Given (2020) Poster

(2020)

Given movie review
jaysshukla4 February 2021
Like the series, the movie doesn't disappoint either. It's a very simple movie but I enjoyed it thoroughly. We get to know more about the other two band members - Haruki and Akihiko.

We saw in season 1 how Mafuyu was initially unable to express himself and gradually he opens up, this pair is more straightforward. It is also interesting how the storyline or the pace really goes parallel to the character's personality. Just like how Mafuyu was unapproachable in the beginning, you would feel bored for the first few episodes. It is only bit later when you are shocked to know what he went through and you start craving for more of this series. Akihiko is very straightforward and the pace of the movie has never been an issue and it doesn't feel rushed either. Towards the end, you feel satisfied and wouldn't regret the time you spent watching this movie.

Like the series, the movie too has an insert track being performed by the character Mafuyu. Both these insert tracks serve great purpose to their respective storyline. The influence of the song is undeniable. While you will definitely enjoy the movie's insert track, I feel it doesn't compare to Fuyu no Hanashi, the one played in the series.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A different story
abdullahzahmad4 February 2021
This love story was a lot more different and complicated than the couple we saw on the show. But it was just as good, I really enjoyed kaji's character arc. It's definitely worth a watch
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lovvvee itttt!!!!
Haifa-adel6 February 2021
I really lovvvee ittt and now they are finally together
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing in a good way
jacobcooneyday6 February 2021
Let me start by saying that the Given movie is a good movie; If you like the anime, you'll enjoy the Movie.

With that out of the way I think its important to make one thing clear: If you go in expecting a continuation of the story from episodes 1-11 you will find yourself rather disappointed, as the Given Movie really only follows about half to two thirds of the story of Given.

The Movie almost entirely takes place from the perspectives of Haruki, Akihiko, and Mafuyu. In comparison to these three, Uenoyama has very little, but still important, dialogue.

I don't think this movie is bad, the pacing felt a little off, and the animation can feel a little bit janky in some places, mainly the 3D animated scenes. If they had the resources and time I think the movie would have benefited from another 15-30 minutes, but as it stands was still very enjoyable.

In summation, The Given Movie is an excellent addition to the story of Given, I recommend it to any fan of Given; however, the Given Movie is not a good continuation of Given, and I can only hope it can be the springboard for more Given, whether that is a Second Season, or another movie.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Overall story was the same however
kali_z14 February 2021
How fast the movie played out amplified the VERY iffy relationship between the two. The movie would've benefitted from an extra 30 minutes. The ending was especially quick.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I LOVE IT
supremacymiracle15 May 2021
I really love the story. Hoping for another movie or second season.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well-written and cute
schanzaysohail10 February 2021
This movie focuses on Haruki and Akihiko's relationship more than it does on Sato and Uenoyama. And its very cute cause we didn't get to see much of them in the show... It takes place around the same time in the show, if you've watched the show you can see them prepare for the same concert that happened in the show here too. But its more behind the scenes of whats happening before the show in Akihiko and haruki's life. I would totally recommend this to all given fans, its animated very well and s super cute and enjoyable.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.