Undisputed 3: Redemption (Video 2010) Poster

WOW action and decent acting
sdicker222 May 2010
So, let me start off by saying Scott Adkins is a pretty good actor and a damn good entertainer. He goes from being the partial pure fighting villain in the second to the star of the third. He copes with his hyper-extended knee very well might I say. Anyways, this movie was the best yet. The fight scenes were incredible and there was actually a decent plot. I hope there is a fourth and if there is Scott Adkins damn sure better be in it.

Way better than Tony Jaa and Ong Bak!

(I can't say better than Jackie or Lee because they're pure legacy and great BUT I can say Scott needs more roles. The guys amazing.)
52 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Strong fighting movie with predictable plot but still good.
Teo Adi23 May 2010
Scott Adkins is bad ass here. This role gets him well, better then fancy good boy from Ninja. He is turned from the villain of the Undisputed II to the flawed and angry main character of this one. You will enjoy him and supporting actors; Mykel Shannon Jenkins aka Turbo and Mark Ivanir as Gaga.

For once, not the average crap of usual action movie "alone against the world". This time, you are spared of usual "my brother died", or "I am in prison for wrong reason". All characters are flawed like in real life. I didn't yawn during dialogue or didn't for one moment seem the action come to stale. This is a packed with action movie about an international prison mma tournament.

Fighting scenes are superb done for a low budged movie made in post communist industrial bankruptcy of Eastern Europe.

All in all a good movie, good script , decent acting and again superb fights. Unexpected well done : 7/10.
33 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
From Undisputed I Straight Through III, They Keep Getting Better!!!!!
kmarmet21 May 2010
I am not going to say too much about the movie because I don't want to present any "spoilers," but I have to say this is one of the top action movies out, although very under the radar.

I first watched Undisputed I without ever knowing what it was, just saw it lying around at my friends house and watched it. It caught me completely off guard. Then I watched the second and I just finished the third. It seems like as far as the plots and action sequences go, they keep getting better. The fighting moves or sequences they perform in this movie are crazy! One of the main reasons I love this film. The also, completely capture what Americans think of when we think of a Russian prison. Very accurate to what I picture in my mind.

The acting is rather good in this movie, in my opinion. Sure there are some cheesy comments but every movie has them. My only wish is that they would put Jason Statham in one of these movies. But I have to say I was more than pleased that they brought Boyka back to fight, since he lost in the last movie.

Overall, very good movie if you are into movies like Bloodsport, or Kickboxer. I LOVED Bloodsport, and I was impressed how they copied Bloodsport as far as how the movie was set up, but was still so creative about the actual story line. Didn't take a ton of special effects and sex scenes to make it a great movie, the fighting was just phenomenal.
33 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
"God has given me only one Gift - I am the world's most complete fighter" : Uri Boyka
K K21 May 2010
This movie was a complete entertainer; I haven't seen the first two parts but this part was surely something! No doubt the MMA fighting skills of the characters were real time and no strings attached; yes I mean no strings attached.

The story may be considered on the lines of "condemned", but with noteworthy differences and twists, I would say the director "Isaac Florentine" and his special effects team has done a marvelous job with the fight sequences, story line and characters in hand.

I would suggest everyone should give this movie a try and I am sure everybody would like it, even if you are not into combat and sparring. This movie is a must watch for people who are into combat and self-defense.
46 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Delivers the goods
Wizard-81 June 2010
With a movie from direct-to-DVD kings Nu Image/Millennium Pictures, you know that you'll at least get good production values. When one of their movies has Isaac Florentine as the director, you know you are going to get some spectacular action sequences. Needless to say, "Undisputed III" has both of those things. I will admit that the script is pretty standard for this kind of thing - we never really get into the head of the protagonist and learn what is driving him, the bad guys also have no real personality, and how a couple of the characters managed to get together in the last few minutes of the movie is never explained. But we don't watch movies like this primarily for the writing. We watch them because we want some good action, and this movie without doubt has that. The fights are really spectacular, with Florentine using a perfect combination of expert choreography, good direction (the camera steps back enough so we see all of the fighters in the fights), and occasional and effective use of slow motion. I've enjoyed all the "Undisputed" movies, and if they make a fourth entry in the series, I'll definitely be there.
22 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
It just keeps getting better and better..
Alexander Kiniaev28 May 2010
So, I'm here writing and deleting all the time because I can't find the words to express my enthusiasm over this film.. Yes, it's not your typical drama with an extraordinary plot or character development but for a movie that had a low budget and was so under the radar it delivered, and delivered really really really good.

