Immanence (2022) Poster

(2022)

Religious Clap Trap
Ckn485 February 2022
Who, goes looking for either a meteorite or extra terrestrials in 2 mile deep waters without some way to dive under the water. It was not even mentioned aliens could be reading the religious guys minds and trying to communicate with the religious intent.

Instead they all descend into religious madness and the whole film falls apart.

The Plot is Bad The Script has holes in it The sound is OK The Photography is ok The Acting is hammy

Give it a Wide Birth 👎
41 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amateurs having fun...
jonasatmosfera4 February 2022
Well, everything in "Immanence" reminds me of that group of fellow amateurs actors, writers, directors, etc. Who joined forces, collected their pocket money and decided to make an artsy(-fartsy) film.

The beginning is somewhat interesting, but the execution is somewaht clunky. After a while, contrary to its meaning, Immanence is all over the place and my interested evaporated. Possession, prophecies, science fiction, etc. Makes a heavy meal that is not easily digested.

Acting is also below par.

Nothing here.
58 out of 83 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Incredibly stupid excuse of a movie
Snootz14 February 2022
Contrary to some reviews, this is no more a religious film than it is a science film. Both are very badly portrayed here. I don't know who's responsible for this mess, but I can't tell if they're seriously deluded or simply decided to prank the audience and see if they could get away with it.

Aside from an occasional bit of decent acting, this movie has no redeeming factors. The story is nonsense and the ending even more so. There is no actual theme to the plot and no conclusion. The film has some production quality. It starts out quasi-interesting and holds that for a bit into the film. Then it just plops... which makes one wonder how such a useless script ever made it through to a finished film.

The main thrust of this film constantly pits science against religion. Both fields encompass extremes that fail to realize that science and faith are both valid parts of human existence, and that neither science nor faith negate one another. Personal interpretation, ego, conceit and arrogance are plentiful on both "sides". This film almost makes that point... but not quite. All it succeeds in doing is presenting the worst of both in a loony bin situation.

This film presents both science and religion at their most ridiculous extremes. Seriously, the entire idea of SETI sending a group of people out in a party boat to make first contact? The basic premise is silly. I don't know what nut case pulled this plot out of his bag of delusions... but I envision his/her tiny apartment to be strewn with bits of paper notes scattered about and tacked to the walls, and strange symbols drawn on their mirrors. They stopped taking their meds long ago.

What this film is actually supposed to be about is anyone's guess. What is the plot, moral or even purpose of this flick? Did someone need a tax write-off? I can't say it's the worst movie I've ever seen, but it doesn't even come close to a 2 star rating. Stupid on a screen.
18 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't Suffer Through This Dud
mzand-751-5395724 February 2022
Never mind the confusing, muddled and woolly headed, pseudo-religious pseudo-scientific pretensions of this slog, which starts out attempting to answer the big mysteries of the universe but only ends up posing the question: why is it in most horror films the minute things get the least bit scary does everyone lose their intelligence, reason and logic and start behaving like rabid baboons?
29 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doing his best Denzel
jwcstorage6 February 2022
This movie is a decently made really bad 'religion religion religion' sci-fi extra-terrestrial object come-to-Earth movie. With the main character doing his darndest to look, sound, and have the presence of Denzel Washington, without quite hitting the mark. His performance is one of the guilty-pleasure highlights. Unfortunately, he continually rambles on with religious scripture whenever he gets a chance and pushing that religious narrative previously stated.

Go in knowing that the acting and the script are fairly amateurish. They do a lot of over-explaining and silly dialogue. It occasionally teeters on good-bad but then they fumble.

Its a pretty big skip and I rather regret the time spent on this movie.

There really is a LOT of religious talk against "science nerds" where the main character (Denzel*) systematically takes down their dumb science views to open yourself to god. And how dumb the scientists are. Ho-Hum 2/10.
20 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Has its moments!
5eriously6 February 2022
Starts out ok even with some promise, but then degenerates into a Sci Fi Vs Religion movie. Immanence feels like I was swindled being sold one thing and given another.

