Young Rock (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

Dwayne Johnson tells his own life story as only the Rock can
Ed-Shullivan17 February 2021
I previously read some of Dwayne Johnson's Life story and this TV series is allowing him to re-tell his childhood and his rise to stardom as an athlete and movie star bar none from his early wins and losses with his own words. I wouldn't put it by Dwayne that he may just run for President and get in to the Oval office in the next 8-12 years.

Some may scoff at the retro feel of the Rocks young adult life and his stylish clothes of the 1980-90's but for those IMDB reviewers who are far too fast in mocking the Young Rock I have just one question for you? Can you not smell what the Rock is cooking?

I give it a 9 out of 10 IMDB rating and yes, I want to see more.
101 out of 133 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Leaving you wanting more
paulguevin17 February 2021
Excellent show well done and had me in tears laughing especially that final scene was everything I could hope for as both a life long wrestling and comedy fan. Can't wait for more keep it going!!
76 out of 108 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's pretty funny!
michaelgumbo17 February 2021
I have to be honest, I was half expecting this to be corny and just another failed pilot but boy was I wrong. It's heartfelt, cute and somewhat relatable. The characters are likeable and make for an easy watch. I really hope to see more of this show, it feels honest without being overbearing. I respected The Rock before this but if half the stories he shares in this sitcom are true he's a truly remarkable person. Definitely worth watching!
54 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
OK i'm all in 👍🏾
Ashitaka13717 February 2021
This looks like it's going to be a fun feel good ride into the Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's history. Kinda reminds me of "Everybody Hates Chris".
48 out of 74 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprisingly good first episode.
helghast-133718 February 2021
Found this on my dvr that records all prime time shows. Thought it was going to be awful because, while I like the rock, frankly I don't like his movies. I did like ballers but that's about it. Decided to give it a shot while I was folding laundry and surprisingly liked it. Looking forward to the next episodes but going into it with zero expectations is the way to go.
40 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I loved it!!
jshapsisnyc18 February 2021
Can't wait to see the rest of the show. Maybe I'm bias because I'm a fan but I thought it was really well put together
36 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Its a good show
bondovw19 February 2021
I think younger people might not appreciate or understand some of this show. I get it and really want more. I like the rock and look forward to learning more about him.
27 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I love this so much
LigeiaCorpse20 April 2021
I am not a huge sitcom fan, but I watch each new one hoping I'll find one I like or even love. I have not liked any as much as this since probably the 90s. I love all the cast. Its heart warming and funny and all the things you want a sitcom to be. As a wrestling fan who watched it in the 70s/80s/90s. This is so much fun and like a blast from the past. I hope this one sticks around for a long time to come. Oh and then there is The Rock/Duane Johnson and if your a fan your gonna love this.
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My new favorite comedy
nicole-4417015 April 2021
My husband and I love the show. It's cute, funny, charming, and a nice relaxing break. It's real without being too real and cute without being too corny. We like half hour funny shows now and then and this is definitely one of our new favorites.
11 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting Stories
jkempd3 May 2021
I really enjoy this show. I like the different stages of his life portrayed and I really enjoy the stories being told. He had a very interesting childhood. Great show.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lets Be Honest
4CAST4Life29 April 2021
Despite some of these negative comments, this show is actually really good. Its not because it is about The Rock like some comments suggested, but because the formula of the show works well with the future and the past. Feels kind of like the 1st season of Fresh Off The Boat who has the same director as Young Rock. It is funny but not corny, and it is a show that you can watch with both your family as well as your friends. I won't spoil it for you but I love how the shows flashes thru the 3 different time periods rather than for it to be told in a linear story. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND and have already gotten other people to watch YOUNG ROCK, trust me its worth it.
10 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
you HAVE to check this out
robin-5969228 April 2021
If you like Dwayne Johnson, you HAVE to check this show out! This is a playful look at Dwayne Johnson's life from a retro respective and guys.... it has SUCH FUN MUSIC - you are going to love this!
10 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun to watch
hummersrock13 April 2021
What a great show for anyone who is a fan of The Rock!! 💪
11 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Let's be honest
ben-mckimm24 February 2021
Everyone is so in love with The Rock, that this could be just him on the toilet for 25 mins, every episode and everyone would think it was the greatest thing ever made. If you're giving this a 10/10, you're wrong. I'm sorry but 10/10 is perfect. Do you really think this show is perfect? You love The Rock. That's fine. You're allowed to love him but this is not a good show.
36 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's cute so far.
hollyveri17 February 2021
I've never been a huge fan of the Rock as an actor. It seems like he plays a lot of "cutesy" roles where his acting is a little cheesy. But I think it actually kind of works for a light weeknight comedy. The story is interesting so far, would love to know how much of it is actually true.
28 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I like
ciyona27 April 2021
Enjoyable and funny. Fun to watch. The Rock.njkkkkk.
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't wait for the next episode!!!
healthypreferences24 February 2021
When I was young, I was forced to watch WWE everytime my uncle gets a hold of the remote and ended up loving it. This is very interesting to watch. Love it!
17 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
genuinely funny / doesn't need the "future president" aspect
madelinegartman21 April 2021
I have to say, I honestly have no real interest in The Rock... but this show is great. It's surprising funny & endearing... dont think it necessarily needs the whole "future presidential campaign" element though... In my opinion it would be even better without that. Either way, the acting is fantastic, the humor is on point, & I just find this to be an all around really enjoyable & well written show.
9 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"the rock" overload, unfunny & mostly pretty uninteresting
gareth-7544218 February 2021
I get the fascination with "the rock", slap his face or name on a twig & it'll probably sell but this "young Rock" is a snorefest & completely unfunny & apart from the "cameos" of Pro wrestlers it's boring & totally uninteresting, a far better idea would've been " Young Kevin" a comedic look at Kevin Harts childhood. The new sitcom "Young Rock" features a fictionalized version of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's life, so there you go fan boys n gals "the rock" is a product, made up & as false as his acting talent,merely a "gimmick" for dunderheads to idolise & worship like Mickey Mouse or the so called "American dream".
37 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
1st episode in and Meh!..not really Smelling it.
rochfordsimon18 February 2021
Was looking forward to this show but I've been let down. It's well produced and put together. But the acting is over the top. Every single person is constantly smiling. Cheesy to the max. The comedy is one dimensional.

