Jailer (I) (2023)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 19 items
Sex & Nudity
- Comic mild sex references occur.
Violence & Gore
- Occasional scenes of strong violence include shootings, stabbings, slashings and crunchy blows using improvised weapons, with accompanying large blood spurts.
- During a torture sequence, a villainous character repeatedly strikes a man on his head using a hammer, resulting in significant bloody aftermath detail.
- Blood spurts out of a man's neck stump after he is decapitated.
- A character holds up a severed ear in the aftermath of a slashing.
- There is also occasional sight of blood on characters' faces and bodies in the aftermath of violence.
- There is use of moderate bad language ('gaand'), as well as milder terms such as bloody', 'shit', 'piss', 'screw', 'damn', 'God', 'moron' and 'hell'.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Scenes feature adults smoking cigars and drinking alcohol.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A man takes his own life.
- This is shown in brief yet graphic bloody detail.
- Infrequent verbal references to suicide also occur.
- Police officers suspect a missing person has taken their own life.
- However, this theory is proven false.
- Terrified characters are lowered into large vats which are subsequently filled with sulphuric acid.
- The hero narrowly saves a child from a knife attack in public.
- A group of armed men advance on a man's family home.
- An unsympathetic character verbally threatens his foe's female relative with sexual violence.
- However, this is brief and negatively presented.
- Very mild scenes of emotional upset occur in which characters grieve the loss of a loved one.