If religion is your bag you might get something out of this film, if you are into science and facts well it will leave you a bit flat.

The story is so cliche that its laughable unfortunately its not a comedy! Fast run down a group of people track an object moving quickly past our sun to earth then a signal turns up in Bermudan waters. I didn't think divine beings needed a spaceship but hey that's another story. Next they hire a boat and head to sea, but wait not any sea into the Triangle!

No it goes down hill cheap effects woody acting and the usual paranormal ala supernatural. The devil turns up to cut a deal, oh well, which involves people turning on each other to survive.

3 survivors out of 6! The End.
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Here we go again.
hilary_mae-912-805616 February 2022
The religious community mucks up a good idea yet again. In other words, they try to use fantasy to thwart science. The production is poor at best, but the religious nonsense really takes it into the toilet.
24 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Is this production some sort of mockery and we are being trolled?
derek-a-charette10012 February 2022
Absolute rubbish!

Terrible acting, HORRID script, and half of the movie is pointless footage that serves only to lengthen the film to exceed the 90-minute mark, and it also appears that they reduced the playback speed in many scenes in post-production to milk every last suspenseful moment to squeeze more time out of those rare, interesting moments.

What a shame.

This movie is NOT an example of how normal Christians act. We don't preach, we don't recite Biblical verses, we don't condemn people to Hellfire, and we don't blame God for misfortune.
13 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I want my life back....
bencrea4 February 2022
This was so bad I'm considering never watching another movie again. I really wish that everyone who devoted their time to this POS stayed home and played video games instead of this.
40 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring....
homeflash7 February 2022
If you are bored want to want to get bored even more.. this is the movie for you.

It begins with seem to be excitement in the beginning but after 25 mins, it stops and making no sense after ward. See for it ..

Sometimes, you just need to trust those imdb ratings. I didn't but I will from now on...
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don´t waste your time, skip this one!
frank-liesenborgs7 February 2022
Naomi (Summer Bellessa) and her team are looking for proof of extraterrestrial life. When a meteorite lands somewhere in The Bermuda Triangle and starts emitting strange signals they think they may have discovered what they were looking for. They rent a boat owned by Davis (Eugene Byrd) and captained by a man named Jonah (Michael Beach). Once the team reaches the impact point, they start to experience hallucinations that blur the lines between science and faith. This was supposed to be a horror movie but to me it was more a half cooked bible sermon. Starting with a fake exorcism, Naomi's extremely devout mother lecturing her about Jesus, Jonah and his "faith" etc. This was a very disappointing movie, felt really like a waste of time and even the dialogues made no sense. On the positive side, there were moments of sublime acting from Summer Bellessa (Naomi) and Michael Beach (Jonah). And that´s it. The movie started strong but that feeling was over very soon. Don´t waste your time, skip this one!
12 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Religious film posing as scientific
lincolnx5 February 2022
Ignore any ratings higher than 3 stars out of 10. Badly written religious film is borderline unwatchable. 1 dimensional characters, weak plot all taking place on a small yacht ends up being a total snore fest.

Don't waste your time.
31 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst b-movie this year
edlc19705 February 2022
This is a very boring and stupid movie. Its bad acting from start to end. Its a mix of alien visiting earth, combined with the exorcist. A stupid mix. The acting is something from a high school show. The plot is terrible. The 2,9 score here on IMDb is far to good for this crap.

Avoid or waste more than time.
13 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Quasi religious claptrap
howlee-658954 February 2022
A tedious talk fest, with lots of religion thrown in to make it even more tedious, we gave up don't waste the time watching paint dry is much more exciting.
30 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
god devil alien borefest
fender-321915 February 2022
Did the writers throw bits of ideas into a hat then shuffle them about and get someone to pull out the bits of napkin written ideas and script, i watched this all the way through thinking erm, perhaps it gets better, example - devil dude throttles two women to death, scientist dudes and and this other women stand there watching him murder these two women scientists, they do nothing to help let alone say hey stop it..nope, oh and there's a pig in a cage that they pull up from the ocean, yea its alive and snorting healthy..pork chops at sea perhaps...no its a metaphor or some other claptrap, fate karma choices erm i have no idea.
16 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
3:00 000 m)
fluffchop17 April 2022
Starts well. The first 55 minutes or so is a great film. Then it turns into a convoluted mish mash of all sorts of nonsense. The actual ending is ridiculous and uneventful. You'll just face palm m) yourself for bothering to stick it out.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watching this movie is injurious to logic and intelligence. Watch it at your own risk.
chenna195 February 2022
I watched this movie after seeing its rating, just to see how bad it could be. Oh my, was I disappointed? No, not at all. Undoubtedly, this is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. The story was illogical, the characters act super weird in almost all situations, the actors have limited range of expressions.

