The Boarding School: Las Cumbres (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

A well made and multi-dimensional mystery
jackblob21 February 2021
This is a remake of a popular series that ran for 5 or 6 seasons. I love the well developed characters. It's well executed. The visuals and atmosphere are excellent.

Four points:

1. This has a different setting and characters from the original. Go with it. 2. For many, character development translates to boring. I, for one, enjoy getting to know each character's story. 3. Different regions have different acting styles from the overacting common is Asia to the overdramatic in Latin America. Embrace the differences, people. 4. Listen to the original Spanish and follow along with subtitles. Dubbing spoils the show,

I'm looking forward to the news season(s).
17 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Spanish show of the year!
starryflowersstore24 February 2021
I had really enjoyed this show. One of the best series that I have seen produced post covid. The characters are complex, the photography is beautiful and the actors are all great. I hope we have the new season soon.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Addictive mix of misteries, horror and teenage adventures
kano-21 February 2021
Back in 2007, El Internado Laguna Negra was a huge success in spanish television with its crazy mix of mistery, teenage drama and soap opera. Almost 14 years later, Amazon has released a promising reboot: darker, scarier, with a higher budget, set in a boarding school for troubled teenagers next to an old monastery in the mountains. Is it worthy? Of course, it's ridiculously addictive.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good binge
tazzyd-9007321 February 2021
Can't wait for next season, strong actors, good story. Not watched the original so didn't have any preconceived ideas. Keeps you hooked, not for younger viewers.
16 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great show
boiana_taneva6 March 2021
I love the show! I was waiting for it since it was announced. I love the original series and was afraid that they are going to make a remake, so i am glad they came up with different but still very interesting idea. Spanish tv series never disapoint. Can't wait for season 2.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
THIS IS THE BEST SHOW!!!!
arqji5 March 2021
Seriously can not wait for the next season already! All the actors are amazing and the story line is fantastic and exciting!
Truly worth watching
heliostion4 March 2021
This show is everything you could possible hope for in a series. The native language is Spanish so make sure you watch it in that language with subtitles if you don't speak the language. Truly worth the watch as the series is jam packed with mystery and thrills that will never take your eyes off the screen. I love shows from Spain.
Amazing show!
gregorykarats4 March 2021
The show is an amazing mystery thriller, and intense plots thrown at you every step up the way. Spanish cinema is elevated to a whole new level. Highly recommend this show to anyone looking for a wonderfully executed mystery. I really would love a season 2! Spanish series are the best! I want more now.
Loved this show
prospero-galvan28 February 2021
Not a really an Amazon Prime viewer, but I saw the trailer of this show and got me wanted to see it. So I went ahead and got my Primer and watched it.

I can say that the first episode was intriguing enough so decided to watch the other 7 later that day.

The show got into me since the plot is complex enough to make you think the entire time.

Can't wait for season 2!
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as appealing as the original
ewingfield-8941621 February 2021
I've watched the original El Internado Laguna Negra. This reboot has a good premise and promise. The issues I take with this iteration are mainly the Ines character and her storyline. This character and the plot around her drag this show down considerably. The character has an excessively blank personality even for an amnesiac. I remember the original El Internado fondly, the group in that show were all fun to watch. Only a couple of the kids are interesting in this show. I will definitely watch a second season and hope the sophomore year improves in plotting as well as the acting and characterization of Ines.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Intriguing premise
thomasbgleeson25 February 2021
This show has a great idea but just does not have the tools to make it. The idea behind the plot is a really interesting idea but the script let's it down completely. It also doesn't help that about 95% of the cast cannot act. There is also no tone to the show, one minute it's a fact teen drama and the next it's a supernatural thriller but it's as scenes were just thrown together in the edit. Having said that, it's weirdly addictive and I enjoyed it despite its many, many flaws. Side note, if you aren't gripped, don't continue because the end will not satisfy you.
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very enternaining
mariamadrid-2125621 February 2021
I found this serie nice to wacht, it is a bit scary at times and I watch it on a weekend. I am looking forward to watching the second serie.
10 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nothing special but worth the watch
giulio-6005220 February 2021
It's a good show for teens with a good concept and pretty good directed and acted, but maybe too slow in some parts. You probably will finish it to know what's happening but overall is just decent
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Masterpiece in the making
gkarats-457914 March 2021
This show delivers on everything one would hope for from romance to thriller to horror. I didn't get bored for one second watching this show and my eyes never strayed or the screen. This show has gotten me hooked and is now making me want to watch the original. I'd love to see more of this ASAP!
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Almost
edblogr2 March 2021
Quite OK-ish start and plot setup destroyed by 8th episode, at which point the border between serious drama and telenovela is finaly crossed. And then all hell breaks loose. Too bad.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good Show with a Nice Mystery
charleslanobucklin8 March 2021
Ignore the negative reviews.