Scott Adkins deserves more credit and more film deals, because not only he's an amazing fighter/stuntman, he's also a pretty damn good actor as opposed to other "fighters" making movies (I won't point fingers, but there's a guy always whispers in movies)..

Bottom line is : Choreography is great, fight scenes are great, plot is really good, acting is really good.. You should definitely check out this movie, no doubt.. if you liked Undisputed 2 you're going to love this..

PS : Someone write a screenplay for Undisputed 4 please :P
30 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
One of the greatest fighting movies!
phantomgt_ricky31 January 2011
This has got to be one of the greatest fighting movies of all time! Unlike most movies with lame reasons for fighting, this movie is the complete opposite. They fight for their lives, they're salvation. the fighting scenes are very dramatic with excellent music to provide a sense of realism.

Fighting movies nowadays should adapt to this type of fighting in order to captivate us just like this one did.

Although the fighting elements from this movie and other movies are similar, this movie tends to use moves that you would not expect. Such as their kicks. They can jump 360 degrees in the air and land a roundhouse kick to the face. That's just awesome and original!

I would recommend this movie to anyone who loves to watch fights such as boxing, ufc, mma, strikeforce, etc.
20 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Best of the 3, its all action from start to finish
Mark Chadderton29 July 2010
I didn't expect much from this movie being the third one and classed as a B movie, but i have to say if you like one and two and you love action/fighting movies this is top notch. The acting isn't the best in the world, but action movies never are, Boyka is awesome and this is my favourite action movie for a while by far.

I know he was the bad guy type in number 2, but you soon warm to him here, it is a bit predictable. I think there will be a 4th installment too and ill be waiting for it.

A good fun action movie with quality fighting scenes, blood, corruption and a mean Russian :)
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Russian prison, Yuri Boyka, Scott Adkins, Undisputed 3, redemption
Bernard Sinai7 November 2010
Everybody's favorite bad guy from Undisputed II returns. Yuri Boyka (Scott Adkins) is a disgraced, disabled former champion prison fighter, having had his right leg broken by George 'Iceman' Chambers (Michael Jai White) in a Russian prison.

Boyka learns of an international prison tournament (SPC) and enters to regain his honor and prove himself as the 'most complete fighter'.

Adkins once again animates the character with his energetic, acrobatic martial art stunts. But this time the role of the character is just more of a fighter. Boyka (Adkins) has learned a lot in his defeat and humiliation – what it means to be a true champion.
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Another Hit!
nickruns4 June 2010
Please don't dismiss this movie because it doesn't have some big name actor in it. Fans of the trilogy will surely tell you that Undisputed II and III are far better films than the first. Scott Adkins returns as Uri Boyka and his martial arts moves are top notch. The prison fights are intense and the acting credible. This movie is what you paid for, straight forward action with little filler. This is not your average direct to video action flick this is the real deal! Look out for Scott Adkins because he's definitely got some talent and he looks a little like Ben Affleck only with acting skills. Make sure you watch Undisputed II first for the full experience and to see Michael Jai White kick butt.
15 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A DVD that I watched more than 15 times.
hydralisk_mk223 November 2012
No spoiler, I will make it short.

This series goes with lower and lower budget, but it gets (a lot) better and better. There is no wire, no fake, all real actions. The fight scenes are unbelievable, the story is good as well. Action movies usually don't get good ratings, but Undisputed 3: Redemption is surprisingly inspiring. It's like dark version of Rocky, other than that, you can see the change of Boyka and what makes him stronger. The characteristic of Boyka is quite impressive.

A DVD that I watched more than 15 times, I can't find a reason not to rate it 10.

To support independent films, I rated it 10 out of 10. (There are only 2 movies I rated for 10, another is Memento.)
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
You can not Dispute the franchise!!!!!!!! Better than before
maz4u6128 February 2012
You can not dispute the franchise. It is getting better and better. If you are looking for a sensible and twisted plot then you should go somewhere else. This movie has a good story too. But it is predictable. But overall the story is good with some twist and turn. The only thing that stands out in this movie is the fighting scene. All the fighting scene in this movies are amazing. From the beginning till the end. The characters chosen are really good to. It suits their personality. But, the only character stands out in the movie is "DOLOR". This guy is freaking badass. He is lighting fast, and has a touch of innocence when he recites Biblical verses. I hope he gets a chance in the future to show his talents. I watched the fighting scene more than 10 times. The only time i did that when I watch IP Man (1&2). Then I changed my rating from 8 to 9. Cause the fighting scene are extraordinary.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
the best fighting scenes ever
osvazas1 August 2011
in terms of storyline you won't be able to see a deep love or deep feelings, which is the first positive aspect. It's an action move, it's all about fighting.And i must stay I've never seen anything like that, it's a truly masterpiece, the choreography and skilled athletes really pulled it off..