Watching this movie made me realize how good the other bad movies I watched recently.
16 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lost the plot..
skeff-25 February 2022
Write up sounded good, thought i would give it a try. Did not have a clue what was going on, tried to be too many things, aliens, bermuda triangle mystery, religious mash up. Shame because there are some good actors in it.
13 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yikes it's bad
Xavier_Stone20 February 2022
An few interesting parts here and there but this film is mostly trying to pit science and ufo's against religion and god. The setting is on a boat in the middle of the ocean and the budget is bare bones and this is mostly a vanity project.

Some scenes are an attempt to create confusion and discussion about religion but after a while it just all falls apart and doesn't make much sense to continue watching to find out what happens in the end.
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Total sh$t show of a film.
frankblack-799611 April 2022
Stay far away from this piece of sh$t movie. It's interesting for the first 20 min but quickly becomes unwatchable. I turned it off when the people watch and do nothing but make scared faces as two crew members are killed by an intruder. They literally stand 3 ft away from this and have no reaction other than look disgusted and scared. Bluefields Entertainment is one pathetic studio. Kerry Bellessa is a hack director and writer along with whoever Joshua Oram is. You people are untalented and pathetic. Never ever touch a camera or write your idiotic scripts again. Whoever gave you all money to do this stupid a$$ movie should just burn the rest and it will be a better use for your money.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Eminence
109YearsOld6 February 2022
The sole redemption of this movie is the amazing bottom of Kasia Pilewicz.................

For such eminence, Immanence (2022) is awarded one solid star.
10 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please just drown me now!
hacklet5 February 2022
If I'd had to spend any time on this boat with any of these people, I'd be begging to be drowned; or anything really - Anything to stop me having to watch another moment of this.

It is absolutely the most boring film I have seen in many years, it's so tedious I can't even remember what it started being about. Now it's just people running around screaming and saying nonsense and something to do with a pig? I don't know where the pig comes into this at all, but you know what? I just don't care, at all.

I think it might be some religious stuff in disguise as a film but honestly I have no idea. I vaguely remember some people talking about god at some point.

Oh, it just ended... Well, hallelujah!
15 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seriously!!!
abdulrahmanbinzayed4 February 2022
I saw it because I there was good comments for it but I hated my self to be that open .

Don't waste your time!!

Copying very old movies + bad acting

I couldn't finish the movie .
23 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They like the darkness
nogodnomasters28 February 2022
A radio astronomer (Anthony Ruivivar) gets the call to go find out about a possible first contact that happened to an object that crashed into the Bermuda Triangle. He takes a crew of three and charters a boat in the middle of the night. The man who drives the ship is very religious and believes it is the devil and not aliens.

They tried to make the film cute and clever with two Biblical names and four non-biblical names (guess who survives?) It goes from a so-so sci-fi film to a confused theology nightmare with random unconnected Bible verses. The end credits tosses in a bunch of ancient symbols used on our currency!!!!! Who knew?

Okay Everyone knew.

Guide: No swearing, sex, or nudity.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow
gjpfnnpnwy8 February 2022
The plot went from possible contact with extraterrestrials to Satan. I just don't know what else to say. I'm floored. Why the writers thought this was a good idea is probably beyond all human understanding. Aside from that, the acting was below average except from two well-known actors who at times delivered their lines with almost no motivation. 3/10. Watch if you are bored.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.