are not even funny. They are the sort of Jokes a 4th grader, might laugh at, not the mention the Disney channel aimed this shows for viewers between the age of 8 and 14. My seven year old brother stopped watching this show. This show should have ended after episode 1. Mr. Mosby is pointless in the show, Zach is a wanna be bad ass. And Cody, Who is that nerdy and is still living. Whatever you do, Do NOT WATCH THIS ISHOW IT SUCKS!!!
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Annoying
kurtrl196024 January 2010
I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings but I find this show to be one of the most irritating thing ever to make it into my den. My tween daughter loves it but I can not figure out why. The writing is so horrible I wouldn't be surprised to learn a barrel is filled with phrases and punchlines then a chimp randomly selects and assembles the plot. The character of Tipton makes Lovie Howell look like Mother Theresa, just so over the top annoying I don't understand how she alone doesn't kill the ratings. The other characters are shallow and mainly seem to rely on being cute more than likable. I can't say about the actor's talents based on what they have to work with. Actually they must be good to sell this sort of poor material. Overall it is just harmless fun for middle school kids but anybody over 15 watching this stuff because they like it not because they live with a tween should seek help.
8 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My Childhood
supernovaz-909-21182829 July 2018
I would come home from high school and watch and new episode once it came out.The Suite Life and Wizards and Waverly Place made me love comedy more than ever when I was younger I will never forget that them two shows mean a lot to me.
Brings your mood up
laurenblue201129 May 2014
I actually kind of enjoy this show. Its a guilty pleasure for me. I usually am not a fan of the Disney channel shows these days, but this one is just.... happy and nice. I struggle with depression, and this show surprisingly helps. When I get depressed, I like to watch TV to get my mind off things, but I don't like watching dramatic, or sad things when I'm in a depressed mood obviously. So, I turn to this show. It has stupid characters, and cheesy comedy, but I get a few laughs out of it sometimes. I think that the Sprouse twins are hilarious, surprisingly. They are super cute, and funny to watch. I mean, twins on TV are usually funny, but I really enjoy watching these Twins. Brenda Song is good for her role, London Tipton. She portrays her character as Stupid, Rich, Selfish, and mostly mean. You need a mean girl in every TV show though, right? Anyway, this show really just lifts up your mood, no matter how cheesy it is. If you enjoy Disney channel, then you will enjoy this show. Watch it when your sad, it brings up your mood.
Amazing
junkmailstuff4562 January 2013
Most of Disney's shows are lame, and just not entertaining. I could watch this show all day long. This show is great for little kids, teenagers, and adults. The characters are funny, and I love how honest they are. They talk about things that I never would've thought Disney would have. They also have a lot of humor that you wouldn't believe they would say. The episode where Cody went to live with Monks, Woody makes a joke about a "little dingy" (a small rowboat). I just love how they aren't trying to shelter kids, and give them good jokes. Another reason why this show is so wonderful is how educational it is. They travel around the world, showing kids different heritages. I also love how good the characters are. They aren't bratty or snobby... well besides London ;) The characters are such good role models. I also love how they accept each other. All of the characters are so different, yet their good friends. London and Addison are airheads, Bailey and Cody are smart, Mr. Moseby and Ms. Tutweiler are great adult figures, Maya and Marcus are cool, and Zack and Woody are goofy. You can relate to all of them! Overall, this show is funny, educational, and just a wonderful show.
Movie?
theresea_bennett25 November 2012
I loved this show so much! I laughed, I cried & I throughly enjoyed the episodes. But I was just thinking about their futures after high school. I watched all the episodes on Netflix, which by the way are out of order especially in the 3rd season. Will there be a movie to find out where all the characters are after high school? Like do Cody & Bailey get married? Where does Cody end up going to college? Is Zack, Woody, and London in college? Does Mr. Moseby and Miss Tuttwiller actually get married and where do they move to? Does Zack & Cody track them down like they said? Does the mom & Arwin finally get together? Where is Marcus in his music career?
2 words: Love it!!!!
enchantedem730 August 2012
Suite life on deck is a great spin-off to the suite life of Zack and Cody. The episodes never cease to make me laugh. The show has really shown how much Zack and Cody have developed from before and its showing a more mature side of them.

I think the characters are all unique and very likable because a lot people can relate to them. London is a bit of a ditz and Brenda plays her really well. Zack is still a prankster and Cody is very intellectual; everyone just loves them.I find woody (matthew Timon) the funniest character. Bailey is quite good too, considering its Debby Ryan's first actual professional role. Mr moseby is also a good character (i bet he's relatable to many adults with kids) The jokes and the pranks in this spin-off is hilarious, even if i've seen the episode a million times.

i truly love all the episodes from the series but my favorite one was probably "Plays the thing". I just couldn't stop laughing when they performed the play. I was really upset that the suite life on deck ended. i did cry at the finale. i hoped that they would make another season. Anyways, suite life will always be remembered.

I would recommend this to anyone in there teens+. My sisters and I certainly enjoyed it and I'm sure others will too.
Very Awful....but an Improvement
slideon13 October 2008
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody is a very horribly produced show. The jokes are corny and constantly re-used, characters re-use these jokes all the time, and plots are re-used. This new series offers something new, but is till far from a good and watchable show. The only thing remotely funny in both these series is Phil Lewis, but the two blonde twins are unlikeable. But this time, there is this large kid with an afro who is so messed up, he is enjoyable. What annoys me the most is the stupid laugh track, obviously fake and there isn't any effort to make it sound real. There is a major improvement of the theme song, though! It's actually catchy this time. Overall, don't watch this show unless you're 3 - 6 years old.
17 out of 82 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The terror lives on: on sea
meritcoba1 July 2013
A hotel became to small for the ambitions of the Sprouse brothers so they moved to the high seas. Except for the surroundings and some alterations in the cast nothing much has changed. The Sprouse brothers still lack any talent for acting, even after all these years. They need facial contractions to make the audience aware that they did something funny. Canned laughter is used again. The surrounding cast is acting on par or even worse as if that is possible. Plot consist of situations that are used and re-used. It doesn't matter. A bad series that shows that people can get away with.. badness.

Parents of the world unite and save your kids from this blight!
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.