It's the entrance towards contemporary action films as it takes evertyhing to the next level.. action departmen was a bit snoozy for quite some time and this kind of shake-up was vital to revive this genre. It's one of these films, that's unheard of and not very known out there, therefore you kind of hesitate to watch it because you don't want to waste your time on some crap, but it's certainly not the case. Even the story itself was quite inspiring and interesting, definitely it wasn't just dry fights in the ring, obviously there was a meaning beyond that, which makes it even more interesting to watch.

Scott Adkins has delivered an incredible performerance and has the potential to be next huge thing out there, it was spectacualar to witness elaborated stunts in such a way.. If you're a fun of action and you are willing to have a great time and you're looking for something, that wouldn't let you down - go for it!
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
"Undisputed III: Redemption" is just as well made as the 2nd one.
Comeuppance Reviews2 June 2010
"Undisputed III: Redemption" is just as well made as the 2nd one.

Boyka (Adkins) is still in jail after the fight with Chambers (played by Michael Jai White). Chambers destroyed his knee. All Boyka wants to do is fight again. "I am the most complete fighter." he keeps telling himself.

Luckily, there is a new ultimate fighting tournament in Russia, called the "Prison Spetz Competition": where they get the best fighters in the country to fight for their freedom. It is run by the corrupt guards of the prison and the mob.

Boyka is desperate to get in and after he barely beats a fellow prisoner, he is let into the competition...but the guards and the mob have rigged the event for the dangerous Colombian fighter to win and Boyka to lose.

Can Boyka win the tournament against all the odds? The best parts of the movie are the fighting sequences. They are excellently choreographed and brutal.

You can almost feel every punch and kick, because this is a punch-fighting movie, the plot is basically predictable and some of the acting is amateurish.

Scott Adkins' fighting skills are amazing in this. He executes one kick towards the end that is just devastating.

"Undisputed III" is one of the best DTV fighting movies in a long time and i definitely recommend it.

For more insanity, please visit: comeuppancereviews.com
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Awesome B movie gem fantastic flick
xz4819 October 2011
For the record I was pretty hesitant to watch this film because of the involvement of Scott Adkins whom I still remember from the horrible ninja movie. Well was I wrong! Scott turned in a formidable performance as the Russian lead with a bad knee. His accent and stance were so good that I often thought I was watching an A-list movie. The action scenes are fantastically shot and are far better than those big budget movies, ie rocky balboa, etc. The direction--and it has to be mentioned--is actually very good. The pace of the movie actually keeps one following the plot and the lead guy goes on to face tougher and tougher opponents, all when tingling you about how bad the knee could bother him. There isn't much plot if you have seen the Bloodsport/Kickboxer movies with Vandamme. But one should bear in mind that you do not walk into a bar to buy a salad, and I did not finish this movie thinking hard'n long about philosophy. I just felt pretty good watch the guys in this movie kicking ass and doing stunts, a straightforward movie that is well paced and well made.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Boyka is back!
Scott Adkins once again nailed this new installment in the Undisputed series with his convincing martial arts skills and scary persona!

Everything about this film was top notch, the action, suspense, directing, writing, and of course the outstanding martial arts choreography. It's refreshing to finally have true martial arts films that are realistic and have a real story to tell with substance.

Undisputed 3 is a great successor to Undisputed 2 and cant wait for the next one!

"Boyka! Boyka! Boyka! Boyka!"

Another perfect 10/10!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
One of, if not the best martial arts/action movie
Michael Ball26 June 2017
Undisputed 3 is exactly what you want from a martial arts movie. No Hollywood style choppy/shaky cam, just good clean choreographed fights with actors who know what they're doing and put together to create non- stop epic fight scenes throughout the entire movie.

Scott Adkins delivers yet again on his performance as Yuri Boyka, "the most complete fighter in the world" with this beautifully choreographed film as well as giving us a compelling character. The plot isn't perfect, but in all honesty it doesn't need to be, and in saying that it's by no means bad either.

There's really nothing more to say other than if you want an amazing action movie that will leave you hyped then this is for you.
Excellent martial arts film
Takethispunch13 May 2017
Years have passed since Yuri Boyka suffered a humiliating defeat and a broken knee at the hands of George "Iceman" Chambers. Humbled by his injury, he has relegated to becoming the prison janitor. Meanwhile, mob boss Gaga has expanded his prison tournament enterprise into an inter- prison tournament called the Prison Spetz Competition (PSC), which gathers the best prison fighters from around the globe to compete for a chance at a cleared record and early release. As Boyka hears the preliminaries taking place within his prison, as well as failing in his parole, he begins training privately to bring his knee back into fighting shape. Just after current champion Vladimir Sykov defeats his opponent in the final round of the prison's tournament, Boyka challenges him on the spot and swiftly defeats him, thus becoming the Russian representative for the PSC.

