Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 19 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sequences of strong violence, some disturbing images and suggestive material|
Sex & Nudity
- Very mild exposure in one scene of the side of buttocks as a large naked man sits in a sauna and in another with a drugged man naked at a table. In another scene, there are female creatures clothed in see-through garments (nothing can be seen but if you look closely you can see the outline of breasts and buttocks).
- No visible nudity is shown in the movie.
Violence & Gore
- Characters are shot and stabbed with swords, blades and sci-fi weapons.
- A character poisons a room full of people. Deaths occur offscreen but audible, and the aftermath is shown (sunken in faces)
- The characters fight almost exclusively using close combat knives and swords, so there are several fight scenes including stabbing and cutting throats (never shown up close but in wide angle)
- Many people are hung upside down and drained of blood so that the Sardaukhar Army may receive blood marks on their forehead as a ceremony into thier army.
- A character is impaled by a dart which in turn paralyzes him.
- A bit of blood and a injury detail is seen including a bloody hand and knife
- A character is slapped and later gut punched brutally when tied up.
- Scenes include close-quarters combat with bladed weapons, including slashes and stabbings resulting in brief sight of blood. There is occasional focus on bloodied blades, or blood on hands and clothes. Other sequences depict large scale attacks in which ships and buildings are bombed and explode, and a number of deaths caused by toxic gas
- 3 uses of damn, 1 use of hell, 1 use of ass, 1 use of shit
- 1 use of shit
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are several intense battle scenes
- Two characters fight to the death in a knife duel
- Two characters fight for their survival by using their powers to make their captors kill each other.
- We see a mostly silhouetted creature that looks like it's composed of various human parts, and crawls around on several human arms. We don't see it very well but it is disturbing.
- Characters are swallowed by a massive frightening sandworm.
- Scenes of threat include characters being pursued and attempting to escape giant worms, flying through a sandstorm, fleeing from explosions, being held at knife point, and being targeted by remote devices that inject poison. A character is left paralysed by poison, and his body is seen naked in a chair as his enemies mock him
- "The Voice" that is used by the Bene Gesserit is intense and frightening.