I was expecting a show like EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS. That is funny and has great characters. Maybe even a bit of YOUNG SHELDON thrown in too. But YOUNG ROCK is like the fake, hammy adverts you see for Toothpaste brands.

I'll check out a couple more and give it a chance.
30 out of 74 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This isn't funny
Engerek0117 February 2021
I love Dwayne and I admire his back story. He obviously had a life that might be worth telling. However, the way they did this is extremely awful.

The show is sold as "comedy". However, I wasn't able to find anything funny while watching.

I was expecting something inspirational. The 1st episode is poorly scripted and fails to create any emotion.

There is no expectation, mystery, or action while watching. That's an other fail in the excitement department.

They should have prepared a lot more before shooting this. Such a waste.
38 out of 97 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Garbage! How much ego building does this guy need!??
matt-8235027 February 2021
Just when you thought his ego couldn't get any bigger they had to go make a show about his life, are you kidding me!?? This is an absolute joke about an egomaniac who is now getting pampered with his own show by liberal far left Hollywood. Absolute trash!
29 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can you smell what Young Rock has in his diaper?
rburjoski27 February 2021
It hard to imagine that there is the collective will with Producers to make this trash. There is nothing about this show that is worth any of your time.
19 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This doesn't work
Brdwaybuff3 March 2021
I think the Rock thinks he and his past are more entertaining than they are and that wrestling is more important than it is. Feels like a glorification of bs machismo. Gave it three episodes. Won't watch more.
10 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love it!
cynthiaphillips-1515718 March 2021
Absolutely love the show. It's lots of fun and constantly making me laugh. Great show!
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.