Boyka is transferred to Gorgon prison in the Republic of Georgia where he is joined by a diverse group of eight international prison fighters. Though the fighters are allowed one hour each day for training, they are still grouped into the general population for hard labor while Colombian fighter and local inmate Raul "Dolor" Quiñones is given private sparring sessions and a regimen of performance-enhancing drugs.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Damn! Every follow-up is better than the original!
p-stepien16 October 2011
In the follow-up movie to the cringe-worthy original movie and a gut-wrenching second part we have a change of hero. Here we follow Yuri Boyka (Scott Adkins of Barakapool and "Ninja" fame), the ultimate loser of the Undisputed final bout. With his leg injured he has been relegated to being a toilet cleaner, falling down the prison hierarchy to the very bottom. Despite his obvious weakness he never gives up and decides to reenter the ring. After beating the current prison champion it turns out that his next destination will be a world-wide tournament between inmates from several continents. Amongst them talkative American Turbo (Mykel Shannon Jenkins) and Colombian bad-ass Dolor (Marko Zaror, best known from the exquisite "Mirageman" movie).

Personally I'm not a big fan of such testosterone-charged tournament fight movies. Nonetheless I try to pinch a bit of everything and heard great things about the series. Admitedly it didn't turn out to be my flavour of fights, but the gritty high-octane brutality coupled with some immensely sound acting forced me to hand out a decent grade to this movie. The action and fighting is top notch, although some may flinch given every hit and crack sends shivers down the spine given its realism.

Both Jenkins and Adkins do great as the leads of the movie (the latter benefiting from playing a semi-illiterate introverted tough-guy), while supporting cast (including Mark Ivanir and Roberto Costanzo) never cause any hindrance to the story (however rudimentary it may be). We end up with a Molotov cocktail made from all the right proportions. If this is what you ordered than expect the rapturous fulfilment of expectations.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Best of the series yet
Leofwine_draca13 January 2018
REDEMPTION is the third of the UNDISPUTED franchise and a straight-to-video martial arts flick that excels at what it does. The trend is to offer more of the same as we saw before, but there's more action than ever, more heart, and more arena fighting. The genius move is to have Scott Adkins return as Boyka, not as the villain (although he's as tough as ever), but as the hero this time around. The story follows through the usual prison elements: male bonding, punishment, escape, and plenty more besides, but the emphasis is always on the fighting in the ring. In the hands of experienced director Isaac Florentine the fight scenes are crisp and fluid, with near-impossible physicality and brutal moves captured in loving detail. Adkins is excellent, of course, as is an ultra-slimy Marko Zaror as the chief bad guy and other genre personalities including Lateef Crowder, Vernon Dobtcheff, and good old Robert Costanzo (the traffic cop from DIE HARD 2!). It's certainly the best of the series yet, and it leaves me looking forward to checking out part four.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
this movie is the only best martial artist tournament film in the Undisputed film series
ivo-cobra820 August 2017
So the third film in the Undisputed film series is the best martial arts film flick in my opinion that was released in the last years. I am really not big fan of the Undisputed films. The first one I really don't care about Walter Hill and Wesley Snipes film that I don't care. The second one was about the same character from the first film George Chambers who was played by Ving Rhames but was then replaced by Michael Jai White. So anyway I got this movie on Blu-ray and I love this film to death. This is the only Undisputed film I have because of Scott Adkins I am a hug fan of the actor and I think Yuri Boyka is his best role. The reason I did not get Undisputed II: Last Man Standing on Blu-ray was because I did not like Scott Adkins a bad guy and he lost a fight on the end but still the second one was a really good movie.

Undisputed III: Redemption is the best sequel, better story, the fights scene's are practical well done. This movie is f***** awesome it kicks the sh** out of Bloodsport III, Bloodsport III sucked Undisputed III: Redemption is the best of the best martial arts tournament movie in the last years.

This series goes with lower and lower budget, but it gets (a lot) better and better. There is no wire, no fake, all real actions. The fight scenes are unbelievable, the story is good as well. Action movies usually don't get good ratings, but Undisputed III: Redemption is surprisingly inspiring. It's like dark version of Rocky, other than that, you can see the change of Boyka and what makes him stronger. The characteristic of Boyka is quite impressive.