There is a lot of nitpicky reviews about this show. Since I never saw the original series I can only comment on the five episodes I have watched.

The acting is overall good and there is a foreboding that seems to pervade each scene.

The setting and filming is very atmospheric. Clearly the director has a clear vision of the setting and the story.

One thing I think that is well done and clever is that there are no bright colors only drab colors that enhance the pervading atmospheric gloom of this mysterious school.

My only quibble is that the characters while watchable are not likable - don't know if was the way they were written or the actors portraying them. - so it's hard to root for them as they seek to learn the secret about their school.

Overall, I'm gonna give this 8 stars - as each episode has been a fun watch. Watch it in Spanish with English subtitles
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best shows I've watched!!!
thomas192837420 February 2021
Really good! I watched all episodes yesterday, and believe me, I don't regret staying until 4am. Cannot wait for season 2.
13 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
AMAZING SHOW!
hunto-285444 March 2021
As a lover of everything Spain produces, this show did NOT disappoint! The plot is extremely intriguing and I mean come on, who else can do Catholicism better than Spain?! Culture, play on religion, amazing cinematography, dangerous situations and complex characters make this one of the best shows I've seen and I've seen MANY! 10/10 across the board for sure! Cannot wait till Season 2, I'm on the edge of my seat!
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
HORRIBLE
Benukra24 March 2021
Not just an insult to the original, its horrible from a to z. There isnt a single actor half as good as the worst one from the original.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice mystery
naughtyspiders18 March 2021
It's a great binge watch. I watched dubbed in English and the mismatched subtitles are funny. It's like a better acted House of Anubis. I hope they make more seasons.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
arnoldmichelcpereda23 February 2021
An insult to the original series, the characters, the performances and the plot suck.
6 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BORING
cairamatias23 February 2021
The pace is too slow, actors are not good at all. They don't even seem capable of creating a script that flows, they just throw random scenes. Overall, don't even bother watching this series.
8 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This show is a coward
kigaiyuuto22 February 2021
NONE of the plots have a satisfying resolve. Pacing is horrible. I admit the first 4 episodes are good, but the second half is like running on the spot and the season finale is one of the most unsatisfying in a while.
5 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Finally a good Teen fiction-thriller-romance show you can actually watch AND enjoy
SuzanneMakingReviews13 June 2021
Before anything, I want to point out that I hope people don't get put off because of the 6.5 rating. It's a great show compared to the latest teens/young adult tv shows we have been getting in the last 4/5 years...

I didn't know there was an original and this is a remake when I watched it and tt's by no mean the best greatest most incredible tv show I've ever watched in my life, but the script is actually good and the story with the characters are something you'd look forward to follow and explore more about in every episode and scene. It has the right amount of each genre in it without one taking over the other.

What I most loved about this show beside the script is the actors and actress who played the students, they really played their characters well, you'd eventually even like and maybe get attached to the side and supporting characters in the show, that is how good everyone were.

The characters aren't super annoying or clueless to the point you'd hate them, but they aren't super rightful or knowledgeable either to the point you'd also hate them. A good mixture of everything with a middle ground I'd say.

At a finally note I'd just highly recommend watching this tv show with subtitles, not dubbing because as I said, the actors plays a big part in actually delivering the story and the plot.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than I expected
RandomTard22 May 2021
Let's start with the negatives. The sound balance is one of those where you need to soundproof your home if you wanna use volumes with which you can actually hear speaking and not get evicted. Also the people don't really act logically or even like humans a lot of times - something is in a script and then it's just forced to happen against the reality of situation.

The good thing is the story that, although is a teen story, isn't as bad as one could expect. The acting is ok for most parts, though I'm not as sure about the casting. Some actors/actresses don't really match their part which is slightly annoying.

All things considered it's an ok series.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.