I liked the story, overall and the movie isn't bad so 6.4/10 from me. However, here are the issues that just made it worse than it could've been.
1. Bad attention to detail. From bad deep-fakes to background CGI SFX that were too obvious. Some extras wren't very good too.
2. Graphic that looked like out of a computer game from 2010. It all looked very cartoonish. Too cartoonish
3. Storyline didn't always connect so if you don't know the original story, it can be hard to follow. Had to explain to people with me what is happening and why. It almost like they really wanted to make it as short as possible so they cut out the important peaces
4. Subpar "camera work" @ CGI. Eg. Some scenes are slow motion(again not fast but slow) and what seems like 15 fps. All you see is a blur up until the motion of the camera stops. That's just horrible and headache inducing way to film. Viewers want to see the details and not a blur.
5. They could've put a bit more humor. Too many times I was watching and said to myself, "would've been funnier if they did...".
6. A tiny fraction of points were also taken due to a presence of a specific actor who not long ago did something really bad and didn't man up to the consequences; and any time I see him, I don't get a good feeling any more. I don't get any positive feelings when I see his face... Using this actor by anyone these days is quite stupid. Sure, some love him, but some don't and you are alienating half of the people who may not even see a movie because he is part of the script. Something to think about...
Anyways. A good movie overall.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this