There was also the reason I just didn't like Boyka: Undisputed IV, because this film ended perfectly and it really did not need another sequel.

Russian inmate Boyka, now severely hobbled by the knee injury suffered at the end of Undisputed 2. No longer the feared prison fighter he was, he has declined so far that he is now good only for cleaning toilets. But when a new prison fight tournament begins - an international affair, matching the best fighters from prisons around the globe, enticing them with the promise of freedom for the winner - Boyka must reclaim his dignity and fight for his position in the tournament.

The fights are awesome they are well done well choreographed there aren't any slow motions in this real practical effects and real fights, real stunts are all well done. This movie in the series is my favorite film of all time I love it. This is Scott Adkins film and not Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning, Hard Target 2 or the next Undisputed sequel this movie kicks ass. It is well acted from all the actors: Mark Ivanir as Gaga from the second film also returns which I am happy.

I love the prison setting and mostly I love the soundtracks score for this film: Jess Willard - I'm Still Standing and Max Boogie Overdrive - I Smell Blood those two songs are great songs used in this film. Bring It On was also used from the second film in this that I like that film.

There is like everything I love about this film. I love that Boyka does everything in this film to win and regain his honor. Mykel Shannon Jenkins was also good as Turbo, Boyka's friend and a cell mate I love the chemistry between them.

The rating get's 10/10 my favorite personal martial arts flick.

Undisputed III: Redemption is the third installment in franchise started by the 2002 action film Undisputed.

10/10 Grade: Bad Ass Seal Of Approval Studio: Nu Image Starring: Scott Adkins, Mykel Shannon Jenkins, Mark Ivanir, Hristo Shopov, Robert Costanzo, Marko Zaror Director: Isaac Florentine Producer: Israel Ringel Writter: David N. White Rated: R Running Time: 1 Hr. 36 Mins. Budget: $3.000.000 Box Office: $282,548
Can't be touched
sabujosephjr4 August 2017
I have seen a truck-load of martial arts films ( all the way from The Big Boss, Enter the Dragon etc) and boy was I thrilled to have seen this film. It kind of reignited the spark for MMA movies that I was missing for a long time.

By the time I finished seeing Undisputed 2, I was shocked to find out that Boyka was portrayed by an English actor.....that was the level of enactment he did to bring the stereotypical Russian prisoner we all have in mind.

I was absolutely blown away by the tribute montage ( using the song can't be touched by Roy JOnes Jr.) posted on Youtube and knew that I definitely needed to see this.

I had gone to the barbershop three times to get the Boyka haircut...which he eventually used as the poster to his shop.This movie is a must watch for martial arts fans and Scott Adkins deserves more meatier roles in the future
He's Back!!!
adonis98-743-18650318 October 2015
Boyka is back. This time he is fighting in the first ever inter-prison tournament with one knee. Scott Adkins is back and this time he's the good guy i love this film more than the 2nd one even tho that one was amazing this one is even better Boyka is the good guy and he is still kicking ass the best of the 3 for sure more action, more one liners and more Boyka. If you loved the 2nd film you're going to love this one also they are making a 4th one also so i guess it's going to be as good as this one and i hope even better. Like i said fans of the 2nd film will find entertainment with this one also it's better, faster and stronger than the previous film and for sure better than the Original.
A Good Movie
tugayayan588 March 2013
Chief part is Boyka(Scott Adkins). He is the best fighter I've ever seen.

He is from Russian. He is strong,muscular and determined. He is very good at fighting. Boyka's life too bad and hard but he is determined. He must win the match. I'm a big fan of Boyka.

Turbo is a good fighter too. He is very strong and muscular.He is American.Turbo and Boyka are good friends.

I think it was a good movie. This movie was gripping and violent. But,there was empty scenes in this movie. If you want a good film, I recommend you this film.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The best part of the trilogy
dushyant chaturvedi10 November 2012
Adkins returns as Boyka, the prisoner who is an ace mixed martial arts fighter. He is nursing his knee which was broken by Michael Jay White at the end of the second part. He takes part in the local prison competition and predictably wins. Then he is send off for an "inter prison MMA" tournament wherein the winner will walk free. I must admit that this is the only part of the trilogy which I enjoyed. There is a modicum of effort which has gone on in the development of characters. True, the focus is still on the fight. However, there are scenes which show the development of camaraderie between Adkins and Jenkins who plays an American fighter. The fight sequences are choreographed superbly and are total value for money. The movie does not bore you. The ending is unintentionally laugh out loud. The acting and direction is above average. The background score is good. 3 out of 5 for the Undisputed 3. Watch it for Adkins and the action scenes. Some of the punches will take your breath away.